[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

"
Stridemann wrote:
@onlyjb:
Thanks for the answer)

Yes, I read about weak midgame, but I'm 84lvl now (all 8 ascendency used), so I thought that I'm doin domething wrong. I pick almost all the life passives and drop all uniq items for rare with life- that doesn't help.
I think I miss life mods on my 4 jewels.

I took out vortex on CWDT and put Immortal Call, CWDT set to pop with half of my life, saves a lot of times, also the nova heals you when triggered together (with leech), vaal pact is extremely necessary.

I'm coming from a tank build and and having some struggle to adapt to the play style (much more adrenaline). As I'm seeing you got to know bosses, some you have to face tank in order to stay alive and some you have to kite, specially know their moves and their one hit kill (It's a knowledge you will have to pay with deaths from your character to get =P).
(Minutes a go face tanked double boss on rare lair map, life going up and down like crazy lol)
I'm doing tier 14 rare maps at lvl 77. Still die some times when lose concentration, but I know it is my fault, got to be aware 100% of the time. Unstable server gives a lot of struggle to this build too.

I also opted for kaoms boots because I don't think its affordable to get stunned when the only thing that keeps you alive is your leech but I'm struggling to get to 109% resists

I already give up doing labs and trials with this build

Hope this helps, it's a very fun build to play =P
Last edited by hamilcarTHC on Sep 29, 2017, 5:31:39 PM
@hamilcarTHC:

The build relys heavy on it's playstyle, indeed.

While some people are not able to beat T12+ with it, ive seen a guy that killed Shaper with lv 78 on a 5L with lv 19 gems. I did it kinda early aswell - but on 5L lv78 is insane.

Kaom's boots are a viable option, i would not drop my Vaal Haste's for it tho. :P

Labyrinth is super hard with this build, unless you know exactly what you are doing. Just completed my 100th labyrinth a few hours ago to archieve 40 challenges. It is much easier if you carry a life flask to counter traps.

Ive seen you are using Volkuur's, thought about that already but poison seems rather low in 3.0 if you dont scale it heavy. Let me know how it works for you! :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Sep 30, 2017, 2:20:17 AM
Hey there,

i started your very funny looking guide some days ago;

hit lvl 60 now and equipped a nice Temepest's Binding with the reduced enchanment,
prices are climbing while this built gets more popular, paid 6 ex for it :S

the question is - why orb of storms ? Whats the point for dat stationary skill ?
Am i supposed to always first cast Orb of storms before blasting in with my laserbeam ?

What about replacing orb of storms with herald of ice ? also the curse comes with it automatically,
so ... what am i missing here ? is it a question of DPS ?

The other thing, power charge on critical > assassins mark, cause on mark u only get charges on kill, which is useless against boss, am i right at least here ? =)

Still, very nice guide, im looking forward to go further and further into The Laserbeam!

Greetings
"
onlyjb wrote:
@hamilcarTHC:

The build relys heavy on it's playstyle, indeed.

While some people are not able to beat T12+ with it, ive seen a guy that killed Shaper with lv 78 on a 5L with lv 19 gems. I did it kinda early aswell - but on 5L lv78 is insane.

Kaom's boots are a viable option, i would not drop my Vaal Haste's for it tho. :P

Labyrinth is super hard with this build, unless you know exactly what you are doing. Just completed my 100th labyrinth a few hours ago to archieve 40 challenges. It is much easier if you carry a life flask to counter traps.

Ive seen you are using Volkuur's, thought about that already but poison seems rather low in 3.0 if you dont scale it heavy. Let me know how it works for you! :)

I'm using Volkuur's more for the "adds lightning dmg to spells", it boosts more the dmg than the 16% spell dmg from the rare gloves and lets me use the enchant of tempest that gives me 17.5k dps too. The poison boost is quite irrelevant. Coming to the price that I'm not being able to use a belt with increased flask duration (need 3 elem resists from it). I don't know if it worth in the end, would need to talk to a mathematician xD. The main reason I'm using it is because I like the item lol.

Labs I will keep doing with the RF build that has insane life reg, so much easy with it lol.

Thanks!
Hi guys, I'm using this build atm (just lvl 72) and am loving it!

Quick question though - How does Diamond Flask help with DPS? Because when I activate it in game, i don't see a tooltip DPS increase :O

I suspect it's because it doesn't increase my spell crit but only physical crit chance? Thanks guys
@Brummbär88:

Heyo!

Always nice to hear people enjoy the build. :)

"
Brummbär88 wrote:
power charge on critical > assassins mark, cause on mark u only get charges on kill, which is useless against boss

Exactly.

The same thing with Herald of Ice + Warlord's Mark. You wouldn't be able to curse add free bosses as easy. Orb of Storms ist just extreme effective to keep the curse up while also generating some Powercharges. The damage from it is just the cherry on top of the ice cream.

@hamilcarTHC:

Ball Lightning got only 20% damage effectivnes, so added lightning damage is rather weak on it. I may do the math next days if get bored enough :P

Your helmet enchantment is 40% increase Chaos Golem damage. How can that increase your DPS? :o

@kazafz:

A Diamond Flask will let your crits roll twice. If either one of that rolls is a crit, you will crit. That works for spells and attacks.
With 50% crit, you can imagine a coin. Throw it 2 times, if you have atleast 1x head you won.

You can not see this effect in your tooltips, but it is there.
Well, I still die a lot. A LOT.
But I finally made the guardians and I will be doing Shaper soon.
Thx for the build.

I'm still open for tips. I've changed many things and I am actually dual-wielding at the moment.
I made quite a mess on the Tree thinking it would make a better choice for life but it ended up just a little worse. At least was just a little.
It is working, just wished I would die less.

So far I had no luck with boots enchantment (3 tries (with Twice Enchanted ¬¬) ¬¬).
And I will probably buy the Mask already enchanted, since the chances are really low.
I've been dreaming of going Dual Void Battery and wondering if there is an alternative gem for Whirling Blades in this situation.

"
onlyjb wrote:
@Brummbär88:

Heyo!

Always nice to hear people enjoy the build. :)

"
Brummbär88 wrote:
power charge on critical > assassins mark, cause on mark u only get charges on kill, which is useless against boss

Exactly.

The same thing with Herald of Ice + Warlord's Mark. You wouldn't be able to curse add free bosses as easy. Orb of Storms ist just extreme effective to keep the curse up while also generating some Powercharges. The damage from it is just the cherry on top of the ice cream.

@hamilcarTHC:

Ball Lightning got only 20% damage effectivnes, so added lightning damage is rather weak on it. I may do the math next days if get bored enough :P

Your helmet enchantment is 40% increase Chaos Golem damage. How can that increase your DPS? :o

@kazafz:

A Diamond Flask will let your crits roll twice. If either one of that rolls is a crit, you will crit. That works for spells and attacks.
With 50% crit, you can imagine a coin. Throw it 2 times, if you have atleast 1x head you won.

You can not see this effect in your tooltips, but it is there.

I still need to get the correct enchant for the helmet :P
I'm trying to decide what my next upgrade should be.

Should I go with a rare dagger/wand or the 45% reduced lightning ball enchant for my tempest's binding? or both? Or something else that I'm not thinking of?

My budget is about 7 ex.
Last edited by ittarter on Oct 2, 2017, 4:34:41 PM
@ittarter:

45% reduced BL speed on Tempest's is huge. 7ex should be enough aswell. Go for that. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info