[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

"
onlyjb wrote:
@hamilcarTHC:

1) The total DPS is not Ball Lightning alone, but the combined DPS of "Ball Lightning" + "Lightning Bolt" + "Orb of Storms".

2) Several buffs will activate in combat only and raise your DPS further (Innervate, Arcane Surge etc). Flasks have a huge impact aswell.

3) PoB calculates Ball Lightning DPS as it would hit one time only, even without reduced projectile speed it will rather hit 2 times. Due to a total projectile speed reduction of > 50% less + 45% reduced < our Ball Lightning will move extreme slow and hit 4-6 times per cast minimum.

Did Uber Atziri yesterday, had only one portal left in the end tho. The build can beat ANY content beside Hall of Grandmaster's.

Got it!
Thanks a lot! =D
Mini update September 26th

-updated my current gear
-added 3.0 videos
-fixed some grammar/spelling mistakes
-added 2 FAQ's that was asked a lot
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Hello !

Is there a big difference if I switch Elemental Focus to Lightning Penetration ?

Thanks for the build ! :)
Last edited by Gaduk0 on Sep 28, 2017, 9:31:58 AM
What would your DPS be like if you swapped Spell Echo/Arcane surge for CWC Storm Burst, and used the Rippling thoughts for perma Arcane Surge?

It seems like your dps would increase quite a bit, at least theoretically
@Gaduk0:

Inquisitor's thread enemys like they have 0 elemental resitance on critical strike. No reason to use Lightning Penetration tho.

@tairan:

Rippling Thoughts cant reach a good rare dagger, not even close. Be aware that BL got only 20% added damage effect.

Storm Burst's damage seems rather low, i would not recomend it.

I guess you used PoB to calculate?
Forget that - PoB is an awesome tool, but it fails horrible when it comes to Ball Lightning calculations. I guess PoB would show a higher DPS with CWC/Storm Burst but it also says i deal 180k DPS with BL full buffed. Just check my Shaper video's - it is more like 1mio++.
Last edited by onlyjb on Sep 28, 2017, 11:22:01 AM
Thanks for a build)

Bosskiller?, but dying from 1 punch of a boss. Too low hp. Using proposed gear setup getting <4.3k health
Not for lab, really. Dying like a mosquito (traps, argus, boss..), really sad.

Tooltip: 20k dps on 0.34s cast time (with 4 charges), max what I can make (ofc it's not real dps, just tooltip).

I was reading this thread and I change my gear trying to get more HP. Even if almost all items have ~100hp I'll get ~5.2k hp, one hard hit from boss and I'm dead anyway.

Optional (for more health):
@Stridemann:

Hey, im sorry that you have a hard time.

I mentioned a weak midgame in the pro's/con`s and the gearing section contains the word "life" 10 times, atleast one time bold. :P

If you want to kill the highest bosses you should aim for atleast 6k life. To tank Shaper or evil Minotaur's i swap a ring to archieve 6.8k life + 1.2k es. On top of that make sure to always use Fortify - it is realy powerful against physical damage!

Midgame struggles like your's happened a lot in the past. Many people wrote a few days later - with 20/20 gems and utility flasks - that they have a nice and smooth gameplay experience now. :)

Good luck with your journey, exile!
Last edited by onlyjb on Sep 28, 2017, 4:27:42 PM
Misunderstood the tooltip, though it was -37% resistance, but it isn't :D I though we could hit the monster with -37% light res...

...Isn't this build could deal a lot more damage with totem ? I don't like totem gameplay but still asking the question ^^'

BL / Slower Projectile / Increased critical strike / Increased critical damage / Faster Casting / idk

Thanks for the answer
Last edited by Gaduk0 on Sep 28, 2017, 2:21:45 PM
@Gaduk0:

I have honestly no clue about totem's.
Try and tell me then! :)
@onlyjb:
Thanks for the answer)

Yes, I read about weak midgame, but I'm 84lvl now (all 8 ascendency used), so I thought that I'm doin domething wrong. I pick almost all the life passives and drop all uniq items for rare with life- that doesn't help.
I think I miss life mods on my 4 jewels.

Last edited by Stridemann on Sep 29, 2017, 11:45:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info