[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

Thx for the detailed respond, one question why we using shield instead of another howa? Just using ur pob for st another howa adds 100k damage, we can get the 30 resists from jewels, probably better than using the shield?
"
sivertry wrote:
Thx for the detailed respond, one question why we using shield instead of another howa? Just using ur pob for st another howa adds 100k damage, we can get the 30 resists from jewels, probably better than using the shield?

Changing into another perfect Int and damage roll claw (expensive) gives +17.3% damage and +5 Int which isn't enough to really change ES levels. You lose -20% block -2% evade -6% movement speed and -30% resists.

30% resistances will take 3-4 affix spots on jewels to cover which would probably lose most of that +17% damage so then you'd just end up with -20% block -2% evade -6% movement speed and you'd have to use whirling blades instead of shield charge. I like shield charge
Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 25, 2018, 2:34:48 AM
Have you thought about going Elementalist over Raider?
i have 2 shaper's touch

should i use the ele weakness one and put auras in vertex
or use the +1 gem one with aura in it and put ancestor protector totem in vertex for 2x totem?
which ends up more damage?
"
Firewok wrote:
Have you thought about going Elementalist over Raider?

Losing frenzy charges and onslaught on bosses is a pretty big damage cut. Penetration isn't that important since we already get plenty. 40 int gives more ES and lets you cut some ES nodes for damage so after changing that and adding in a flame golem you end up with 12% less damage, 20 less ES and 10% less movement speed

"
sivertry wrote:
i have 2 shaper's touch

should i use the ele weakness one and put auras in vertex
or use the +1 gem one with aura in it and put ancestor protector totem in vertex for 2x totem?
which ends up more damage?

I'd go with ele weakness since it uses less gem slots and maintaining two ancestor protectors within range of a boss seems like too much time that could be spent molten striking
does it have tobe molten strike? cant we use diffirent ones? drost blades, glacial idk just theorethically
What are your thoughts on swapping one of the perandus signet's for a taming, I'm having an issue running the theory in PoB because PoB doesn't register the fact that I have 1580 INT. Seems like you trade out 700 es/200 INT, but pick up significant DPS and a much more comfortable res setup for - res maps. Can then maybe even drop purity of elements for another aura.
"
does it have tobe molten strike? cant we use diffirent ones? drost blades, glacial idk just theorethically

One of the first lines mentions spectral throw and bladeflurry as options. Those are also options but will have much less dps

"
Lemon_Boxa wrote:
What are your thoughts on swapping one of the perandus signet's for a taming, I'm having an issue running the theory in PoB because PoB doesn't register the fact that I have 1580 INT. Seems like you trade out 700 es/200 INT, but pick up significant DPS and a much more comfortable res setup for - res maps. Can then maybe even drop purity of elements for another aura.

In 3.1 they changed the language of the rings from "2% increased Intelligence for each Unique Item you have equipped" to "2% increased Intelligence for each Equipped Unique Item"

Path of building has not yet included the new wording in their programming so any import with the rings won't include the Int they give. Just import your character then change the wording on the rings into the old version or manually add in a copy of the rings and it will give them the old wording that still works.

I had not really played around with the Taming rings so I booted up the defensive tree and did some testing. The first problem is that it loses alot of ES and we've already taken all the worthwhile ES nodes in the tree so really the only way to keep up ES at that point is to swap the shield into a 300 ES rare

For just 1 taming ring I swapped the shield and cut some ES nodes for damage nodes. For 2 taming rings I also swapped purity of elements into herald of thunder and cut the aura nodes for more ES ones

Perandus rings
205298 hit dps
10192 ES
84% Evade
38% Block

One Taming ring with ES shield
234117 hit dps
10192 ES
80% Evade
28% Block
https://pastebin.com/MySZ3NLX

Two Tamings ring with ES shield
234421 hit dps
10405 ES
80% Evade
28% Block
https://pastebin.com/58adcGXn

The difference between 80% evade and 84% evade is almost 25% less attack damage taken, plus losing 10% block so even though the double Taming setup has some more ES total I consider the perandus rings stronger defensively.

The Taming setup does get 14% more dmg which is pretty decent but you would be spending about 5ex per ring and then another chunk on a good ES shield to make that swap and I try to keep things budget friendly. The taming setup also needs a 5R1B chest setup so it doesn't use ele focus and can ignite for the extra damage which costs a decent number of chromes to get over 4R2B

It does appear to be a cheaper investment then saving up for the mana = ES watchers eye though and with a good enough ES/Int shield you might be able to cover the gap of the lost block and evasion chance. Overall I would put this option as a lategame "If you have currency you want to sink into the build" category

Last edited by WaffleT on Jan 31, 2018, 1:34:29 AM
This might be a dumb question.

The claw's life gain on hit, is it lost/wasted in this build because of CI/ES? I know the one passive node converts regular leech into ES leech. I assume this does not apply to life gain on hit since that is a different kind of leech?
I dunno, I swapped a taming for 1 perandus signet and slotted in clarity instead of purity of elements, gives a nice dps buff and yes I lost 700 es, but I have 9.6k es at level 93 so it's not a big deal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info