[3.7] Frosty Duelist - Dual Wielding Frost Blades

"
kaeh wrote:
Hey !

First of all thanks for this build, i've just reached mapping at lvl 60 haha, it was pretty fun to level.

I've tried some stuff during leveling :

Dual Ewar's Mirage
Was great, huge boost of dps at lvl 26. started to use FB at this point.
The additionnal projectile was meh, but the chaining... just wow.

Dual Daresso's Passion
Everything died so fast, very fun !

Dual Prismatic Eclipse
Nice damage boost too.

Now i'm with Scaeva on main and Prismatic Eclipse on off hand.
I think the 3*25% increased physical damage is neat plus block chance + additionnal physical damages.

Right now i'm doing lvl 70 maps with ease, at level 60, that's my first time i'me doing map that early.

Once again, thanks for this fun build :)

Hi! Glad you like it!
In 2.6 I leveled with all sorts of gear and had a blast doing it, I'll update the main post
Has anyone done a Frost Blades slayer? I died on the character I was using to farm labs so I was thinking of making a slayer to take care of lab farming, but the next character I actually wanted to do was Berserker Frost Blades because I enjoyed Frost Blades so much in 2.6.

So I thought why not Frost Blades Slayer? So I came over to the forums and I see this thread but Slayer seems to be the ascendancy left out. Is there a reason why Slayer wouldn't be good?
"
Has anyone done a Frost Blades slayer? I died on the character I was using to farm labs so I was thinking of making a slayer to take care of lab farming, but the next character I actually wanted to do was Berserker Frost Blades because I enjoyed Frost Blades so much in 2.6.

So I thought why not Frost Blades Slayer? So I came over to the forums and I see this thread but Slayer seems to be the ascendancy left out. Is there a reason why Slayer wouldn't be good?

hi! I havent included slayer as it is different weapons and tree etc but there is one here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930028 (I haven't really look at it in any detail so cant say how it good it is etc).
Last edited by WildWombat on Sep 14, 2017, 11:16:00 PM
i play my aegis full block bf gladiator with a fast change to frost blades in maps ;)
And it works pretty good still have some reflect issues ;)

mfg
Majin

"
Majin111 wrote:
i play my aegis full block bf gladiator with a fast change to frost blades in maps ;)
And it works pretty good still have some reflect issues ;)

mfg
Majin

yeah, my first char in breach was a full block gladiator with frostblades in a 4 link for clearing, found that I liked the frostblades more than main attack :) so started this guy in legacy :)
Hello there,

I'm currently using your build (champion with vaal pact).

I'm lvl 75 and this is my poe profile : http://poe-profile.info/profile/Bookuwa

Tree :https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAMUACTQAAF-bLV85ivDEgrCrvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sF07QUtZU29Nkd-hNkB3HfjqW55aMEEXz8UIO8OUEfkUcAaTP9OKluvDY38xe4OFfZieQAGh3ZKfRR1yMzvj99vI9NvJ49ggazkaql5o4oj9o19MHzUUsv1MbDcvecPdKAGohfcBiBNkrGzG60EsXsUUUeNvwW151Qk_f_eN9TtP-jWIurDOio4JIsPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSLlPTb-xchJSJcXvUAAAAAAA=

In my Hideout with hatred, Assassin's mark and ice golem i've arround 58k dps
5 link : melee and elemental dmg, multistrike and maim support
I don't really know how to upgrade my dps at 400k or even 200k (i think i've take all the node damage)

I want some advices to know on what spend my chaos ? 6 link ? Better weapon, have you some exemple ? Jewel ?

Cold penetration and elemental focus aren't better than ruthless & maim ?
Thanks in advance.

ps : sry for my english ^^
Last edited by Bookuwa on Sep 18, 2017, 7:25:56 PM
"
Bookuwa wrote:
Hello there,

I'm currently using your build (champion with vaal pact).

I'm lvl 75 and this is my poe profile : http://poe-profile.info/profile/Bookuwa

Tree :https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAMUACTQAAF-bLV85ivDEgrCrvqdgQWNwEdVXl0Mx2sF07QUtZU29Nkd-hNkB3HfjqW55aMEEXz8UIO8OUEfkUcAaTP9OKluvDY38xe4OFfZieQAGh3ZKfRR1yMzvj99vI9NvJ49ggazkaql5o4oj9o19MHzUUsv1MbDcvecPdKAGohfcBiBNkrGzG60EsXsUUUeNvwW151Qk_f_eN9TtP-jWIurDOio4JIsPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSLlPTb-xchJSJcXvUAAAAAAA=

In my Hideout with hatred, Assassin's mark and ice golem i've arround 58k dps
5 link : melee and elemental dmg, multistrike and maim support
I don't really know how to upgrade my dps at 400k or even 200k (i think i've take all the node damage)

I want some advices to know on what spend my chaos ? 6 link ? Better weapon, have you some exemple ? Jewel ?

Cold penetration and elemental focus aren't better than ruthless & maim ?
Thanks in advance.

ps : sry for my english ^^

Hi!

I see you bought the 6 link :) that would have been first choice, next I'd replace the rings, try and get about 3 forms of damage on each, then I'd look at the 2nd sword.

You will also get another good boost once you have completed the labyrinth.

The tooltip isn't very accurate as it doesn't include penetration etc. Mine in hideout with hatred and ice golem is showing 227k. By the time I have charges, potions and everything maxed my char is doing over 2m dps.

Elemental focus gives a lot more damage but means we cant freeze or chill. Unfortunately it is a blue gem otherwise I would keep one to swap in and out for fights like the guardians etc.
Cold pen is not quite as good as maim for damage

For a jewel I look for life and preferably 2 forms of crit multiplier. Otherwise life, crit multiplier and either resists or some other damage.

GL!

Last edited by WildWombat on Sep 18, 2017, 9:08:03 PM
Do the freeze ailment increased the dps ? or it's just to have more survival ?
The difference between the damage effective because of freezing isn't lowest than elemental focus ?

If i try to theorycraft this in path of building, the amount of dmg is a far better with elemental focus and cold penetration (especially on the boss) but i don't know if this calc take freezing into consideration.

Plus how do you active you 2nd jewel ? In your tree there isn't 40 dext around the radius of your jewel

Thanks a lot for your reply :)
Last edited by Bookuwa on Sep 19, 2017, 4:42:05 AM
"
Bookuwa wrote:
Do the freeze ailment increased the dps ? or it's just to have more survival ?
The difference between the damage effective because of freezing isn't lowest than elemental focus ?

If i try to theorycraft this in path of building, the amount of dmg is a far better with elemental focus and cold penetration (especially on the boss) but i don't know if this calc take freezing into consideration.

Plus how do you active you 2nd jewel ? In your tree there isn't 40 dext around the radius of your jewel

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

Ele focus means FB won't cause any ailments so no more chill or freeze.
Freeze doesn't increase damage, it's usefull if you use HoI to shatter ennemies, or for mapping.
Ok, i think i'll test to swap main with cold penetration and see.

But i wonder how do you enable the bonus of you 2nd jewel, or maybe your just want only cold damage ?
Last edited by Bookuwa on Sep 19, 2017, 10:59:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info