[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

Hi,

great hope it goes well.

I didn't really think about cwdt :) even though I though I've played other builds with it not so high, probably a good idea to cut it off somewhere further back

I used the abyssus in 2.6 with the varunstras, it added huge damage but died so much :) I tried balancing it with lightning coil but found I still just kept dying. It will add over 300k dps so for the right person could be fantastic, but I think it is beyond my skill level :)
Hi again xD, i remember one thing, iron reflexes can be bad for the build, cause the armor is not a lineal formula , link de poe wiki (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour#Mechanics).

Wearing armor + evasion (%chance to evade attacks) i thing is better than just stacking a lot of armor

Bye
Hey I noticed one thing about the build. Are the defenses from armor enough ? don't we need extra dodge or block since we don't have lots of life ?
Hi,

I'm at 5588 life, 30% phys reduct, 24% evade, 25% block

Most of my deaths are lag (crap connection) and me being stupid with whirling blades into a big pack :). I take some big hits but deaths are not common and other than the above either I have no idea what killed me or they are from elemental damage.

Running around t13-t15 maps fine, normal atziri is ok (except reflect I havent tried uber yet), Uber Izaro is a breeze and only have to move once or twice.

The real exception is the Minotaur. I did 6 Minotaur maps today, a number of times he one shot me best I did him in was 3 deaths but I also struggled with him with 11k es in legacy, I have never done the guardians a lot so need to learn or maybe it is I just suck at Minotaur :)

I swapped between iron reflexes on and off going from 30% reduction and 24% evade to 40% reduction and 5% evade and I dont think I could tell the difference. I did hydra and chimera twice each, a lot of work moving around but both deathless.

Running enfeeble could be an option instead of frostbite/assasins if you want more defence but it is a pretty big dps loss but it is also a blue gem so could be swapped in and out as desired.

It would be great to get more opinions
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 26, 2017, 5:36:57 AM
Thanks for the reply wombat. You have pretty high damage against endgame bosses. I'll try this build out soon. Maybe I'll try getting Acrobatics for an extra layer of defense instead of iron reflexes.
Last edited by viper0n on Aug 26, 2017, 10:59:43 AM
"
WildWombat wrote:
"
Potenz0 wrote:
Looks interesting.

It went fine until I after took winter spirit and I noticed that no one was bleeding anymore :) Unfortunately cold damage cant cause bleeding so that wiped out that part of the ascendancy. I'd love outmatch and outlast, keep trying to work how to get frenzy charges (I'm tempted to try the new harbinger mask and see if I can anything to work with that).

Ah that's a real shame. Thanks for pointing it out though.
I added a couple of videos, I fully admit they are not the greatest but they should give a bit of an idea. I'll try and get some more done soon.
What made you choose Champion over other ascendancies?
"
KodiakDuck wrote:
What made you choose Champion over other ascendancies?

I started in 2.6 with varunstras and the goal to build around those. I went with gladiator and found that cold does not allow bleeding so 'grat voilence' and 'blood in the eyes' isnt any use. That left outmatch and outlast (which I'd still like to have) and the 'painforged' groups. I didn't think I would block enough dual wielding and didnt do enough damage using a shield. So I reascended, Slayer is focused on two handed weapons so that left champion and I liked the idea of permanent fortify. Of course that was my first 'real' character and a lot of learning and trial and error, I didn't know about path of building and spent about 250 orbs of regrets trying things out :)

I wasn't going to continue the character but saw the perservance belt and wanted something more of a league starter so redid it and didn't really think about just went champion again. Even the other day when asked about outmatch and outlast I just went bleed doesn't work ad dint look. I have just relooked at gladiator and see 31% spell block chance and that sounds nice :) as well as an easy way to generate endurance and frenzy charges. I'll reascend tomorrow and give it a try
Last edited by WildWombat on Aug 29, 2017, 9:34:41 AM
One more question. Does Maim work with the 100% conversion to cold damage? The wiki makes it sound like it the enemies take increased physical damage not that you deal increased physical damage. Wouldn't elemental damage with attacks be better?
Last edited by KodiakDuck on Aug 29, 2017, 9:47:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info