Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

I love you guys so much right now. I've been complaining (sorry) for four years and I couldn't be happier about the movement speed cap on spectres. Thank you again!
Minion changes
Nothing for animate guardian.

GGGGG
This shows how you guys have completely missed the mark on how these skills are being used. Summon Skeleton's is used as a "meat shield". Yet you nerf the quantity of the meat shield and increase their damage to compensate. THEY ARE NOT USED FOR DAMAGE!!!
make at least 30-35 SRS + increase damage for end game viable, from 50 to 20 with NONE, yes NO damage increse, because there is no damage increase per skull as you say, and stupid Ai running of map instead of attacking close enemies.

srs is a joke, zombies skeletons and spectres dont even taunt enemies, and insta die, mobs ignore all 7zomb + 2spe + 11skel and run straight to me.

is like you only support meta builds for end game instead of making variety and balance in all spells and attacks in END GAME content.
If you're going to lessen the amount of Skeletons out, at least make them persistent (no time limit) and move with you like the Zombies. Would make a huge difference.
Last edited by Hlifhildr on Mar 31, 2017, 2:51:57 PM
You should better make spectres level up to the level of the map, this would be so much better, not to spend 5-10 min to raise new up-to-tier spectres.
Not sure I like it, if you have performance issues with summoners, maybe you should make the code and hardware fit to the game and invest time into "code research" and servers instead of making the game fit the hardware (That is hopefully going to improve aniway). My first character is a heavy summoner, that plays almost every summoning spell in the game, except from animate weapon, converting trap and dominate blow, and what's make his charm is the feeling that I'm briging my own dungeon into the dungeon. It wouldn't feel the same with 2 zombie and 4 skeletons right ?

Btw Animate guardian is the general of my armies. I like him so much, but since I had a break on POE I just CAN'T remember what items he has on. That's frustrating. I understand and like that if he dies(Wich is not going to happen too often, he's the bulkiest), I lose all items invested, and I understand that you can't swap items, as that would be too easy to adapt to the situation. But please allow us to know what items he currently has ! That's just a feature that it's not breaking power level on any form, as it could be done on the user side by print screening everytime you equip him with something. I should have done it, damn me.

Btw please don't follow advice from my fellow summoner. Don't make skeleton act like zombies. It's actually usefull that some stays behind to clean, or stay ahead to charge with the srs cavalery. Zombies are body guards. Skeletons are soldiers. Don't make them follow me.

Whyle making spectres permanent is a somewhat good idea, it actually kills some of the gameplay on a heavy summoner. I actually like raising the dead, that's all I do. Call the cavalery with double totem, raise skeleton to charge along, then explode the deads to offer power to my minions. But spectres make it more complicated and fun. I love this feeling when you see a "new" minion, or at least one you know and liked from last difficulty, and be like, ho man I must raise this one, he's so cool ! Each invocation spell has it's charm, and making spectres permanent kind of kills some if it's charm. I think it should actually be 2 seperate things if you wanna go down this road. Make spectres permanent, but make a new skill that has the feeling of what spectres are. Maybe short lived spectres ? Like a dominating blow, but on the deads ? I know there's dominating blow and converting trap but... Take no prisonners right ? But maybe I should actually try converting trap. I don't know, I don't like the part when they turn back on you, my army is loyal. I would prefere converting the deads. Deads are trustworthy you know.
Last edited by Lyeus on Mar 31, 2017, 5:53:40 PM
"
Xeridanus wrote:
My summoner doesn't use skeletons so I don't have a personal opinion on those changes but improvements to performance are always welcome. Being able to keep spectres through logout is a godsend and my zombies will appreciate their buffs I'm sure.

I can't seem to find a way to copy the spreadsheet to play around with it, am I missing something obvious?

i don't see any way to save it either.
"
mogley125 wrote:
"
Xeridanus wrote:
My summoner doesn't use skeletons so I don't have a personal opinion on those changes but improvements to performance are always welcome. Being able to keep spectres through logout is a godsend and my zombies will appreciate their buffs I'm sure.

I can't seem to find a way to copy the spreadsheet to play around with it, am I missing something obvious?

i don't see any way to save it either.

At the top, click File and then Download as.
Finally some love for the spectres, t'was so annoying to find the right spectres and then wow dc or need to swich char and they are gone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info