[2.6] The SoulTaxic- CI PoisonFinder TS/Barrage ,Shaper/ Guardians/ Uber / ALL mapmods

Last edited by Tobinator on Apr 24, 2017, 10:14:57 AM
"
Tobinator wrote:
If some1 need gear for that build u can pm me

this is not sale thread. reporting.
Thought I would share my experience with this build. First of all, thank you very much to the OP for creating an extremely fun and affordable CI bow build that to top it off uses Voltaxic, one of my favorite bows in the game (and as a previous poster said, totally brings me back to Perandus league when it was 100%!)

My character started as an EK Nova build, which while extremely fun and fast, lacked reliable single target DPS once the flasks went down. Sure, if everything went perfectly, most bosses usually died in the first round, but if anything went wrong they absolutely did not. I didn't enjoy this stress in boss rooms, despite the fact the build was easily the fastest map-clearer I had ever played.

So I converted to this one once I got my 6L regalia and here's my current gear:

Spoiler

My gear has a lot of room for improvement, so for now I am not taking the 6 nodes related to reduced mana reserved and therefore not running Herald of Thunder, instead electing for more ES% and Chaos Damage %. Additionally, I felt that LA/TS (I prefer LA) was not clearing very well with Point Blank in maps (I'm also inexperienced with it so I was not playing optimally - always either too close or too far it seemed), so for now I have that unallocated and used the points to fill out the Method to Madness cluster. I believe part of the reason for this is that I only have a 5L Voltaxic. Obviously I will re-allocate PB when I attempt guardians and shaper.

For anyone on the fence about this build, go for it. It reminds me a lot of the King of the Forest build only you don't have to worry about 1-shots thanks to CI, and can pretty much just stop, pop, and face-melt bosses thanks to Vinktar's + Dying Sun + Atziri's flasks. Great stuff.

Planning to get a +1 Soul Strike, 6L Voltaxic, and then jewelry upgrades. I'm thinking that once I get my gems leveled w/quality and the +1 Soul Strike, I will attempt the Shaper.
Guys, what maps are best to shape with this build? I'm tired running shaped strand and shaped shore. So we can open all tier 13 till 16 maps? This is my first season so i kinda don't want to make errors in maps. Mainly interested in maps, where Opal rings could drop.

In process of regearing, can't get fire and lightning res to put in DPS ring. Tho the build feeling better in 85+. Tho i can tell that single dps is lackluster for me even on T13 (by now).
Last edited by divinity on Apr 25, 2017, 6:25:57 AM
"
divinity wrote:
Guys, what maps are best to shape with this build? I'm tired running shaped strand and shaped shore. So we can open all tier 13 till 16 maps? This is my first season so i kinda don't want to make errors in maps. Mainly interested in maps, where Opal rings could drop.

In process of regearing, can't get fire and lightning res to put in DPS ring. Tho the build feeling better in 85+. Tho i can tell that single dps is lackluster for me even on T13 (by now).

anymap is fine, do whichever u like.
"
divinity wrote:

Aoe clear will never be top tier but still rly good.
At maps <t16 i swap in chain and it helps a lot.

And i actually saw that you said your single target isn't great oO.
Can't see why....Maybe get better rings but with flasks you should nearly one shot(like 1-3seconds) every boss <t16.
is there a viable full MF build for this? what items can we dropped for IIQ/IIR? etc

thanks guys!
IGN: Arcmaimed
"
Statusblue wrote:
is there a viable full MF build for this? what items can we dropped for IIQ/IIR? etc

thanks guys!

i dabbled with an MF version for this build, doesnt rly seem to feel good imo, if u want MF, u can just follow my current build Angelis_Dei
Hey guys, loving the build.

I've got around 10k ES, overcapped on all res.

I'd like to improve my Lightning Arrow damage though, single target barrage is amazing as expected, especially with full wither stacks.

Any suggestions on how to increase LA DPS without dropping any ES would be great.

I also know GMP is gimping dps some, but 6 arrows feels much better than 4.

inb4 dying sun, that is my next investment.

Here's my gear:

Spoiler
Last edited by Enthesis on Apr 26, 2017, 12:23:15 AM
Why does Call of the Brotherhood give us so much poison damage on Path of Building? Just curious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info