YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

poe.trade = AUCTION HOUSE so enjoy
AH was ahead of it time. Morons like OP dont undertand it was cancel due to regulatory issues. IRS in 100s countries. Not that it wasnt good. Everyone made money Blizz, players, Just not IRS.

Also MS demanded it for console. Look at the dates moran. Not coincidence 1 week after AH cancel Console launch.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 20, 2017, 10:07:26 PM
NO AH!

Yes, trading can be frustrating at times. Nothing is perfect, and an AH would have its own set of issues. Let people who don't like the lack of an AH continue to complain and voice their issues, while they continue to play because the game is just that good.

Diarrhea 3 showed all the things you should -not- do when creating an ARPG, one of them was the AH.

The only glaring issues I currently see with trading are price fixers scamming unaware sellers into getting ripped off, that trade functionality is out of GGG's hands and in the hands of a 3rd party - putting a significant facet of the player's experience in a third parties hands and the people using their own indexer to snipe GG rares or items they've been fixing before they show up on poe.trade. The latter two I am not certain are truly legitimate issues as anyone can run their own indexer if they want. I'd suggest GGG put out a simple easy to use indexer that anyone can download from the site here and use themselves. I have no idea why this not already available. It would take a single coder a week to whip up and refine one with a simple and clear UI that any player could make use of.

The price fixing is what it is. An AH would be much worse than the current system and susceptible to its own sort of manipulation.
Would be nice to have an insta option for trading. If not an AH then maybe atleast a C.O.D system which can work offline.
Now that we have pay to win in this game in the form of stash tabs , it's a good idea to introduce the real money auction house .
Another word on D3 and why Vanilla D3 failed: the main culprit, as has been mentioned in this thread before, was the itemization and the content scaling/pacing, not the AH.

In Vanilla D3 Legendaries were 90% useless, and rares had to be super uber rolls to be useful in higher Inferno levels - Inferno Act 2 and above were massively overscaled to the point where basically only characters decked out in 100% uber rares could deal with them, hence there was a giant chokepoint in the content that the AH got partially blamed for, when in fact the AH did nothing but reflect that circumstance, not cause it.

There is a reason why in the gigantic changes that occurred in D3 basically the entire endgame as well as itemization were changed, and it had less to do with the removal of the AH and more with severe issues in core gameplay.

POE is a totally different beast. Yes, they are both ARPGs, but POE has massive build diversity, a huge economy system through the various currencies available, and a far deeper difficulty scale. Where the AH reflected the massive issues in D3, it would reflect the strengths of POE.

At the end of the day, it is important to remember that the main difference between poe.trade and an ingame AH is simply convenience and less hassle. It is not part of good game design to place artificial barriers in the players' way, as has been argued in this thread before. Incentivize challenge and time investment, yes. Cause irritation and wasted time, no.
The problem with a real AH with instant trading isn't the RMAH horror of D3, but the horror of NO ITEM is good enough to sell, and every item is inferior to the AH. When you have millions of players trying to sell low level stuff, it gets CHEAP. You end up picking up a statstick that can crush content for an alch orb. A statstick that you couldn't find if you farmed for 10 hours.

THAT is the horror of efficient trading. It becomes this place where playing the game is useless. Once I gave in and started trading and flipping (which is easier with instant trading btw) I gave up "playing" D3 hardcore. I went from making 100,000+ gold an hour with a good drop that sells for 1mil+ every week, to making 1mil an hour and occasionally finding that noob that lists a 30+mil item for a mil or two and flipping it every week. I went from struggling in act 2 inferno, to crushing A3 and selling shit unid for more money than it would ever sell for if I id'd it while I waited for my items to flip and then buy some more. It is just silly.

An instant AH would mean that stuff like shavs will nearly never drop OR everyone that wants one will have one in a week. It means that all the good items are a thing you don't farm for, you buy. You only THINK it is that way right now. The reality of instant trading, that is user friendly is that it destroys what you identify as "useful" items. I don't want the game balanced around instant trading, I would rather play D3 -shudders- than play this game with instant trading.

Of course, all the scammers listing garbage prices and ES gear being so overpriced and OP means I am playing more console than path anyway...
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
"
The problem with a real AH with instant trading isn't the RMAH horror of D3, but the horror of NO ITEM is good enough to sell, and every item is inferior to the AH. When you have millions of players trying to sell low level stuff, it gets CHEAP. You end up picking up a statstick that can crush content for an alch orb. A statstick that you couldn't find if you farmed for 10 hours.

THAT is the horror of efficient trading. It becomes this place where playing the game is useless. Once I gave in and started trading and flipping (which is easier with instant trading btw) I gave up "playing" D3 hardcore. I went from making 100,000+ gold an hour with a good drop that sells for 1mil+ every week, to making 1mil an hour and occasionally finding that noob that lists a 30+mil item for a mil or two and flipping it every week. I went from struggling in act 2 inferno, to crushing A3 and selling shit unid for more money than it would ever sell for if I id'd it while I waited for my items to flip and then buy some more. It is just silly.

An instant AH would mean that stuff like shavs will nearly never drop OR everyone that wants one will have one in a week. It means that all the good items are a thing you don't farm for, you buy. You only THINK it is that way right now. The reality of instant trading, that is user friendly is that it destroys what you identify as "useful" items. I don't want the game balanced around instant trading, I would rather play D3 -shudders- than play this game with instant trading.

Of course, all the scammers listing garbage prices and ES gear being so overpriced and OP means I am playing more console than path anyway...

Thank you. Well written, well thought-out comment. And it is, in my eyes, 100% on point.

The sad thing is, though, that it seems like the majority of people want to be able to buy everything for almost nothing all the time. "I should be able to buy everything - when I want it". A lot of them buys everything, rushes to endgame, crushes all content and ends up whining on the forums about "easy game".

Some people refuses, don't care (or can't) see the inevitable link between trading and in-game progression/drops.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"

We already have the issue of no item is worth it to sell, and we already have very efficient trading. The only problems we do have are just frustrating when we do run into them.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Watch how miserable everyone will be during Beta without any Poe.Trade support. The tears will be delicious.

Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info