Bill Nye, how far you have fallen

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
If I tell you that the Big Bang occurred billions of years ago according to several prominent astrophysicists who have achieved a consensus within the profession, but do do not provide you with the method by which they obtained the empirical evidence to reach this conclusion, that is not science.

If I say that God will speak to you if you but believe in Him and open your heart to Him, and that you should go home and do this yourself this very night and see what happens, and you try it out, that is science.

I guess that, technically, Bill Nye was a Science Guy once. But it never was a big part of his act — much like when Dora the Explorer orders children to count with her, Nye's "try this at home" segments were expected to be mostly ignored. For the most part then he was a preacher; now, he is one entirely.

It is not like people have no access to database of scientific journals, though it could be locked behind a paywall. They provided evidences to other scientists or you have to read it yourself. This isn't religion where spreading beliefs to other nonbelievers that have nothing to do with scientific endeavor is necessary. Scientists aren't there to spoon feed you.
"
deathflower wrote:

It is not like people have no access to database of scientific journals, though it could be locked behind a paywall. They provided evidences to other scientists or you have to read it yourself. This isn't religion where spreading beliefs to other nonbelievers that have nothing to do with scientific endeavor is necessary. Scientists aren't there to spoon feed you.

Bill Nye spoon fed me when I was a kid by showing me actual evidence and experiments and it was awesome.

BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL!

Now he is doing the same with an even worse format, no awesome experiments... just saying "this is how it is you idiot" and then playing a rap video about "gender is a spectrum" and "sex stew", it's indoctrination.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 1, 2017, 10:57:50 AM
don't worry guys even if Bill has Fallen we still have nice people to educate us correctly and teach us some good science.

Do Americans really just watch old Bill Nye episodes in science class? I thought that was a meme.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Do Americans really just watch old Bill Nye episodes in science class? I thought that was a meme.

It's slightly exaggerated but... yea I would get into it

Happened on Fridays, or every other Friday, or when there was a substitute teacher

Mostly in Middle School though, only a few times in high school
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 1, 2017, 11:53:14 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

We watched those tapes in school (they were pretty recent at that time) and I remember plenty of the things I learned watching shows like Bill Nye, Beakman's world, Reading Rainbow ect. Trust me you're not teaching any kid anything with the boring mundane videos the schools would provide so teachers would use these already popular shows to get keep kids attention. We did everything from baking soda + Vinegar volcanoes to turning a 2l bottle into a water/air rocket and see who could launch theirs the furthest.

That said after seeing the video in the OP I don't think I would even say what up to Bill if I saw him on the streets now.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Manocean wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Bill Nye spoon fed me when I was a kid by showing me actual evidence and experiments and it was awesome.

BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL, BILL!

Now he is doing the same with an even worse format, no awesome experiments... just saying "this is how it is you idiot" and then playing a rap video about "gender is a spectrum" and "sex stew", it's indoctrination.

I am sure it is fun for corporations to capitalize on Trump, Social justice or your growing political divide.
"
deathflower wrote:

I am sure it is fun for corporations to capitalize on Trump, Social justice or your growing political divide.

it is the perfect show marketed at the demographic that fills places like reddit.com's "/r/politics" forum

such an easy market to hit too, because they like everything that assures that they are enlightened and that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong and inbred
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on May 1, 2017, 10:52:38 PM
If you still doubt that we're literally living in '1984', Netflix just removed a segment from an old 'Consider the Following' Bill Nye episode which was about how chromosomes determine gender.

https://twitter.com/reaganbattalion/status/859899776967618560
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you still doubt that we're literally living in '1984', Netflix just removed a segment from an old 'Consider the Following' Bill Nye episode which was about how chromosomes determine gender.

https://twitter.com/reaganbattalion/status/859899776967618560

I've read this a few place, if it is true then I'm surprised.

Ministry of Truth.
anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info