[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

This is what I have managed to scavenge so far:

Finally did uber lab, wasn`t easy, still need to level up and improve my gear.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
ericchongws wrote:
Should I replace the onslaught flask with Vinktar (added spell) or should I stick with the recommended flasks? And why would you prioritize Lightning pen over elemental focus? The tooltip shows lower damage.

Both Vinktar and Silver flasks are recommended, so I don't get that question. Best Vinktar would be a lightning pen followed by lightning damage to attacks.. Lightning damage to spells is useless (Spectral Throw is an attack), conversion has a tiny positive effect.

The tooltip cannot reflect the effect of lightning penetration because it needs to assume a fixed enemy resist value (I suppose 0%). The actual benefit of the gem is dependant on the actual lightning resist of the enemy. To give a very, very, very simple example: Assuming your enemy has 20% resist, you deal 80% of your tooltip damage to that enemy. Now if you penetrate 20% resist, the enemy's resist becomes 0% and you deal 100% of your tooltip damage. That is a 25% damage increase (from 80 to 100).

What I meant was is it better to use BOTH pen vinktar and added (attack) vinktar? Even though the leech does not stack, but we'll get both pen and added lightning damage. An example would be, Atziri | Vinktar (pen) | Vinktar (added attack) | Wise Oak | Mana flask with bleeding

[Edit] Also, can you make a mini guide on which piece of equipment should be focused on first, I'm kind of stuck not knowing which to prioritize first. Or which gem to quality.
Last edited by ericchongws on Jun 9, 2017, 12:44:47 PM
Wonderful build, thank for posting the very detailed guideline. But can you suggest me a upgraded gear with ~ 50ex - 100ex budget. Thank so much.
Wonderful build, thank for posting the very detailed guideline. But can you suggest me a upgraded gear with ~ 50ex - 100ex budget. Thank so much.

Last edited by hikaru259 on Jun 9, 2017, 4:20:15 AM
some one can view my profile and tell me how i can up my dps??
How would you run this when 3.0 drops? I mean the claws wont be available until late in the game and from what I understand that is where most of the damage is.
Hey guys, sorry I was pretty busy last week playing the 1w race :D
Will push the ladder (to 100 again) in the upcoming 2w mayhem race aswell.

"
OrLive wrote:

How would you run this when 3.0 drops? I mean the claws wont be available until late in the game and from what I understand that is where most of the damage is.

Hey OrLive, Breach will probably be available through the map device.
This means in new leagues you will have to wait until some people sell the claws, or you try to farm them by yourself of course.
You could just level with something else then.

Anyway I will update the whole guide when the patchnotes for 3.0 are out :)
Regarding Guardians and Shaper:

How viable is Blade Flurry over ST? At this point I can kill t15 bosses without swapping GMP out and compared to that fighting a real boss with a single projectile while dodging shit is quite annoying.

Would the -supposedly- higher damage output of BF enable facetanking earlier (gearlevel-wise)?

Gem swapping would be no problem for me: ST and GMP into BF and FA. I wonder about projectile nodes though.

edit: Turned out I don't like it. I didn't see much of a dps increase and the loss of range was quite annoying too.

Now I need to somehow improve my dps so the Shaper fight doesn't last forever... ;)
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jul 2, 2017, 5:49:09 AM
What do you think about the new bandit rewards in 3.0. Help Kraityn I guess?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info