[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

Hey Aixx, I just tried a t16 for the first time. Needless to say I didn't loot in the end. Would you mind having a look at my char to identify the weakest links of my gear and suggesting a path of upgrades that I need?

Thanks.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Hey Aixx, I just tried a t16 for the first time. Needless to say I didn't loot in the end. Would you mind having a look at my char to identify the weakest links of my gear and suggesting a path of upgrades that I need?

Thanks.

Your gems are low lvl,you dont have astramentis what is huge boost for your int and overall your damage boost,What is your overall inteligence.ur gear would want maiby es upgrade :)i think u would wanna be atleast 1300+ on inteligence atleast .guardians shaper should be a joke whit good gear if i am not mistaken?
"
Maestery wrote:

Your gems are low lvl,you dont have astramentis what is huge boost for your int and overall your damage boost,What is your overall inteligence.ur gear would want maiby es upgrade :)i think u would wanna be atleast 1300+ on inteligence atleast .guardians shaper should be a joke whit good gear if i am not mistaken?

Hey thanks. Yes, I just reached 20 with those gems and traded them for quality ones. My Int is at 1.232 and I'm at 8.975 ES.

Maybe I should sim Astramentis vs my current amulet in PoB. I'm wondering if that's the biggest upgrade I can get for that amount of currency though.
"
Maestery wrote:
this build only gets 2 open jewel slots? Deem i got so nice howa jewels whit high int and 3 damage nodes. How much accuracy i must have on gear total? i have some pretty awesome rings 1 near 100 ex and other 20 or so and i dont wanna change them there isnt acc and gloves are allso mirror tier whitout acc.
#
Hey Maestery, my tree only has 2 jewel sockets (for rares) yeah, of course you can take more sockets if you really want to wear your jewels. Just respec things like Primal Spirit :)

"
N3L wrote:
Hi Aixx!
Began to play your build, 82 lvl.
Faced the problem of mana...
Do you really need to use a mana flask when you use Spectral Throw?
I watched your videos and your mana had time to make up for it

Hey N3L, you dont need a mana flask to sustain your mana in normal maps.
Iam using a mana flask "of staunching" because you can have so many charges with a mana flask.
Thats nice against bosses like the Uber Atziri boss 2 since you can always remove the bleed on you instantly.
Also its nice in maps without mana regeneration ;)

"
MBLV wrote:
Also had massive mana issues, so I just socketed a mana leech gem in tabula, not a big fan of mana flasks, worked well, after I substituted it for a passive, will see how it goes further, atm only lvl 74 ish, and breaches are a pain to deal with.

Hey MBLV, your mana leech should be fine if you have the mana leech node in the duelist area and have enough damage. With HoWA and like 500 Int you already will deal enough damage to just leech your mana back.
PS: maybe your chance to hit is low? Of course you cant leech if you dont hit the enemy :p - 300 accuracy is enough (88-90% chance to hit).

"
Solmyr77 wrote:

Thanks.

Hey Solmyr77, a better body armour would be the best upgrade. 700 ES isnt too high and faster attacks will boost your damage by a lot (6link).
You should also try out an astramentis, that will give you atleast 8% attack speed (100 dex : 25 x 2) and more Int (=more ES)

Last edited by Aixx on Jun 6, 2017, 7:59:12 PM
"
Aixx wrote:

Hey Solmyr77, a better body armour would be the best upgrade. 700 ES isnt too high and faster attacks will boost your damage by a lot (6link).
You should also try out an astramentis, that will give you atleast 8% attack speed (100 dex : 25 x 2) and more Int (=more ES)

Thanks, so I'm looking at a ~ 4 ex investment for a 6L 700+ chest with some Int? Or should I not bother with that and get something even better (and more expensive)?

Suppose I should just sim potential chests from poe.trade. Anything I should know about that? Or can I just "create" a new item and plug in its stats?
"
Aixx wrote:

"
N3L wrote:
Hi Aixx!
Began to play your build, 82 lvl.
Faced the problem of mana...
Do you really need to use a mana flask when you use Spectral Throw?
I watched your videos and your mana had time to make up for it

Hey N3L, you dont need a mana flask to sustain your mana in normal maps.
Iam using a mana flask "of staunching" because you can have so many charges with a mana flask.
Thats nice against bosses like the Uber Atziri boss 2 since you can always remove the bleed on you instantly.
Also its nice in maps without mana regeneration ;)

I have low mana regeneration or mana leach, because after a some uses Spectral Throw my mana ends and I use flask mana. The problem in this. Check my character please, may be problem in items or tree.
"
N3L wrote:
I have low mana regeneration or mana leach, because after a some uses Spectral Throw my mana ends and I use flask mana. The problem in this. Check my character please, may be problem in items or tree.

You have no mana leech because you forgot the 0.4 % life and mana leech node left of Vitality Void. With 0.0% leech you obviously lack mana.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
"
N3L wrote:

You have no mana leech because you forgot the 0.4 % life and mana leech node left of Vitality Void. With 0.0% leech you obviously lack mana.

Oh, many thanks :)
Should I replace the onslaught flask with Vinktar (added spell) or should I stick with the recommended flasks? And why would you prioritize Lightning pen over elemental focus? The tooltip shows lower damage.
Last edited by ericchongws on Jun 8, 2017, 5:46:59 AM
"
ericchongws wrote:
Should I replace the onslaught flask with Vinktar (added spell) or should I stick with the recommended flasks? And why would you prioritize Lightning pen over elemental focus? The tooltip shows lower damage.

Both Vinktar and Silver flasks are recommended, so I don't get that question. Best Vinktar would be a lightning pen followed by lightning damage to attacks.. Lightning damage to spells is useless (Spectral Throw is an attack), conversion has a tiny positive effect.

The tooltip cannot reflect the effect of lightning penetration because it needs to assume a fixed enemy resist value (I suppose 0%). The actual benefit of the gem is dependant on the actual lightning resist of the enemy. To give a very, very, very simple example: Assuming your enemy has 20% resist, you deal 80% of your tooltip damage to that enemy. Now if you penetrate 20% resist, the enemy's resist becomes 0% and you deal 100% of your tooltip damage. That is a 25% damage increase (from 80 to 100).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info