Where do I complain about Scammers like [Removed by Support]

"
Taylor5CC wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:
Do you know what was wrong in your case? Your trust. You trusted in a complete stranger in an online game. But you have gained knowledge. You probably won't get scammed so easily next time. And that is a valuable lesson, worth far more than 100c.
Except I can't even use my experience to protect others. I would gladly lose 100c if it meant someone else just like me would be protected from this kind of action.

That's how society works. If murderer kills my wife, I'll never get my wife back even if the murderer is caught. But, if he is caught, I will know others are protected. You don't hear the cops saying "Oh, sorry, your wife is dead and there is nothing that can be done about that, so why did you call us again?"

You could use your experience to protect others if you chose to. Some ideas:
1. Elaborate on how you feel you got scammed such as what you agreed upon, what the person said, what happened etc. Help yourself and other people learn how you put yourself in that position to avoid it in the future.
2. Put a support ticket in with the same thing (include your chat log) and be articulate when you do so instead of just saying something like your original post.
3. Make a list of people you do know are trustworthy and share the link to the thread in your signature.
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
"
j_tom47 wrote:
And how exactly did you get scammed out of 100c?
He said on the trade channel he had a Perandus Archive for sale and to PM him. I PM'ed him saying I would buy it for 100c. He invited me to his party. I went to his hideout and traded him 100c. He then logged out. I am now sitting in his hideout. He has logged back on and started a new map. He has not responded to my PMs.

I think its a little weird I am not allowed to warn others on this forum about him. If people aren't allowed to warn others about this, it seems to be saying this kind of behavior is ok. I just started playing this game, and I'm not sure I want to continue if bad-behavior is not only rewarded but also protected.

Why do you give someone 100 chaos without getting something first? Lol. You got what you deserve.
Right, I think I understand your point. Let me know if I have it correctly:

People can scam others, because this is Wraeclast and it is a harsh, unfair place. However, you can't hurt other people's reputation because that would be unfair. For example, I have a screenshot proving I was scammed(uploaded to imgur), but I can't post it here because it contains the name of the person. While digital property can be taken, digital reputation is sacred.

Regardless, I should also be thankful to you guys for pointing out how dumb I am. I mean, it's not like you guys should also be pointing out to the scammer HIS actions were bad. There is no lesson for him to learn (other than the community will actively protect him and will tell people like me we deserve it). However, I can learn MY actions were bad. And, it is the community's duty to point that out to me. But, it isn't their duty to point anything out to him. In fact, it would be WRONG of them to do so.

The bottom line is:
This is my fault for being dumb. And, I should be thankful to the scammer and to the community for teaching me. If I don't like this simple fact, I shouldn't play this game.

Is that about the long and the short of it?
Last edited by Taylor5CC on Apr 16, 2017, 12:24:20 PM
Why do people automatically ignore the clearest answer and then go about drawing their own conclusions even more.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can warn people. You just can't name/shame. Tell the world. Tell people not to fall for what you did. Post it on the forum.

You just. can't. name.

Understand why. Please.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on May 5, 2017, 9:59:55 AM
"
Lunartuna wrote:
Why do people automatically ignore the clearest answer and then go about drawing their own conclusions even more.

READ THIS

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can warn people. You just can't name/shame. Tell the world. Tell people not to fall for what you did. Post it on the forum.

You just. can't. name.

Understand why. Please.

Actually that answer is pretty stupid

Just post on Reddit where people can actually see who it is

And ya @op sadly you got fucked but now you know how the devs treat the situation
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Taylor5CC wrote:
I should be thankful to the scammer and to the community for teaching me.

Indeed. You learned the hard way that you can't trust anybody you don't know. But you did it, and that's very good.

If you have proofs, try to send them to the support mail; but I don't think one image is a proof of anything.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Actually that answer is pretty stupid

Just post on Reddit where people can actually see who it is

Oh the irony.
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Give some charity dude. That will help.
Once I got scammed out of tons of currency, so I went and gave charity (helped some noobs out for half of what I lost) and in return I became 10x richer than what I had lost. It works.
Also, I think that was a great experience for me, because I was young, dumb, and naive. Not so anymore.
Getting scammed actually helped me.
Last edited by arsonist88 on Apr 16, 2017, 4:16:36 PM
All this "I did it for the children!" doesn't wash. You did it to get back at the guy, and you tried to use GGG to help you with your revenge. They're not going to help you with that.
There's a huge circle jerk about not naming and shaming in this game, I just don't do any of those trades unless the person is providing their half first, all you can really do is lead by example.

It's a really stupid policy though, and the cringy people RPing backing it up are even worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info