[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

"
KodiakDuck wrote:
One more question. Does Maim work with the 100% conversion to cold damage? The wiki makes it sound like it the enemies take increased physical damage not that you deal increased physical damage. Wouldn't elemental damage with attacks be better?

Hi, now trialing gladiator :) so far more dps when charges are up but less when they are not. More defenses too but need them as it has a different playstyle, very much the in your face melee to proc the fortify & onslaught. Another day or so playing and I'll write it up.

elemental damage with attacks is definitely in there its probably the most important after frost blades.

With the new maim gem, enemies are maimed and we get the 30% more multiplier. The enemies takes increased physical damage doesn't work for us though because of the 100% cold. Still works out the 6th most damage gem.
Hi!! after a few days i am loving more and more this build, currently lvl 80 with 5 links on my FB and the damage is insane (actually doing maps tier 10, cause i dont have higher maps)

"
WildWombat wrote:
"
KodiakDuck wrote:
One more question. Does Maim work with the 100% conversion to cold damage? The wiki makes it sound like it the enemies take increased physical damage not that you deal increased physical damage. Wouldn't elemental damage with attacks be better?

Hi, now trialing gladiator :) so far more dps when charges are up but less when they are not. More defenses too but need them as it has a different playstyle, very much the in your face melee to proc the fortify & onslaught. Another day or so playing and I'll write it up.

elemental damage with attacks is definitely in there its probably the most important after frost blades.

With the new maim gem, enemies are maimed and we get the 30% more multiplier. The enemies takes increased physical damage doesn't work for us though because of the 100% cold. Still works out the 6th most damage gem.

And after had read this, i play around whit PoB changing main with other gems (ice bite, hypothermia, faster attacks, empower, cold pen) and i found that hypothermia can give us more damage as our 6th link, just put hypothermia in PoB, go to configuration, and check the toolbox "is the enemy chilled".

Bye :D

PS: sorry if my english is bad, is not my native languague and hopefully did the test good, is my first time playing around with PoB.
Very great build and liking it a lot! I've been playing around with it a bit, and i've been wondering of you already tried it with the Three-Step Assault boots, because they double you evasion rating while having onslaught. Have not been able to test it myself as im not yet 78 to use Perseverance, but it seem that it might be worth to be a little tankier.

"
Ragneir01 wrote:
Very great build and liking it a lot! I've been playing around with it a bit, and i've been wondering of you already tried it with the Three-Step Assault boots, because they double you evasion rating while having onslaught. Have not been able to test it myself as im not yet 78 to use Perseverance, but it seem that it might be worth to be a little tankier.

Nope, the inc evasion is local.
really glad that you are enjoying it and your english is good :)

My concern had been that it doesn't do any damage when stuff isn't chilled, especially bosses but I was also working on less dps with warloards mark.

My champion is 815k dps with hypothermia it goes to 866k dps so very nice! but against something that isn't chilled it is 623k. With hypothermia's bonus to chill we need to hit something for 9% of its life. Against a non chilled boss my biggest hit at 623k would be 52900 so something with around 600k life I think (t6-t7 maps?). Its a different mechanic but freeze includes a chill and POB tells me I can apply a freeze to a boss with 1.1 to 1.3m life (t10-t11 maps) so not sure here. Once that first chill is applied it should be great though because the extra from hypothermia. Let us know how it goes, especially with the high level maps!
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
"
Ragneir01 wrote:

that's a shame :)
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:
"
Ragneir01 wrote:

Ohhhhhh, true :( would been great if it was global
Hey,

I've fallen in love with slayer this league, the cull and leech is amazing. Can this be done just as easily as slayer? I'm interested in making a crit frost blades slayer, what do you think?
"
MrAron wrote:
Hey,

I've fallen in love with slayer this league, the cull and leech is amazing. Can this be done just as easily as slayer? I'm interested in making a crit frost blades slayer, what do you think?

Hi, I really dont know as a lot of what we have chosen is for dual wield or one hand weapon. I'm not sure what it is like but someone made a slayer frost blades build here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930028
updated with gladiator

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info