YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

"
eebertay wrote:

Bro, having a lot of stash tabs is a curse, it does not help.

In new leagues, i limit myself to 4-5 stash tabs and give an honest hard look to gear im hoarding, if it does not sell, i vendor

I have 50ish stash tabs, and love having them ALL usually. I have a sorting system that works pretty good. Is it overkill, yeah, but i love it. However i do not plan on getting anymore unless they are specific types of new tabs like currency and div card ones.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Agreed. I have about 100. I limit league play to the drop-down list... Think it's about 20.
Auction house would save PoE from its horrid state of trading. It doesn't have to work like D3, or any other game. It can be configured and adapted to PoE to prevent this wild and silly "sky is falling" FUD the OP and others spread. GGG can easily learn from past mistakes with other developers and create an AH that doesn't doom PoE. It is possible. It's just that GGG at this point in PoE's life doesn't want to 1.) gamble with that functionality, and 2.) waste resources to replace someone the community made that works rather well. If you want to blame anyone, blame xyz for keeping poe.trade going. Without it, GGG would be forced to continue those "trade improvements" in which they dropped the ball a while back.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I come from thousands of hours on D3, starting all the way back in the closed beta.

An Action House will absolutely help to ruin this game. This entire game is built around loot, just like almost any other arpg, and gear progression is extremely important to any sort of longevity.

Trading works now because it's difficult; both parties must be online and not afk, you have to meet up somewhere to physically trade AND you have to actually talk to them, even if it's just one whisper. Having an auction house completely negates all of those points.

An AH means you just throw all your stuff into a UI window, and then forget about it. You'll see an almost immediate inflation of prices, and a giant gap between cheap items and expensive items. This is because currently if you want to sell a page full of items for 1 alch each, you've got to give up your personal time to sell each and every one, physically, to the buyer. It's a trade off.

I watched the AH ruin the first half of D3, and it will do the same here. The entire point of farming this game, or any rpg, is for the loot. Here it's items, and currency. With an Auction house, you can do both without ever stepping into a map.

The argument that the AH can't destroy and economy that's already destroyed is a straw-man one, because the real problem with an Auction House is that you will never get a good economy back if it exists.

It would trivialize all drops except the very very top tier ones. Hell even while leveling you won't be looking at drops anymore; "Man I could use a 4L with these certain colors for thi.... oh nevermind just threw in the values in the AH and got it."

Don't do it guys, it's a lazy trap that will only hurt this game.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
I come from thousands of hours on D3, starting all the way back in the closed beta.

An Action House will absolutely help to ruin this game. This entire game is built around loot, just like almost any other arpg, and gear progression is extremely important to any sort of longevity.

Trading works now because it's difficult; both parties must be online and not afk, you have to meet up somewhere to physically trade AND you have to actually talk to them, even if it's just one whisper. Having an auction house completely negates all of those points.

An AH means you just throw all your stuff into a UI window, and then forget about it. You'll see an almost immediate inflation of prices, and a giant gap between cheap items and expensive items. This is because currently if you want to sell a page full of items for 1 alch each, you've got to give up your personal time to sell each and every one, physically, to the buyer. It's a trade off.

I watched the AH ruin the first half of D3, and it will do the same here. The entire point of farming this game, or any rpg, is for the loot. Here it's items, and currency. With an Auction house, you can do both without ever stepping into a map.

The argument that the AH can't destroy and economy that's already destroyed is a straw-man one, because the real problem with an Auction House is that you will never get a good economy back if it exists.

It would trivialize all drops except the very very top tier ones. Hell even while leveling you won't be looking at drops anymore; "Man I could use a 4L with these certain colors for thi.... oh nevermind just threw in the values in the AH and got it."

Don't do it guys, it's a lazy trap that will only hurt this game.

Sorry that you bought into all the propaganda of the AH ruining D3, when it in fact didn't, horrible game design did.

Also another note, trading is not hard persay in this game, its just annoying at times, an AH type system would only be a QOL improvement. Not to mention actually bring trading back into the game instead of it being put onto 3rd party groups.

Though i would say, if they did add an AH with offline trading, they would need to make it be for only limited time say 12 hours, or 2 days something just too keep players having to log in once in awhile to get that benefit.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
The auction house was never a problem in D3. The compulsion to use said auction house - THAT was the problem. Nobody had to use the auction house of course, but people imagined they had to. (In addition, we could never trust Blizzard not to design the game around it. They were making money off the auction house)

“All the good items are only in the auction house” – that was what players perceived, even good ones.

Regardless of how the auction house influenced D3, I believe an auction house in PoE would hurt the game:

1) The temptation to use it would be so high. I believe that is the biggest potential problem. Just a few clicks - and you have the item you want. I know I don’t want to have that Fast-Forward Option dangling in front of me.

Because it would be so much easier to use compared to the current mess, more players would use it so the economy would be flooded with all kinds of stuff. Meaning everything would be even cheaper as it is now. Because items are already very cheap. Compare having to grind for that build enabling unique you want with buying it.

People are already complaining that items have no value, hell, some have certain Unique Items excluded in their item filter because they do not want to see even those.

2) You think trading trivializes PoE? Because trading does accelerate your progress, no matter if you are as lame as I am or a more knowledgeable player. Now add an auction house and then you really have your Path of least Resistance ;-)

Edits: GGG wanted players to use trade chat and the forum for a reason. poe.trade and the like already hurt the trading GGG envisioned. If trading was effortless you might as well add a sandbox league.
Last edited by Acrylique on May 8, 2017, 5:43:08 AM
Shops would be fantastic. espicially if they linked to poe.trade like everything else does, you basically visit their hideout and go to their shop. and can buy from the vendor there. Problem solved.
"
Scroatal wrote:
Shops would be fantastic. espicially if they linked to poe.trade like everything else does, you basically visit their hideout and go to their shop. and can buy from the vendor there. Problem solved.

So what we do then is create a shop in the trade forum so poe.trade lists your items that are then sold from an ingame shop? Am i missing something?
People already whine about how useless drops are. And the easier trade gets, the more mandatory it gets. And the more mandatory trade gets, the more it will influence the game when it comes to balance. Either people refuses to see this, or they don't give a shit, because all they care about is to buy what they want, when they want. I'm too "old school" to phantom how a game like this can be fun, when all items are accessible one or two clicks away.

1) WHY should YOU be able to buy what you want, when you want?
2) As trade is THE most powerful tool in this game: WHY shouldn't it require some effort/time?

We have a very fine balance now, where most of the game is available to you if you know what you're doing and take some time - even without trade - SSF. To beat the toughest bosses, you need to take advantage of all the tools available, even trade. I'm OK with that. A very OK balance. To think that this balance will remain if they make trade even more easy than it is, is naive at best.

I'm not against trading. PoE needs trading, as a lot of players need their instant gratification, and they need o beat everything in a couple of days, even tho leagues are three months long. And I'm not even against an improvement t the current system. BUT; trade CAN be implemented in a way that would hurt/BREAK the game experience for a HUGE part of the player base.

I'm VERY glad that it's pretty obvious that GGG know this, and take their time - to find a solution that does NOT break the game for so many players.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
People already whine about how useless drops are. And the easier trade gets, the more mandatory it gets. And the more mandatory trade gets, the more it will influence the game when it comes to balance. Either people refuses to see this, or they don't give a shit, because all they care about is to buy what they want, when they want. I'm too "old school" to phantom how a game like this can be fun, when all items are accessible one or two clicks away.

Do you even realize that POE trade is a one click mechanic already? Everyone of the top ladder guys has bought his items. Nobody of them has found anything of it! This is bad and should be fixed.

I don´t understand why you are against an AH, that is nothing else than a legit ingame variation of POE trade, but glorify POE trade here.

Let´s face it, POE trade grants easy access to items. An AH makes it only accessible inside the game, so that we can get rid of third party tools that are risky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info