[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Hi there, awesome guide. converted my scion to try this, however I can't figure out how I have 2k less ES then you. Here is my pastebin - https://pastebin.com/Unk8TwSM
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
carizcoiso wrote:
Think I will try this build with a 4L Frost Blades setup for mapping. What's your opinion on that?

Build gets point blank which might make the damage kinda low but thats gonna be a problem for most clearing skills. I think I'd be more tempted to put a spectral throw clearing skill in the boots just because the colors will be easier to get

"
fookolt wrote:
I'm really enjoying this build already, but I have one question: what makes you recommend a clarity watcher's eye when the build doesn't have clarity? Is wrath lightning penetration still the other recommended watcher's eye mod to look out for?

Build doesn't use clarity unless you get that watchers eye. Then you run a lvl 1 clarity in order to get the ES buff. Its out of the average players price range though and I try to be budget friendly.

Yeah wrath pen is best damage. There are other things its nice to be paired with but again it depends on the budget and I generally trust that someone who can afford that high either already knows what they want or they can just ask :)

I'm a sucker for FB, I will try it. Coloring boots (or any 4L) isn't that hard with the jeweler meta craft trick. Thanks.
I am rarely impressed with builds but this i must say, is the most effective HoWa build i've ever played. I do have a traditional ST-HoWa character i played through alot of leagues which uses quite alot of expensive int rares, but this one seems far more efficient. My two howa chars are in similar efficiancy despite the fact my scion just hit 75 and i dont have any enchants. Best thing is since it only uses uniques it only requires a couple exalts (discounting a 6L) to play with. One weakness it seems however is the stun, since we are melee and have no stun protection other than Brine King, i personally would recommend 80% stun boot enchant. That alone made my other char pretty much stun immune.

Kudo's for the build Waffle, truly impressive.
"
Valentir wrote:
Hi there, awesome guide. converted my scion to try this, however I can't figure out how I have 2k less ES then you. Here is my pastebin - https://pastebin.com/Unk8TwSM

I'm not sure why you think you have 2k ES down. According to that pastebin you have 8723 ES which is only 277 off the 9k mark.

General rule of thumb is that if you feel low on defense and want more ES then buy some +Flat ES Abyss jewels even if their other stats are bad or save up for a clarity watchers eye for a real big boost. Other ES upgrades are more incremental, min/maxing gear or getting more levels.

@Fistaniderya

Thanks for the build. I am slowly leveling with it, at level 53 right now. I have all essential pieces for when I start to hit required levels. My question pertains to the Scion tree. How do you just start taking nodes all over the place? Also, I read a comment on page one about a leveling tree, and you replied that you added it, but the only trees I see start at level 70. I am just not sure how I can start taking nodes on a different part of the map and when I should be doing so. I have never played Scion, so this is probably a dumb question. So far I have stuck to nodes off of the main Scion starting point and have most of them. I have about 20 more nodes to go then i'll have to start up by Retribution and Elemental Overload, but have no idea how to start up there. lol

My last question is, at what level should I start doing labs for ascendance and enchants? Thanks again for the build.
"
WR47H wrote:
Thanks for the build. I am slowly leveling with it, at level 53 right now. I have all essential pieces for when I start to hit required levels. My question pertains to the Scion tree. How do you just start taking nodes all over the place? Also, I read a comment on page one about a leveling tree, and you replied that you added it, but the only trees I see start at level 70. I am just not sure how I can start taking nodes on a different part of the map and when I should be doing so. I have never played Scion, so this is probably a dumb question. So far I have stuck to nodes off of the main Scion starting point and have most of them. I have about 20 more nodes to go then i'll have to start up by Retribution and Elemental Overload, but have no idea how to start up there. lol

My last question is, at what level should I start doing labs for ascendance and enchants? Thanks again for the build.

Haha page 1 responses are a year old now. That was many patches ago and the build looked very different back then.

Scion gets an ascendency node called "path of the templar" which allows you to allocate skill points starting from the Templar starting point. Before then you can path there normally through Int nodes and then once you pick up this ascendancy you can refund those travel nodes.

The reason I don't have trees below lvl 70 is that I wouldn't know where to start. People who don't have all the gear upfront will be taking many life nodes for better survival, also mind over matter is a good option. I'm not sure when people do quests or labs and get extra skill points from there either.

In my experience if you have the gear then leveling is pretty easy and it almost doesn't matter what order you get stuff so long as you keep some decent defense
Do you think it's worth using a Skyforth to mitigate most stuns? I lose like 50 int and quite a bit of ES. The advantage is that I can free up 2 points from leadership and invest maybe in the jewel socket near CI for some extra stun and compensate the ES/Int lost with a good jewel.
Last edited by gigarez on Apr 9, 2018, 10:15:14 PM
Have u considered dual wielding HoWA? It's like double your damage, ofc chance to block will be decreased.
IGN: DrSlump / DrArale
My shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2125286
"
gigarez wrote:
Do you think it's worth using a Skyforth to mitigate most stuns? I lose like 50 int and quite a bit of ES. The advantage is that I can free up 2 points from leadership and invest maybe in the jewel socket near CI for some extra stun and compensate the ES/Int lost with a good jewel.

The build can't really afford to lose ES and Sin Trek have much more ES potential then skyforth. When I messed around with it I lose less value swapping inquisitor into occultist to get full stun immunity if you really feel you need it

"
DrSlump wrote:
Have u considered dual wielding HoWA? It's like double your damage, ofc chance to block will be decreased.

People far overestimate double claw damage. Its 18.9% more damage and you lose ES, resistances, block and evasion.

If your only concern is damage and ignore block and you have really expensive gear that supplies more resistances and ES then you need then yes you can afford to swap without concern.

This build is more about being accessible and less about spending multiple exalts for small damage increases. In my opinion if you want to sink a few hundred orbs into a HOWA build I would start from scratch getting top tier rares in each slot
Holy cow, this build is amazing. Thank you for the whole guide!

I'm really happy with everything, but I'm curious how I can bump up my damage further. I'm still 3 levels away from my 9th jewel socket, but beyond that, can I do anything to improve this?

https://pastebin.com/6M2sWUWE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info