The Son of God:

" If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.

That is why the world hates you.

Remember what I told you:
' A servant is not greater than his master. '

If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

They will treat you this way because of my name,
for they do not know the one who sent me.
"

- John 15:18-21 [NIV]

This entire thread is proof of Jesus' words.

Gaming communities in general are atheist or agnostic at best, and downright satanic at worst. That's a given us Christians deal with all the time, and you know what, we're ok with that. Well, at least those who truly are Christian do. In fact, we're commanded to go out into the world, among pagans, and spread His message of peace and love. We know many don't believe in God at all, and others mock even the idea of Him. For Christians, we're not the ones responsible for "converting" people, we're the ones bringing the message, and whether or not others want to listen is not our real concern. Every human on Earth has free will to make that choice for themselves.

On a personal note, I was agnostic until 28. I even mocked the idea of Jesus back then. Was proud of my agnostic beliefs, and even dabbled in Taoism philosophies. These days, I'm so thankful for my faith and being rescued by God. For those who don't believe, you'll never understand, and that's ok. But if you were ever curious about God, or even just my own personal conversion, feel free to PM me.

Feel free to debate my words, take a jab at my post, etc., but I won't argue with you on this thread. :-) Everyone has their own beliefs, or lack of them.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.

If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

"

Gaming communities in general are atheist or agnostic at best, and downright satanic at worst. That's a given us Christians deal with all the time, and you know what, we're ok with that. Well, at least those who truly are Christian do. In fact, we're commanded to go out into the world, among pagans, and spread His message of peace and love. We know many don't believe in God at all, and others mock even the idea of Him. For Christians, we're not the ones responsible for "converting" people, we're the ones bringing the message, and whether or not others want to listen is not our real concern. Every human on Earth has free will to make that choice for themselves.

On a personal note, I was agnostic until 28. I even mocked the idea of Jesus back then. Was proud of my agnostic beliefs, and even dabbled in Taoism philosophies. These days, I'm so thankful for my faith and being rescued by God. For those who don't believe, you'll never understand, and that's ok. But if you were ever curious about God, or even just my own personal conversion, feel free to PM me.

Feel free to debate my words, take a jab at my post, etc., but I won't argue with you on this thread. :-) Everyone has their own beliefs, or lack of them.

Thank you for testifying here, cipher :)

It's people like you that give me hope and the will to continue spreading the message to others.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 20, 2017, 3:11:16 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
In fact, we're commanded to go out into the world, among pagans, and spread His message of peace and love.

"
cipher_nemo wrote:

You know I wasn't going to comment on this till I read the part at the end; but that's just too good. I prefer the second part of that contradiction if we're keeping score at home.
Bacon is the one true son of god.

Religion is a practice, so i never understood the notion of speaking about it. It's like watching a soccer game i never got that either.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I assume by religion is a practice you mean to imply the word 'personal' in front of it? Because it's quite true - unless you have a doctrinal mandate to evangelize.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Wont comment or anything as I dont have interest in discussing much in this thread.

But I have a question if its not too personal to answer here.

What was your turning point? What made you turn 180° and change your former beliefs?
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 21, 2017, 5:19:31 AM
"
kuukkeli wrote:

Could you please explain why I should worship a being that has created billions of people only to send them to everlasting torment in a lake of fire? Omniscient creator is responsible for all the choices his creations do so each and every man god sent to hell never had any chance to avoid that fate. If I believed in your god I'd be at war with him.

You will have to find a follower of John Calvin to answer this question; since Catholics, Orthodox Christians and most protestants do not subscribe to this type of belief about God.
"
kuukkeli wrote:
If I believed in your god I'd be at war with him.

That's like if a single ant were to say "I'm at war with the universe", only probably more absurd than even that analogy.
"
Kamchatka wrote:
"
kuukkeli wrote:

Could you please explain why I should worship a being that has created billions of people only to send them to everlasting torment in a lake of fire? Omniscient creator is responsible for all the choices his creations do so each and every man god sent to hell never had any chance to avoid that fate. If I believed in your god I'd be at war with him.

You will have to find a follower of John Calvin to answer this question; since Catholics, Orthodox Christians and most protestants do not subscribe to this type of belief about God.

So the christians you mentioned don't believe that 1) god is omniscient and 2) god created the existence form nothingness? Or do you just mean that these sects have cherry picked the bible enough and practiced enough intellectual dishonesty to sweep the problems under the carpet?

"
Darkfyre wrote:
That's like if a single ant were to say "I'm at war with the universe", only probably more absurd than even that analogy.

1: Universe isn't conscious being, your god is.
2: Oppressor being more powerful doesn't make oppression any more acceptable.

But anyways, try to enjoy this life; it's most likely the only one you have. I'm done arguing in this thread.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

"

This is well articulated. ++++.

"
Darkfyre wrote:
Hey, if you're looking to me to prove to you that God exists, then sorry but you're going to be disappointed. Not my job. My job is simply to provide you with the information, with what I know and with what will best influence you to investigate the matter for yourself. Remember free will? In the end you make the final decision. As Christians it's our job to ensure that you have all the information you need to make an informed one, and if possible to help influence you to make the right one. Whether you accept that, or what you do with that information is up to you. Only God can work in the heart of a person to affect true change.

Yup.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info