Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

Please add some way to have zombies passively heal without the relevant passives, in a way that can be used at lower levels.
They don't need to be too tanky, just let them be at full life after fighting trash...
Even 0.5% passive regen is good...
There is a brilliant suggestion on reddit to make the Summon Skeleton ability more similar to the shrine effect where skeletons are summoned passively thus making the summon skeleton gem an aura.

My suggestion would be instead of an aura, make summon skeleton a spell that lasts for a certain amount of time (e.g. 10 second duration, summon every 2 seconds) and that way you don't feel obligated to go cast speed or spend your time summoning skeletons as fast as they die/expire. It feels a lot cooler to have passively summoned skeletons than to frantically try and pump out as many as fast as you can.

(Reddit post source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/62ltj9/suggestion_compromise_suggestion_about_summon/)
1 SKELETON PER CAST!!!
FUUUCK YOU GGG!!

SKELETONS ARE GREAT ADDITION TO ANY BUILD, AS A DEFENSIVE FODDER!!!

AND NOW YOU ARE ELIMINATING THAT!!!!! WTF!!!!
FUCK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

SKELETONS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A SKELETON ARMY!!!
MINION NERF BIG TIME MORE LIKE IT!! FUUUUCK!!

SKELETONS ARE WAAAY COOLER THAN ZOMBIES, BECAUSE THEY MAKE AN ARMY.. NOW THEY'RE GONNA BE LAME AS SHIT COOOOMMEE OOOOONNNN MAAANN!!!! THE FUUUUUUCKK!!!

Last edited by CaoMengde on Mar 31, 2017, 4:04:43 PM
"
UhhOmgRofl wrote:
"
Malbidion wrote:
Very excited to see Undead minions being addressed! However, I see no mention of tweaks to skeleton or zombie move speed. Nor their AI or ways to make them more survivable. If survivability is not a concern, then ways of making them easier or worthwhile to replace (such as Beacon of Corruption) need to be looked at. Also Jewels. One of the reasons why golems are so popular now is because of the introductions of the Primordial jewels and the effects those have. Golems are better DPS and nigh immortal with the right jewels.

Regardless, I am excited to see them being looked at. Can't wait for 3.0! Keep it up guys!

PS. Having spectres persist through logout would be a godsend. I avoid that skill like the plague because it's such a PITA to replace every time I log off or lose connection!

If you recast your zombie, the one that falls over will do beacon of corruption and spread chaos dmg...fyi

Oh I realize. The problem is the meta that you normally have to use to make them semi competitive usually requires you to reserve mana to the point that you don't have enough left to actually summon one, let alone several, without turning something off and waiting for your mana to regen. And their health pool is too small for Beacon's current iteration. The only way to make Beacon even remotely useful is to invest in Soul Weaver and use spectres for it.
So...Skeleton Warriors with that base block + Bone Offering
If I took that keystone that gives shield buffs to minions and was wearing that Ull Netol shield with the level 30 Reckoning built it, would Reckoning trigger from the Skeletons blocking?
I was never a fan of PoE's implementation of summoners. My D2 Necro was the shit with skellies and Revives back in the day, and I was trying to figure out why I enjoyed D2 summoner implementation so much more and it's because I didn't just have a minion army, I also had Bone Spirit and shield which basically didn't force a reliance on minions. I was effective even without a minion army. I don't feel like that's an option for me in PoE. I have to focus on minions otherwise they suck; sacrificing on some other killer spell ability.

Good thing PoE has like 100 other options for me to play besides summoner.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I can finally go back to playing my HC necro and totem SRS build.

"
Chris wrote:
Spectres
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

Spectres now also have a higher movement speed multiplier cap, so they can travel faster than before if their movement speed is significantly increased.

Sweet! Finally Spectres don't leave you in-between sessions.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
This doesn't stop minions from being dumb as bricks and not nearly reactive enough to threats. They need to be more aggressive.

These skeleton changes help... who exactly?

Persistent spectres would be great, but this reads as though that's still a long way off, so whoop dee freakin' doo.

Zombies will still be too slow without minion speed anything and everything.

If this is all meant to help summoners, I'm just not seeing how.
Skeletons are too goddamn frail and slow. So now it's harder to get them up in numbers from mob pack to mob pack, and they're still just as squishy.

How the shit is this going to work?

And don't mention that piece of shit queen's escape sword. Having to gimp yourself just to make your skeletons move faster is horse shit. They don't follow anyway so it's pointless.

So I guess only gimmick shit is viable now.
I can finally return to my original true love... Zombie summoner...... I am gonna rock a 6L spectre and 6L zombie set up... Gonna be the shiiiiiiiiiiit

Love these changes GGG. Keep 'em coming. Make summoners great again! (They used to be good back in snapshotting, even though I never abused the snapshotting bullshit myself)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info