Developer Q&A - Answers Part 3

"
This is unlikely. The game is designed around its current drop rates and SSF mode is meant to be more challenging due to the inability to trade. Even in SSF, people are reaching top-tier content quite quickly.

Please, please, STOP balancing your game around people who play 14-17 hours per day.

Steel posted his experience on reddit - the guy played 15 hours a day. Of course he will reach top-tier content quite quickly.

For the rest of us, playing SSF is absolutely horrible experience because nothing ever drops and you constantly lack crafting materials.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I'll keep it short. Any information on Cross-league Skin Transfers?
Last question is best one.

I was so hyped for Legacy until it turned out league mods will be gated behing RNG drops. Obviously the leagues I fucking hate drop all the time and the ones I want to play are rare as hell, or I am just very unlucky.

I gave up on the vendor recipe as I always get back shit leagues as well.

When I finally get 3 decent leaguestones I want to play and farm a zone (let's say ledge) I have to put the stones in and out each time I enter submerged or climb and reenter ledge. Very annyoing.

Now I have 2 tabs full of shitstones and basically lost all interest in playing any further.

Before Legacy I thought the Leaguestone system will be terrible, but don't get me wrong, I love the game itself. PoE is the very best arpg game I have ever played. So I gave it a try. It ended up even worse of an experience than I originally thought. I know I might be pretty alone with this, but I didn't enjoy this league at all. Bacause of the stone system.

Now if I could have my custom league with Anarchy, Perandus, Nemesis (the three stones with what seems have the lowest drop rate) that would be a different thing.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
neurolergic wrote:
Last question is best one.

I was so hyped for Legacy until it turned out league mods will be gated behing RNG drops. Obviously the leagues I fucking hate drop all the time and the ones I want to play are rare as hell, or I am just very unlucky.

I gave up on the vendor recipe as I always get back shit leagues as well.

SO MUCH THIS!

Exactly the same here! I Trade in 21 Leaguestones and all i get is CRAP Talisman/Tempest/Prophecy ALL THE DAMN TIME!

Why the f*ck are Beyoned and Breach so damn rare and all the *bullshit* ones that no sane player would ever use, drops en masse!?

At least they gave Onslaught some Quantity... Those where the true "Ethical" leaguestones. Making maps much more dangerous for NO REWARD *facepalm*

Seriously this + the messed up reliquary droprate/reward mechanic is absolutely a slap in the playerbase. Oh WOOOW an ultrarare Key dropped (its like a third of an Exalted dropchance) You open always the damn chest, not with the expectation to get a Legacy Kaoms - BUT you hope "please please --> let it not be a complete dogshit lowlevel crap unique" but that's 99% what you will get! Kaoms Ring, Kaoms Ring, Spidershitrobe etc. ONLY CRAP. Thanks for the HYPE and NOT delivering any of THAT what was praised and promised to heavens! No more supporterpacks from my end...

And also Mysteryboxes are completely UNETHICAL. They cater and promote peoples hidden gamble addictions. You will never get back the investment, even if GGG's false implication of: you get "at least" the points back of your investment! Because 20 stacks of Fireworks and 10 times the same god damn Helmet is no fun (/ironie off). Look at examples like Pohx, thats what the average player gets in return for their €$€$-sink TRASHBOXES
Last edited by xX999Xx on Apr 4, 2017, 8:13:09 AM
Have you considered a super hardcore mode? SSF + Losing char to void league?
"Even in SSF, people are reaching top-tier content quite quickly"

In your dreams! You call "top-tier" those garbage uniques that sells for 1 alc? In SSF they are completely useless. So this game is designed around useless items..
"
Odoakar wrote:
playing SSF is absolutely horrible experience because nothing ever drops and you constantly lack crafting materials.

Maybe they should also remove permanent death from Hardcore, since not ressurrecting is a "horrible experience".
"
Even though the dev team constantly implements performance improvements and is proud of it, I feel like the game's performance is actually becoming worse year after year on the same hardware configuration. Maybe it has to do with the general increase in enemy and effect density, but I can't even open a Breach or party up without it becoming a slideshow very quickly (sometimes actually slowing down the instance itself, as reflected by server-side lag). And I'm playing on HC—these sudden performance drops are deadly! I keep seeing this concern echoed by the owners of high-end graphics cards as well, so it's definitely not the case of me having a potato PC. What are the plans in this regard?

Our telemetry lets us see the actual performance values, and while they're improving when we make improvements, you're certainly right that there's more going on in the endgame these days with the amount of mods that people are running. This also affects the server, as you correctly point out, which is an entirely different area of optimisation.

I don't think the solution is to substantially reduce the amount going on in the Path of Exile endgame. While it can be hectic, that's what people enjoy playing, so a scorched earth policy of changing it to be much simpler would probably be negative overall. I think we can make some small tweaks to endgame content to modify the worst offenders and will of course continue to push on both clientside and serverside performance. There's plenty we can still improve in various places.

This is one of the things I dislike with path of exile. Usually, a game, become "dead" after a couple years and the developper make a new one (like path of exile 2, path of exile 3) but in path of exile, they keep the same game forever AND never try to keep a hardware spec base. In league of legends, not only we can play with our old potato we had many years ago, but riot game upgraded their game so we have even more fps with better graphics at the same time. In path of exile, they just do whatever they want and force the player base to adjust their hardware. I think you guys at ggg should at least make a minimum, a general and a best system requirement so new and old players alike can know in advance if they can run the game before downloading many gb of files and know if say in 2017 they should start saving money to buy a new computer because they are now very short with the new specs. I don't know if you should update it every years or only with every expansions but you guys should do it AND you should always make sure that your employee make their new stuff with a capped hardware. Like, if the general spec in 2017 is with say a gforce gtx 1050 for 30 fps, they should to make arts that would drop the fps under 30. And of course it should be verified in the quality test process. That way at least players will be able to know what to expect with their machine. And if ggg make major upgrades they should warn the community in advance, like if we no longer can play with the shadow off in 3.0, we should know in advance we wont be able to play path of exile at all lol...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info