[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

"
luosrevo wrote:
heyyy quick question where do you get the mana leech from?

Hey luosrevo, there is a 0,4% mana leech point in the duelist area :)

"
DasName wrote:
Well i guess it's preference but is no t12 realy better than let's say Ashend Wood or Vault (->Gorge)?
Other than that nice guide well let's see how this will work out ;) .

Hey DasName, if you want to run strand all the time it definetely makes sense to have no t12 map.
If you like Gorge, shaped ashen wood or something else more feel free to get them :D

"
Austy wrote:
i noticed you updated your shaped map guide with currency vs leveling paths. i probably want to go the currency route, but what would you personally recommend? i do enjoy the layouts of the leveling path, and these would still provide a decent amount of currency or no?

Hey Austy, I recommend to follow the leveling path. You only need to alch your shaped strand maps and already can sustain strand maps by running strand :)
That also means its very profitable currency wise, especially if you add breach leaguestones.

"
ShowNoM3rcy wrote:

Hey i wanna to say something for Aixx; i contact him directly on game and he always listen and said something important for me. You are very kind mate. I wanted everyone to know. Keep going like that mate. Thanks for everything =))

thank you :)

Last edited by Aixx on May 2, 2017, 5:34:23 PM
A big thanks again to Aixx for the guide and support in this forum. And also the other guys who answered my questions - its really unusual to see a thread with such a helpful and positive vibe.

For the first since starting several months ago I actually feel OP .. and I can tell you that is not something I experience very often! No doubt it's a normal day at the office for high end players - but being able to clear rare T9 maps at level 74 without dying is super cool for me :-) Plus with my ES at 6.3K (with discipline active) there's still plenty of upside with gear upgrades, only my chest slot is really decent based on my budget. Looking forward to seeing what the next 20 levels brings :-)

PS: One last question (promise lol), which is better in a ST 6L, Elemental Weakness (EW) or Elemental Focus (EF) (assuming both are same quality level)? This is just to ensure I understand the advice from Oerisch (thank you!) above.

I am currently running with Elemental Focus in my 6L, and I have a second 4L ST with GMP, Cast on Hit and Conductivity. This setup works well, but adds an extra 'shot'for cursing mobs before hitting them with the main dps from 6L ST. Whilst the extra shot to spread curse isnt a major time impost, considering that most groups die in one to two shots of 6L anyway I wonder if its really just overkill having the 4L curse, except for maybe bosses? So yeah, swapping in EW to replace EF will completely remove the need for conductivity and an extra shot?

Cheers all :-)

PS: I tried to set my characters to public view, not sure if it worked lol
Last edited by britan on May 3, 2017, 6:27:28 AM
"
Belchonok wrote:
"
Just rerolled into this build, and boy this thing is op, the only thing I really don't like atm is low res (since I got bunch of uniques that don't give res), need to cap them somehow.

Rings, belt, gloves, boots, body armour :D

lul,i just found my sister!:D

"
ClickHitBoom wrote:
"
Just rerolled into this build, and boy this thing is op, the only thing I really don't like atm is low res (since I got bunch of uniques that don't give res), need to cap them somehow.

Your best bet is probably for 2 points in the tree you could get +15% to all res (cloth and chain) on the south of the tree. Either that or go for less damage and replace your opal ring with a two-stone/prismatic.

Ye, ill get lvl 92,for jewel socket and get some res on in, also trying to craft crystal belt with res/int/wed, but thx for help )

Killed Chimera with gmp,was easiest Chimera of my life (with point blank map mod), and i'm really curious about pb for boss farm.
Last edited by AphexWoot on May 3, 2017, 11:57:51 AM
Thank you britan :)
And your character profile still is private.
Hello. I've been following this build for my howa to the letter, but I seem to have hit a snag of sorts regarding my passive allocation. In your poeplanner tree, it mentions you have allocated 118/123 points at level 95. That means 108 points at level 85 right? Well, I'm 85 at the moment, but I find myself having only 106 points, after completing all the quests that give points, according to /passives command. I just want to ask, is the tree considering that you're killed all bandits in poeplanner? Because it just doesn't add up otherwise.
I am palying howa myself and recently someone told me that the final goal for howa builds would be to use shapers touch as gloves for all that sweet accuracy. If you can still cap resits. I am still not convinced so whats you opinion on that?
"
MSharingan22 wrote:
Hello. I've been following this build for my howa to the letter, but I seem to have hit a snag of sorts regarding my passive allocation. In your poeplanner tree, it mentions you have allocated 118/123 points at level 95. That means 108 points at level 85 right? Well, I'm 85 at the moment, but I find myself having only 106 points, after completing all the quests that give points, according to /passives command. I just want to ask, is the tree considering that you're killed all bandits in poeplanner? Because it just doesn't add up otherwise.

Hey MSharingan22, 123 skillpoints are all you can possibly get. I helped kraitly on every difficulty so my endgame tree actually only has 118/120 points allocated.

"
LePollo wrote:
I am palying howa myself and recently someone told me that the final goal for howa builds would be to use shapers touch as gloves for all that sweet accuracy. If you can still cap resits. I am still not convinced so whats you opinion on that?

Hey LePollo, well I tested it again and its not really worth it.
You will get like +6% chance to hit but still lose dps (if your rare gloves had attack speed and int). You will get +100 to 200 ES using shapers touch (which you dont really need) depending on your Int.
Last edited by Aixx on May 3, 2017, 5:17:39 PM
"
Aixx wrote:
Thank you britan :)
And your character profile still is private.

OK I tried again, hopefully now they are showing :-)

Also I did have one more question ...

In a 6L ST setup, which do you recommend - Elemental Weakness or Elemental Focus?

I am currently running with Elemental Focus in my 6L, and I am cursing with conductivity via a second 4L ST (with GMP & Cast on Hit). Whilst the extra shot doesnt slow me down overly,considering that most groups die in one or at most two hits anyway I wonder if its really just overkill having the 4L curse attack, on top of my main 6L attack (except perhaps for bosses)?

And if I do swap in EW to replace EF (in my 6L) conductivity will be superfluous anyway ... thus reducing clear times by one shot. What do you think?

Cheers :-)

Last edited by britan on May 4, 2017, 9:04:55 AM
@britan, you can find my whole gem-setup in my "Gems" section.
Use Elemental Focus as your 6th gem ;)
Can you make a tree for blade flurry?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info