[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

"
Zindax wrote:
For some reason, I think you are under the impression that I do low damage to get my ES numbers.

Sacrificing damage for defense does not equal low damage, it just means that an endgame choice was made between extra damage nodes or extra defensive nodes. If you dropped dreamer and mind drinker and picked up attack speed for damage and clearspeed like I did back when I last played a HOWA character the loss of 1k ES wouldn't now mean your defenses were bad just that they would be higher if you made the other choice.

The type of content you do and personal preference will dictate which ratio you want between boss DPS/clearspeed/Defense its just that every choice in poe has the opportunity cost of not taking the other path

"
Zindax wrote:

Maybe we give this guy the option for regen. What do you think?

Certainly possible. I enjoy crafting builds but at the moment I'm just waiting for 3.4 patch notes. Guardian ascendency changes, passive tree changes, skill gem balances changes and new items all have potential to rework everything

Guardian and molten strike are two things I know they were/are looking at nerfing and new skills could freshen things up a bit.

The trees I have saved using skills that do not use point blank are generally zealots oath builds as the main reason why vaal pact is appealing is that you are right in that area anyway so it only costs 2 points. After the recent rework I crafted a charged dash variant of this build that on paper looked pretty good but I was thinking it might benefit more from the scions extra movement speed and I had other things I wanted to try first so I have not put that one into practice
Can you show me where you saw that the devs were planning on nerfing molten strike and guardian ascendancy?

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's curious that the devs waited so long to nerf molten strike, and now are suddenly planning on doing it. It's also curious that guardian was chosen. It has pretty much 3 builds: aurabot, LL RF, and HoWA. I'm not saying it's wrong of them to nerf it either, but if it needed to be nerfed, why was it buffed so obviously with available corruptions?
"
Zindax wrote:
Can you show me where you saw that the devs were planning on nerfing molten strike and guardian ascendancy?

I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's curious that the devs waited so long to nerf molten strike, and now are suddenly planning on doing it. It's also curious that guardian was chosen. It has pretty much 3 builds: aurabot, LL RF, and HoWA. I'm not saying it's wrong of them to nerf it either, but if it needed to be nerfed, why was it buffed so obviously with available corruptions?

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8kkmu4/molten_strike_changes/
Molten strike was on the chopping block for the 3.3 balance updates but they decided not to implement it. I said were/are because I don't know if they decided not to do it yet or decided not to do it at all. I agree with them keeping an eye on the skill, molten strike is too high above the other melee skills and deserves a nerf, other attack skills deserve a buff too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc6NuiQrlOc&feature=youtu.be&t=528

Quote from ziggy is "This combined with *new* support from the guardian and templar passive tree" which implies the guardian in particular is getting changes that improve minions

The gameplay footage from the trailer has made people think that it may include some reduced mana reserved but we cannot tell if this was from new ascendency or new passive tree nodes or new item mods

Guardian could easily go untouched but there is also a quote "Guardian play as a holy warrior who strikes down foes with lightning damage while benefiting teammates and minions" from the main page which does imply adding some ally scaling to the ascendancy as at the moment its only minion buff is some ES which doesn't get scaled on minions.

People have interpreted it in various ways but I'm just in the boat of wait and see what they decide to change before making plans. I do hope they make some changes as it would open up new possibilities and change things up
Last edited by WaffleT on Aug 15, 2018, 3:51:53 AM
Hello. Thanks for your detailed build guide. I'm planning to roll out this build in Delve. After I read the thread for a while, I got one question in mind (sorry if it was answered already).

Some people use only one Perandus Signet, the other ring is Le Heup of All. What's the point of that change? Hard to cap resists without it? I'm also curious if your damage will be reduced severely by using only one Perandus Signet instead of two.

"
Zindax wrote:
The only thing I would want to improve upon in this build (if possible) is the use of Vaal Pact.

I've toyed around with Zealot's Oath modifications to this build because it's such an elegant build and, to me, it 'feels' like there should be a way to make it work.. but I could only reach 1-2% regen without cutting deep into the damage. The real benefit would be getting to employ a Sulphur flask or adding other regen types. If I were level 99 or 100 there'd be room to get 3%/sec and some more ES/atk speed at the cost of added Lightning damage.

Otherwise, Vaal Discipline serves as a good band-aid for Kitava-like situations.

EDIT: I just found a Watcher's Eye with %ES Regen/sec while affected by Discipline. I'm kinda new to PoE so I didn't know that was a possible affix but it's the perfect solution to this issue.
Last edited by Vekkul on Aug 16, 2018, 5:56:04 PM
Maybe we can get 1% from Sanctity, 1% from Master of the Arena, 1% from Shaper, 0.3% and 0.4% next to Shaper, then the jewel node by it. And there is 6% from the Sulfur Flask. I'm sure it cuts into the dps a little. It's not quite 10%. As far as 2.5% regen from Watcher's, if you have 18% extra ES from clarity and +30 ES on hit from discipline, you are already spending a lot. If we try to add 2.5% ES regen to that, we are looking at several mirrors in standard. Obviously, there's a reason why WaffleT chose Vaal Pact. You get a decent bit for little investment, and it is still useful on double beyond stuff. To me, you only decide you want regen instead of Vaal Pact when you get a ton of ES and damage, and you already have something like:

In that case, when you are attacking, you feel like you have plenty of sustain and don't really need Vaal Pact. And then you think to yourself, "I wonder if I could have some regen instead to help in those in between phases when zipping around from one thing to another on uber elder.

I'm not trying to link the item so people go wow, look at that. But its been said that a picture can be worth a thousand words. Perhaps that pertains to an item as well, and makes it a teeny bit easier to understand the circumstance.

It doesn't mean it is worthwhile to make the change (to regen), and I doubt its for the majority of users. But its worth mentioning. Maybe there is something you guys can come up with.

There's a reason why the Brutus Lead Sprinkler build went with regen instead of Vaal Pact, and its not like it has way more regen. So, I can't be that far off.

Regarding the other question:

I only use Le Heup of All because of resists, and also because it is good. It also results in a little less effort in attack speed rare jewels. But if I was using Atziri's Mirror or Atziri's Reflection, I would go with 2 Perandus Signets. Obviously, if you want to corrupt stuff, its easier to replace a Perandus, unless its legacy. It just so happened that a very, very good Le Heup of All dropped when I was level 24.

Otherwise, I would probably have gone with a shield sooner.
Last edited by Zindax on Aug 19, 2018, 2:49:31 AM
thinking of going the guardian version of this build for deep delves, anyone got any tips/advice or comments on viability for delve?
any update skill tree ?
is the 2 additional molten strike projectile enchant a good one compared to 40% increased damage?
"
ThisIsPoobpub wrote:
any update skill tree ?

Well just a quick check up on the tree, there isnt really any changes except for the way you have to take Light of Divinity. (1 extra point spent).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info