Developer Q&A - Answers Part 5

"
SageArts wrote:
"
I sometimes feel that something was lost that day.

based chris. lemme tell you, you're not the only one feeling that way, because the game really lost something that day. In my Opinion permanent allocation was a mistake.

it removed the only advantage melee had towards casters and ranged chars (being near the drop zones).

the disadvantage when playing parties needed heavy incentives for players in the form of having a much more difficult solo game. it was a perfect setup. players in parties actually had to contribute to fighting monsters to get some rewards.

that's gone, those who actually fight in parties risk their xp progress while getting nothing special out of it, makes playing in parties rather meh.

the logical consequence of introducing permanent loot allocation was "teh spoiled ones" requesting an offline gaming mode. which likely was their intention in the first place because the game felt like an offline game with attached trading afterwards.

i still could punch kittens when i remember those idiotic arguments about it "being optional". yes, sure. makes sense if there is a special league with enforced ffa party play but who in their right mind would artificially play the game in a higher dificulty without the recognition of having done so.
Good day.
Have you thought about open server with old vertion of PoE 1.0 for example?
It will be fan to play on it.
"
"What part of the game/content changed the most from initial idea to full implementation?

In my opinion, the item allocation system. We were initially very set on Free-for-all looting, so the Closed Beta launched without any other item allocation modes. People complained bitterly, so we added various item allocation modes and changed the default away from FFA. I sometimes feel that something was lost that day. "

Hahaha....hahaha....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG tears of laughter :D
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on Apr 26, 2017, 9:44:34 PM
are there any plans to fix or atleast lessen the life-es problem in 3.0.0? an by that i mean, when are planning to buff life?
Welcome to Wraeclast... Well what are you waiting for?
Time To WRECK SHIT

flame totem - knockback + max dodge chance = NANANANANANANA CANT TOUCH THIS
I'm waiting for the minimap cuz now it's sort of complicated and time consuming.
"
2. He prefer d3 mainly because of that annoying small inventory. (You guys should at least add 1 more horizontal row to put 2 body armours or a 2h weapon and a 4 square item such as a helmets/glove/boots, I agree with him, your inventory is annoying)

I necro this because it's a good point.

You can maintain your "gravitas" of loot quantity and simultaneously make the loot system less annoying by changing the shape of the inventory box.

Currently, the inventory box is horizontally biased. Meanwhile, loot itself is vertically biased. This makes NO SENSE. The only reason you did this, I imagine, is because Diablo did this.

Guess what? It didn't make sense in D1/D2 either.

A vertical inventory box might be too hard to implement at this point in time, but it wouldn't be so hard to remove two rows off of the left and add a single row to the bottom.

The end result?

1. The same quantity of crap comes out of maps. Exactly what you wanted to achieve with a limited inventory stash.

2. Given the current distribution of loot types, a hell of a lot less loot-Tetris. People can go back to town with less empty space WITHOUT taking the time to play Tetris with their inventory.

Some annoyances are (ultimately) good for the game. This is not one of them.

In short, annoying != challenging. Not in any sense that is important, anyhow.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Aug 5, 2017, 10:47:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info