Thin line between Clever use of game Mechanis and Exploit. Monstrous Treasure shenanigans.

"
Mezion wrote:
Why is this thread 7 page long? Its ridiculous.

"
Randomzx wrote:
So there's tons of mechanics not intended and they get to choose which one gets banned for arbitrary reasons

Arbitrary reasons? Clearly anything related to abusing instance creation of some kind and completely buy-passing resources (leaguestone, prohpecy) is an exploit. Like it was already said, the snapshot mechanic was acknowledged and allowed for a while since it used gear and gems in an odd but "ok" way for GGG.

Seriously this thread is ridiculous. How can people lie to themselves so much that they feel the need to justify what is clearly cheating.

The problem lies with not having a clear message from GGG whether something is okay or not. Back when Sacrifice of the Vaal was first released people abused instance creation load times to find if a vaal side area spawned or not. I believe GGG said in some random post that most people would miss anyway that they frowned upon this technique but would not ban for it. Since this game is bound economically to impact multiple players if you weren't using this technique and wanted to even try Atziri you had to shell out a ton of money or waste weeks looking for that midnight fragment.

If you were abusing this exploit then you could find fragments exponentially faster than regular people playing the game. It's not a far leap to go from here to MT. Where are players to draw the line? Avoid the line altogether and let other people corner the market or engage in said shady behavior and hope to not get banned?
IGN: Suifido
TESTHER
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
The issue is that no one knows which exploits are bannable and which are are 'use it while you can'.

Anyone remember soul mantle shaper farming?

Well, if your "blurred lines"-detector is intact, it should be a very simple task to contact support. As many in here have said, they KNOW it's an exploit, but instead of just asking, they use it as much as they can while they can, without seeking any VALID information. A simple, little e-mail:

"Excuse me, good Sir, but I believe I've found an exploit in your code. Can I be banned for using this?"

Instead of the; "I will exploit everything there is to exploit to gain an advantage, and if it's bannable, someone ought to tell me directly"-approach.

And how many people besides the single person got a response from GGG about MT?
They let this go on for half a year and kept silent about it despite Chris' stance that it was bannable.

Is there a repository of 'rules' ggg keeps somewhere in a sub forum where they say which exploit is bannable and which is not?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
The issue is that no one knows which exploits are bannable and which are are 'use it while you can'.

Anyone remember soul mantle shaper farming?

Well, if your "blurred lines"-detector is intact, it should be a very simple task to contact support. As many in here have said, they KNOW it's an exploit, but instead of just asking, they use it as much as they can while they can, without seeking any VALID information. A simple, little e-mail:

"Excuse me, good Sir, but I believe I've found an exploit in your code. Can I be banned for using this?"

Instead of the; "I will exploit everything there is to exploit to gain an advantage, and if it's bannable, someone ought to tell me directly"-approach.

And how many people besides the single person got a response from GGG about MT?
They let this go on for half a year and kept silent about it despite Chris' stance that it was bannable.

Is there a repository of 'rules' ggg keeps somewhere in a sub forum where they say which exploit is bannable and which is not?

Nephalim is on point here, because of how GGG handled the situation.

I also think the bans are a huge surprise and shouldn't have happened at all.(in case of the league stones exploit)

Now if GGG made a post about it immediately when they found out, to caution players that they will get banned if they utilize it before they can implement a hot-fix, i would have a different opinion.
But since they neglected any and all information on the mater and didn't take a stance the bans are not justified.

Ignoring the fact GGG needs justification for banning people, they don't, but i would still appreciate it if they did from a customers perspective.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
This post and its creator needs to be permanently banned for promoting exploiting.

To all of you who are here right now and crying about getting banned for using an exploit by your own CHOICE no1 forced you to use it or to even look for it in the first place but instead of playing the game normally like it was intended you constantly spend time searching for new ways to exploit it not to even mention that when you do find an exploit instead of reporting it to ggg and asking players not to use it and help ggg identify the ones that are using them you instead join in on it under the excuse that because then the few players that use it will "corner the market" and you think you are helping by becoming like them and making the game less fun for normal players like they are doing, then you have the nerve to come here and blame ggg for your bad decisions and say that the line was not "defined" i am sure when you found out about it your first thought was "this is an intended part of the game".

Honestly this whole part of the community (exploiters, market manipulators and macro abusers) is disgusting and ggg should start punishing them more for doing things like this and making the punishments more severe.
Last edited by eWlu on Apr 20, 2017, 1:21:57 PM
"
eWlu wrote:
...ban all and shit...

I think you have to be permabanned for hateful speech, linguistic vomit, trigger happiness, and complete misunderstanding of the issue.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Misunderstanding? Hateful Speech?
You seem to pull things out of nowhere because none of those things are in my post. On the ironic side you were providing more than enough hate and misunderstanding in that small post you just made.
If not, why do you so desperately want these people banned, then?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Just love how GGG handle their game really well. Exploit kills mmo games. Just take for example The Division. Ubi can't handle every exploit that their player base do and their game ended up in the toilet. Two thumbs for GGG for doing a really great job.
Wow you're not serious right? I really hope not cause i literally stated in that post why they need to be banned if you cant read that's your problem not mine. And i am not desperate about anything if i was i would have made my own long post about it, besides its not anyone being desperate about anything its what needs to happen for the good of the game.
So they should be banned even though GGG said it was okay? According to you everyone who used LA + FW should probably be banned too. What about people who use a third party website to buy and sell things? At that rate poe would be a ghost town.
IGN: Suifido
TESTHER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info