Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.0] Berserker BLS Shaper Farmer on a Budget - Millions of BALLS, DPS and INFO Inside! - VP, RT, US

"
This is from a private email conversation where I did some quick theory crafting. This is for level 100. For level 90, drop either the crit nodes or the 3-point jewel sockets by Lava Lash and Point Blank. If you need just 1 to 3 points, drop one of the 10% nodes from the Catalyse cluster, Path of the Warrior, Beef, and/or one life node from the scion brick.

Note that EO only gives 4-8% more DPS relative to going crit (with low investment), and only gives that bonus when EO is running. It is substantially worse than any other option when EO is down. If you want to kill isolated bosses reliably and quickly, don't use EO. If you only care about map clearspeed, then EO is slightly better than the other options.

I redid some theorycrafting and here's what I get. These could almost certainly all be improved. All the numbers I give here are what PoB shows. To get real DPS, you'll need to use the molten strike dps calculator I posted on reddit an the forum in 2.6. Note that in the lyco setups below, I modified my dual wield jewels to be shield jewels to make the comparisons fair.

https://pastebin.com/p65PLGef : 609k/ball vs shaper, 7126 life, 22% crit chance, 235 multi, 11.03 aps
https://pastebin.com/SXkvc0ai : 661k/ball when EO is up but only 472k when EO is down
(can't just unspec EO because you also need to force multi to be 100% instead of the default 150%), 7143 life, 12.18% crit chance, 11.03 aps.
https://pastebin.com/YGbM7DwC : 639k/ball when EO is up but only 456k when EO is down (can't just unspec EO because you also need to force multi to be 100% instead of the default 150%), 7396 life, 12.18% crit chance, 11.03 aps. Could drop some life to pick up Assassination to boost the crit chance to 16.38%
https://pastebin.com/hayJFPBs : 542k/ball RT style but with Lyco, 7396 life, 12.18% crit chance, 150% multi, 11.03 aps
https://pastebin.com/xyhAHSfS : 593k/ball dual wield, 7239 life, RT, 12.14 aps

I'm currently this with EO/lyco, while your calculation is 100% correct, i also noticed that during boss fight EO almost up all the time due to how fast we hit, while it did come off rather frequently when mapping, i doubt anyone can see the difference. havent down high level yet, but lv68 already facemelt UberIzaro/Argus, using red map lving. This build is still CRAZY!!!! THX A LOT
"

I'm currently this with EO/lyco, while your calculation is 100% correct, i also noticed that during boss fight EO almost up all the time due to how fast we hit, while it did come off rather frequently when mapping, i doubt anyone can see the difference. havent down high level yet, but lv68 already facemelt UberIzaro/Argus, using red map lving. This build is still CRAZY!!!! THX A LOT

Thanks for the feedback.

How long do boss fights last for you? If your damage is low relative to their life, then EO is worth it because EO will be up for most of the fight. On the other hand, if the boss dies in about 4 seconds or less (would have to do math to get the exact numbers), then it'll die faster if you respec out of EO and into pure damage or crit multi. As you level up and upgrade gear, there should be a tipping point where pure damage or crit multi will result in faster boss kills.

Note that the number of balls doesn't matter at all for sustaining EO versus an isolated boss. This is because all balls coming from a single mouse click share the same roll. If you have 12 balls per attack and are using multistrike (triggers 3 attacks per mouse click), all 36 balls (that hit) will crit or zero of them will crit. It's a bit more complicated when there are multiple mobs and even more complicated without Lycosidae (because then you have to account for evasion rolls from mobs), but all-or-nothing holds for isolated bosses with lyco.

Just to be clear, if you care more about clearspeed or all the bosses you care about have adds or mobs nearby, then EO is easily the best option. If you already have high DPS and you want to optimize for things like uber atziri, shaper, and guardians, that's where dropping EO is often advantageous.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
Thanks for the feedback.

How long do boss fights last for you? If your damage is low relative to their life, then EO is worth it because EO will be up for most of the fight. On the other hand, if the boss dies in about 4 seconds or less (would have to do math to get the exact numbers), then it'll die faster if you respec out of EO and into pure damage or crit multi. As you level up and upgrade gear, there should be a tipping point where pure damage or crit multi will result in faster boss kills.

Note that the number of balls doesn't matter at all for sustaining EO versus an isolated boss. This is because all balls coming from a single mouse click share the same roll. If you have 12 balls per attack and are using multistrike (triggers 3 attacks per mouse click), all 36 balls (that hit) will crit or zero of them will crit. It's a bit more complicated when there are multiple mobs and even more complicated without Lycosidae (because then you have to account for evasion rolls from mobs), but all-or-nothing holds for isolated bosses with lyco.

Just to be clear, if you care more about clearspeed or all the bosses you care about have adds or mobs nearby, then EO is easily the best option. If you already have high DPS and you want to optimize for things like uber atziri, shaper, and guardians, that's where dropping EO is often advantageous.

actually this is where i experience differently, EO proc consistently in Boss fight, but very non-consistent in mob; one of the reason i can think of is due to the multistrike, one click i already finish the mob and move on, and proc EO in that one click is 8.4%, but in a boss fight i estimate 1-2 sec downtime at most, so thats more or less 1:4 in the final dps calculation which result in a similar dps with crit(just on the tree, as i have non in gear), but this has to be based on a consistent hitting situation, not hit and run.

i also noticed one thing, haste + anger left too little mana for attack, in some rare occasion my character stop for half a sec, tho not a big problem in general. for the moment shield charge + culling with blasphamey works wonder for me

have to test the evade calculation you mentioned later, up to T13 its all easy fight, not sure how guardian/shaper would affect the EO proc rate.
"

actually this is where i experience differently, EO proc consistently in Boss fight, but very non-consistent in mob; one of the reason i can think of is due to the multistrike, one click i already finish the mob and move on, and proc EO in that one click is 8.4%, but in a boss fight i estimate 1-2 sec downtime at most, so thats more or less 1:4 in the final dps calculation which result in a similar dps with crit(just on the tree, as i have non in gear), but this has to be based on a consistent hitting situation, not hit and run.

i also noticed one thing, haste + anger left too little mana for attack, in some rare occasion my character stop for half a sec, tho not a big problem in general. for the moment shield charge + culling with blasphamey works wonder for me

have to test the evade calculation you mentioned later, up to T13 its all easy fight, not sure how guardian/shaper would affect the EO proc rate.

Looks like I'll have to retest things when I respec my standard toon. In 2.6 I forced myself to play EO for about a week and found it to be too inconsistent. RT simply felt a lot better in 2.6.

Do you have enlighten 3? It should fix the mana reservation problems. Also, make sure you don't have any supports linked to your auras that affect the reservation. You should have enough mana to 2 or nearly two attacks without hitting anything in a no regen map. When mapping, I usually use Herald of Ash instead of Anger. It lowers my DPS but the burn prolif improves clearspeed more than the extra DPS would. It also leaves a lot more free mana.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
Looks like I'll have to retest things when I respec my standard toon. In 2.6 I forced myself to play EO for about a week and found it to be too inconsistent. RT simply felt a lot better in 2.6.

Do you have enlighten 3? It should fix the mana reservation problems. Also, make sure you don't have any supports linked to your auras that affect the reservation. You should have enough mana to 2 or nearly two attacks without hitting anything in a no regen map. When mapping, I usually use Herald of Ash instead of Anger. It lowers my DPS but the burn prolif improves clearspeed more than the extra DPS would. It also leaves a lot more free mana.

just done guardian today, seems inconsequential now with EO or not, they died too quick, EO always up when they change stage, have to do shaper later to see whether it can ever be noticed, hp is still too low with 6300hp at 78.

another thing, CWDT + firestorm should be mandatory, nothing else works like it, save me a thousand times. mana issue only occur when you pop too quick at a pack but miss,i dont think it is a problem at standard, but sometimes i strike at those harbinger beefore they summon next wave :p

hoi + haste works really well on mob, and now we can use shield charge, it seems a buff all around no matter what you use. also leveling with st doesnt seems appealing at all with all the buff with boss hp and we can use shield charge now.

ok final feedback, lv84 and shaper down, no dying sun, and my toolstip dps is less than half of yours, this is without a doubt viable in 3.0, and nothing unethical(except you know, zerker vp). shield charge now with the high attack speed this build offer make manuvre shaper really easy for a newbie like me.

EO with shaper is not as consistent as with guardians. when you can facetank someone, its always on, more often than not, it refresh before expire, but when you hit and run, you waste the proc time, still i would put no more than 2s down time when you active facetank any boss.

Hey, I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the guide. I just finished polishing out my Molten Strike build so I thought I come a give thanks because the guide served me tremendously as a guiding tool. TY very much! The build has been hella fun to put together. I still have to kill all the Lv16 bosses so I still have some endgame challenges to do. Thanks for the guide brotato!!!

If you care to look at my build see AllMightyPotator. Any guidance, comments, or suggestions are welcomed, ty.

KB
So in general is EO worth pathing towards with 3.0 now? Using a lycosidae in my off-hand. Been trying to piece together couple BLS builds, and nothing seems consistent on what route to go. Thanks in advance!
"
Smîthy wrote:
So in general is EO worth pathing towards with 3.0 now? Using a lycosidae in my off-hand. Been trying to piece together couple BLS builds, and nothing seems consistent on what route to go. Thanks in advance!

EO is more viable in 3.0 than it was in 2.6 because we can use Lycosidae. From what I've seen so far, it still feels worse than spending those points on stacking extra crit and multi, e.g. the Galvanic Hammer cluster. I personally am using the crit+multi approach. That said, we need some more systematic testing on the uptime of EO and on boss kill times. The theory crafting numbers say EO is still worse for bossing on average, but actual testing can certainly expose flaws in the theory.

I'd have to rerun the numbers, but if you're taking 10+ seconds after the first ball hit to kill a boss without EO, then EO is likely a big boost for you. If bosses melt in a few seconds, there's a good chance that EO is actually slowing down your boss kills.

Making up numbers, if EO only cost 1-3 points, it'd be worth taking. If we had double the attack speed, EO would be the right choice. If we could have the same total ball DPS without multistrike, EO might be the right choice.

This is because we get a single crit roll per skill use. Let's assume we're using Lycosidae and our melee and projectile crit chances are the same. The melee hit, the follow-on multistrike melee hits, and all 36 balls will either crit or none of them will crit. To find the skill uses per second, divide the tooltip or pob attacks per second by 3: it counts each multistrike separately, but the crit system counts the three attacks as sharing one crit roll. This is why it's hard to sustain EO.

If you do use EO, you'll probably want to use a diamond flask. This means you'll give up either a defensive flask or a DPS flask. Be sure to account for that. An upside though is that it's easy to get at least two uses out of a diamond flask because they don't use many charges.

Ultimately, if you love EO, go ahead and use it. A lot of people do. I find it's not reliable enough for me, and I have a better actual game experience without it.
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Oct 22, 2017, 10:31:51 AM
This build, given you have some currency to sink is pretty insane! I ended up going the Galvanic Hammer route, seems to show better dps (~30k per ball/level 90) as well as not having to worry about the downtime of EO. Using the molten strike dps calculator, I am just over 5.7 million shaper dps, but "only" have 6.3k life. Might readjust points to get a little more life, since this much damage seems pretty crazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info