[3.0] Berserker BLS Shaper Farmer on a Budget - Millions of BALLS, DPS and INFO Inside! - VP, RT, US

"
Deadbringer wrote:
so thanks for the builds again. Ill try/test some shit around. Like using lifeleech for casual lvling and dropping inc aoe or something else. Volatile scares the fuck outta me,havent really started mapping but i can already tell i hate em :). Another thing we could do is drop haste for blasphemy/warlord mark. Giving us end charge/more imm call duration and obviously the PERM leech. Throw in vhaste for boss. Or vgrace for safety.

I mean this wouldnt be optimal for dps obviously but do we really need 550k dps per proj on hardcore? I run 40k frostbolt and just did fine up until t14.

I wouldn't go overboard on leech. You get 1% perma leech and 2% near-perma from normal lab, and very high uptime with 100% leech from cruel. Just be slightly careful with ele reflect mobs and stay away from volatiles unless you're sure they won't oneshot you.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
You may be right about the leech. just hit 79. dps seems pretty badass but i had a couple of OMGZOR moment . specially with corrupt (ran out flasks) .

Met a random boss in a random breach that nearly one shot me. xoph most likely. with 80% extra dmg and other mod. think i got lucky.

Pushing this thing further. i have not spec the second inertia jewel yet(missing skill pts cause i waste some on INT node x2).

Fix my resist problem by getting whole new set. still not optimal but more optimal :). 50k tooltip dps with HoA/Anger.
passive tree,not sure what i will do with the next 10sp. anti stun and more life or jew slot maybe?
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcAecEsw-rFCAUTRR1FSAWvxbpGJEZihm0GjghkCKvJDckiySdJpUnLyo4LOktgzWSNug4UzrYOuE8LT38RmlHfk3jUEdVS1hjWK9Z81uvXz9f0GHiYlplTWebbztyqXXLdqx253fjeA15aHzZgpuDX4TFhNmGYIw2jM-QVZcGmFebtaIApMKmV6lurKquPrXyvJ-9Nr6nvwjAGsBmwQTDOsQVxKLE9sauxtjPftN-2L3dDd-Y4XPkUeoQ6hjqYuw47SDvDu968B_yRfZI9qP3Mvhf_Ev-Cv6P?accountName=Deadbringer&characterName=Deeeeppz

edit: sadly cant equip the second inertia jewel. I will be missing dex to actually runs haste/faster attacks.

edit2: Not sure if your still fooling around with the build but, would be great to see more vids of it in action. Specially vs breachlords esh,xoph,tul,uul nethol. Im curious what to expect.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Apr 21, 2017, 5:45:47 PM
"
Deadbringer wrote:

passive tree,not sure what i will do with the next 10sp. anti stun and more life or jew slot maybe?
edit: sadly cant equip the second inertia jewel. I will be missing dex to actually runs haste/faster attacks.

Take a +30 dex node or two if you need.

You're right by a bunch of juicy nodes on the tree: Beef, 3 jewel sockets, Berserking, Path of the Warrior, etc.

If you start noticing stun problems, either get a Kiara's Determination or take Unwavering Stance.

"
Deadbringer wrote:

edit2: Not sure if your still fooling around with the build but, would be great to see more vids of it in action. Specially vs breachlords esh,xoph,tul,uul nethol. Im curious what to expect.

For the breachlord bosses, the biggest thing is to be hyper aggressive. Make sure you're always on top of them so you can leech through any damage they deal out. Definitely need an anti-freeze flask or two for the cold boss, but you should always have one anyway (and an anti-bleed).

We'll see how things go. There's a good chance I'll be doing some crazy rippy stuff this weekend with some guildmates. Could be fun to watch if it works out well.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
I don't have enough splinters for Uul-Netol right now, so I did a solo Tul run. You can see it was pretty easy. I was able to just facetank all the ele reflect mobs in there since their life pools weren't boosted as in a multi-person party. Video is in the main post.

I also added a video of a full Shaper run using dual brightbeaks instead of BLS. 1/4 the DPS but technically still viable. Pretty far from deathless, but all deaths were my fault and were avoidable.
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Apr 22, 2017, 12:39:32 PM
The info in this build is mind boggling, never seen so much attention to detail. Mind blown.
Lots of food for thoughts here.
IGN SuperGaco
More Thoughts about EO vs. Isolated Bosses

Nearly all the BLS molten strike builds I see use EO because people see BLS' 8.44% local crit chance and see the 40% more multiplier that EO gives and think "I can get 40% more damage and have no trouble sustaining EO." Based on every tree I've analyzed though, people are only actually getting 5-10% more DPS from EO, but that's only after they proc EO. With RT, I can kill Shaper faster than a better-geared EO build can even get EO to proc the first time (on average).

Aside: Before I dive any deeper, if all you care about is map clearing, then EO is a small net DPS boost because it should be trivial to sustain EO. But, the DPS improvement is quite small and EO adds a lot of pressure on the passive tree and resistances. People end up sacrificing DPS on gear, attack speed, and/or life trying to make it work.

Aside 2: if anyone has evidence that any of this analysis is wrong, please let me know. I'd love for EO to be better, but no matter how hard I try, when I make a fair comparison, it always ends up being nearly the same as RT while being harder on gearing and less reliable than RT.

Opportunity Cost

The first reason that you don't get anywhere near the full 40% DPS multiplier from EO in practice is that it costs a lot of passive points to get it: 7 for EO itself, and 2 to 7 to stack enough %acc on the tree to not destroy your DPS due to not actually hitting anything. That's a lot of points that could go toward attack speed between the duelist and scion, the arsonist cluster, forces of nature, fury bolts, ranger projectile damage, etc. or just to life.

Additionally, you'll need to sacrifice a suffix slot on 2-3 pieces of gear to get 500-1000 total accuracy on your gear, making it harder to find DPS gear that still covers res on your gear, or you'll have to waste very valuable jewel mods to cap res. 500 total flat accuracy is t2 acc on 2 pieces. 1000 is low-roll t1 acc on 3 pieces.

Ramp Up Time

The second reason is a bit more subtle and doesn't show up in the tooltip or Path of Building. Proccing EO actually takes a substantial amount of time on a fresh boss. In fact, I can kill Shaper with RT faster than the average time it takes to proc EO for the first time against him.

The key reason for this comes from the following fact:

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Crit is rolled once for the entire Skill use, including repeats, projectiles, chains, everything. This roll is checked against the Crit threshold for each individual Hit. If the threshold check passes, a second Chance to Hit roll is made to 'confirm' the Crit.

Note: based on PvP experiments, the extra confirmation accuracy roll appears to be made once per skill use as well, not once per hit that succeeds the first accuracy and crit checks.

So let's walk through the numbers and see how long on average it will take us to crit on a fresh boss.
  • Without multistrike, my attack time is 0.26s on Molten Strike.
  • Level 20 multistrike grants 94% more attack speed, bringing the attack time down to 0.14s.
  • Additionally, multistrike triggers two extra repeats every time I use the Molten Strike skill. This means I get one independent crit roll every 0.14s*3=0.42s.
  • It takes 13.2 hits on average to get a crit on an isolated boss that's not stacking evasion.
    • Let's assume we have a perfect BLS (8.44% crit chance).
    • Let's assume we've invested heavily in the build and stacked enough accuracy to get 90% chance to hit. This requires 2 points on tree + 1000 accuracy on gear, or 7 points on the tree + 500 accuracy on gear.
    • This means the effective chance to crit is 90% * 8.44% * 90% = 6.8%
    • 1/6.8% = it takes on average 14.6 hits to get a crit.

• This means it will take .42 * 14.6 = 6.1s on average to get EO working.
  • With RT it only takes me 4s to take Shaper from 100% to 50% health, ending the phase.

What about Crit Chance, Diamond Rings, Diamond Flasks, etc.?

As EO, you can improve this situation by grabbing some crit chance on the tree, diamond rings and/or using a diamond flask. Note that this will make it harder to find gear to cap your resistances and you won't be able to use opal rings. Spoiler: EO still loses, but it's a little more complicated.

With 60% extra crit chance from 2 diamond rings + Eagle Eye on the tree, this puts the base crit chance at 8.44% * (1+.08+.08+.16+.6) = 16.2%.

Assuming a diamond flask adds an extra crit and second accuracy check per skill use, this means our effective chance to crit will be 1-(1-.162*.9*.9)^2 = 24.5%. This means only 1/24.5% = 4.1 hits to crit. This in turn means 0.42 * 4.1 = 1.7s to proc EO on average. Now it's getting interesting.

Suppose it takes my RT build 4 seconds to burn through one Shaper phase, that's 0.25 shaper phases / sec. A typical EO build will have 5% more dps than RT when EO is up, meaning it'll do 0.25 * 1.05 = 0.2625 sp/s of damage. When EO is down, it will only have 0.2625/1.4=0.1875 sp/s. If it spends 1.7s with EO down, then it will do 0.1875*1.7 = 0.32 sp in that 1.7s. Once EO is up, it needs to do the remaining 1-0.32 = 0.68 sp of damage. This will take 0.68 / 0.2625 = 2.59s more. 1.7+2.59 = 4.3s to do burn through one shaper phase on average with EO, rather than 4s with RT.

Because we do so much damage with BLS, we can't take advantage of the small extra DPS boost we'd get from dropping RT and going EO. EO takes too long to start up on boss fights. This is also ignoring the fact that EO puts a lot of extra pressure on the tree and gear to make it comparable to RT.
Probably a dumb question, I checked you char and also the PoB import, and can't for the life of me figure out why you dont have 2nd wildfire below Berserking and have it up to the left? I am only seeing it hit 2 x +10str nodes(only +20 not +40 to activate the bonuses)? You are just using for the %fire dmg? Is there a cap on projectiles? I just started following/playing this today and only made it to 51 so I dont have dying sun or the helm enchant. Currently I put it under berserking and the tool tip adds 2 projectiles.
It looks like you've put a lot of thought into your build, I like that. I've also been playing BLS, and enjoying it. Have you considered running EK instead of Firestorm in your CWDT setup? I suppose Firestorm coverage is superior, but I don't like that it's a spell, doesn't seem to synergize as well as it could. Also, have you considered adding Vengeance to your setup? Hard to fit in, but at least worth consideration. Vaal Haste is okay, not as good after the nerf. I recommend Vaal Lightning Trap as an alternative for bosses. Although the Shaper and Atziri are both immune, it does work on the guardians. I also find Vaal Cyclone fun to use in breaches, especially since it synergizes well with Berserker leech & VP.
Last edited by snuze on Apr 25, 2017, 1:41:16 PM
"
epidx85 wrote:
Probably a dumb question, I checked you char and also the PoB import, and can't for the life of me figure out why you dont have 2nd wildfire below Berserking and have it up to the left? I am only seeing it hit 2 x +10str nodes(only +20 not +40 to activate the bonuses)? You are just using for the %fire dmg? Is there a cap on projectiles? I just started following/playing this today and only made it to 51 so I dont have dying sun or the helm enchant. Currently I put it under berserking and the tool tip adds 2 projectiles.

It's Strenght in Radius, not allocated. Works fine there :D
"

What should I upgrade first? I'm having trouble with some bosses (couldn't kill trio in uber atziri), albeit I'm lowish level atm (86) and have about 7k hp.

My topaz ring is kinda bad, but I need the stats for now and I'm using a big dex and int node already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info