Developer Q&A - Answers Part 3

"
It makes me a little sad to hear that older supporter packs will never be available again. Especially the diamond and grandmaster pack :-(

The hope dies last!

Yeah well I tried to get your Conqueror portal as well and they told me to take a hike - more or less.

It is what it is.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I consider that 3.x.x will become great if GGG achieve a new microtransactions system, completelly reworked. One more intuitive, easy to use. The actual system is really annoying and messing.

The rewards on quests should be reviewed too. Too many quests rewarding the player with trash rares that are not even worth to trade!

Awaiting great changes or the complete fall of PoE !!!
Last edited by Treufeldt on Apr 3, 2017, 9:27:35 AM
"
Treufeldt wrote:
I consider that 3.x.x will become great if GGG achieve a new microtransactions system, completelly reworked. One more intuitive, easy to use. The actual system is really annoying and messing.

The rewards on quests should be reviewed too. Too many quests rewarding the player with trash rares that are not even worth to trade!

...and this is why Google Translate should be used as a last resort only.

Not sure what you meant with your post, but a fascinating read to be sure.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Treufeldt wrote:

...and this is why Google Translate should be used as a last resort only.

Not sure what you meant with your post, but a fascinating read to be sure.

kkkkk ... This was the intention ...
"
Chris wrote:
What's with the "Ethical" SSF thing?

as far as i can tell (the ethical part), it is a couple of things
character does not use brokenly overpowered mechanics, which might be considered the following
* vaal pact, energy shield based character, as vaal pact has NO drawback on energy shield, with a hit you can heal yourself back up to full life
* don't use double dipping on your abilities (slower proj on fireball that scales the initial hit and the burn)
* you're not 95% crit with 600% crit multi

You do not (when playing hardcore) log out in sticky situations

as far as i can tell, things like that (there might be more, might be less)

edit: as it is part of the game mechanics, some people impose a "ethical" constraint on themselves to try out things that doesn't scale as good as the above mentioned

i tried it... poison damage is just to good not to use
Last edited by KiKurASiruSaSH on Apr 3, 2017, 12:12:42 PM
"
m0ngeese wrote:
"
defektiv wrote:
the regal recipe requires i75+ gear that you have to get out of maps.

Level 8 Masters missions are a source of Regal recipe items. They don't require a single map be run.

True, that is a source along with the maps themselves. But you have to do a lot of full time farming to restock a lot of times. With the Chaos recipe at least you can just drop into normal zones to farm the pieces for the recipe, so it doesn't feel like you're incurring costs to currency and maps to gain more currency to roll more maps. By the time I'm running higher maps where the pieces of the Regal recipe drop, I really don't want to be hauling trash through the 6 portals to sustain further map rolls. I want to be focused on looking for the final gear upgrades, components and boss fights. But maybe that's just me.

"
Chris wrote:
What's with the "Ethical" SSF thing? I think I missed the start of that meme and now I'm really confused. Is this a serious thing or a joke? Can someone please explain it to me? Thanks.

I just assumed people were applying the same usage of the word that GGG original did with MTX philosophy.. Remember Ethical Microtransactions?
Last edited by defektiv on Apr 3, 2017, 12:08:06 PM
I would love to see, if at all possible, guild leagues. It would really cool to be able to play a league with just your guild buddies. Also, will there ever be significant changes to the way guild rosters and moderation work? It would also be cool if we could assign our own additional roles and permissions for groups of people.
Last edited by Pickleated on Apr 3, 2017, 12:50:43 PM
Can't see an excuse about the nasty ground effects, turning everyones fps into near 0, they must have nasa-computers with 5 inch cables to the server...
Nice read!
I LOVE THIS GAAAAAME!!!!
Lots of good answers this time too, but I was hoping for answers about improvements to melee.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info