Bill Nye, how far you have fallen

"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Womens breasts are oversexualized. Things need to change.

Um, you compare having cleavage with showing pubic hair? On what planet are you on?

you think people with penis + testicles are women

...and then u get mad at the "logic" of a comic

but this comic to me is about, if you know you're showing something, don't get mad when people look. both the man(assuming gender) and woman(assuming gender) in this comic are dumb for getting mad when people look at areas they are themselves drawing attention to
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 27, 2017, 5:06:39 PM
"
Manocean wrote:

asking the real question here
"
deathflower wrote:

NO U

well, I'll give ya props for not denying it.
But man you should really try to not make the majority of your posts dodges.
The fact is that the extent to which climate change claims that humans are affecting temperature changes is impossible to say with certainty. Just to clarify, I dont think there's no effect either, what I think is foolish is to say it with such certainty, with such arrogance, I dont think its any different from claiming that there is none at all.
I dont think that's far from a system of beliefs, which is not what science should be about.

extremely related:

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 27, 2017, 3:04:51 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

NO U

well, I'll give ya props for not denying it.
But man you should really try to not make the majority of your posts dodges.
The fact is that the extent to which climate change claims that humans are affecting temperature changes is impossible to say with certainty. Just to clarify, I dont think there's no effect either, what I think is foolish is to say it with such certainty, with such arrogance, I dont think its any different from claiming that there is none at all.
I dont think that's far from a system of beliefs, which is not what science should be about.

extremely related:

We did. Climate change is largely attributable to human activities. I could but I am not telling you. I rather you waste your time than mine. If you care, find out yourself. Otherwise why does it matter? You don't care. It is a question that answer itself.

"
Manocean wrote:

I almost just spit my coffee out lol fuckin mano man too based
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
deathflower wrote:

We did. Climate change is largely attributable to human activities. I could but I am not telling you. I rather you waste your time than mine. If you care, find out yourself. Otherwise why does it matter? You don't care. It is a question that answer itself.

Actually Climate change is attributed to many factors. Our Climates are made of a multitude of cycle in loop and add on each other. Such as... the revolution of the Earth around the Sun which mark the 4 seasons. But some other cycle are much longer and more difficult to observe in a human life, things such as the water streams around the oceans, El-nino having a huge influence on the climate. And..... a very very long cycle of global warming and frozen ages.

We know for a fact that multiple global waming and frozen ages happened in the history of our planet, this has been proven by taking deep ground carrots and geologistic analyze. So yes, maybe we have some sort of influence on our climate, but we're not the only one.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

Actually Climate change is attributed to many factors. Our Climates are made of a multitude of cycle in loop and add on each other. Such as... the revolution of the Earth around the Sun which mark the 4 seasons. But some other cycle are much longer and more difficult to observe in a human life, things such as the water streams around the oceans, El-nino having a huge influence on the climate. And..... a very very long cycle of global warming and frozen ages.

We know for a fact that multiple global waming and frozen ages happened in the history of our planet, this has been proven by taking deep ground carrots and geologistic analyze. So yes, maybe we have some sort of influence on our climate, but we're not the only one.

Maybe you like to answer this. To what degree is human activities causing climate change?
"
Manocean wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:

Um, you compare having cleavage with showing pubic hair? On what planet are you on?

...and then u get mad at the "logic" of a comic

but this comic to me is about, if you know you're showing something, don't get mad when people look. both the man(assuming gender) and woman(assuming gender) in this comic are dumb for getting mad when people look at areas they are themselves drawing attention to

The woman wears something comfortable, the man is just being disgusting. And i dont ever let my pubic hair hang out like that. Compare the man showing part of his chest to a woman showing cleavage. Hypocrite.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

^dont forget volcanic activity, true numbers for fauna and flora and whatnot. I really really detest the graphs that try to show previous temperature before and now cause its running on imprecise and incomplete data. Especially when you are saying that the temperature influence by human footprint is in the single fucking digits.

"
deathflower wrote:

wew lad.
if not for the fact that it isnt black and white, I'd say that you are just like those people that thought the sun revolved around the earth cause it was the accepted norm.
Im thinking of the possibility that its not that you dont know shit, its that you know there are too many uncounted variables and its not that certain so to try to convince anyone that doesnt just listen and believe that its 100% certain is like trying to prove there is an invisible, intangible dancing fairy with polka dot dress dancing to to your right (and above) at this moment.
Seems more like a self-fulfilling prophecy used as an excuse to enact some regulations that I actually agree with (reduction of pollution, cleaner energy sources, etc) and some that I seriously dont (pollution of science by trash that should be nowhere near it).
You know, playing dirty to get what you want.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 27, 2017, 5:49:36 PM
"
deathflower wrote:

Maybe you like to answer this. To what degree is human activities causing climate change?

This is a very complicated question that would require thought on it and here's why. When I entered university in Microbiology I crossed path with many other disciplines, and the ones that were the least respected are the climatologist. I think people who study paranormal activity are taken more seriously by the scientific community. The climatologist have no valuable scientific methode, they have problems predicting the weather of tomorrow but they expect us to believe they can predict what will happen in decades based on model that were calculed centuries ago.

The problem here is all of their studies are in conflicts with one another, and you end getting stuff like this, remember in the 90s? when they said in 2000 New York would be underwater because of the ice melting in North pole. Never happen, they predicted so many things that turned out to be completly false.

So it's hard to find a common ground and something that would be true.

Now here's what I think, based on my personal knowledge. I think we do not influence the planet as a whole. I think we are influencing our direct environement. The pollution we make around New York destroy the quality of air of New York, it's water and it's direct surrounding. The pollution created in China ruins China's country quality of life and environment but does not affect the entire planet.

If you throw all your shit of your sewers in the river next to your city you're going to poison the river and destroy it's ecosystem, but you won't change the climate or destroy the forests in Africa. So basically in the end it's still important to be careful about our environment and to avoid destroying the places we live in, and the nature we try to preserve. I believe it is the most accepted model among the scientific community and every professional who aren't trying to push a political agenda one side or another.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info