Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

praise chris
ign: reidan
We got many uniques now that benefit zombies. Where the hell is the love for skeletons?

The Baron only transfers STR, not worth gimping yourself over that. The unique belt doesn't apply flasks to skeletons, which is BS. Mon'tregul's Grasp buffs the holy shit out of zombies, nothing like that for skeletons.

We got golem builds now, though they're costly as shit. Why can't we get some skeleton enabling builds other than some jewels and a garbage sword?

I don't even like zombies, I want a skeleton build. Zombies are shitty skeletons with flesh on them still. Haven't you guys at GGG learned yet that skeletons are the motherfucking shit? Everyone wants to be a skeleton, everyone aspires to it. Except people who want to be cremated.
Guys, I mean, I would write something if I wasn't stuck in a moment of pure joy. I'm sure a lot of people will have (meaningful) (hopefully...) objections, but I play summoners pretty much exclusively and I just can't help myself but feel excited.

Zombies are the bread and butter of summoners imho, I rely on my zombies a lot even though I know there are more effective options, and even though I know bolstering spectres is usually way easier and efficient. It just feels right to care about your zombies - your primary minion, and it's nice that you buff them and make them even more versatile (zombies as defensive shields are widely used already ofc). Regarding AI, they could be a bit more aggresive though, that's true.

Skeleton changes seem alright as well. Tbh, it's nice to have an army of dozens of skellies around, but, frankly, it's fair to admit summoners and performance are two words that don't go together too well. From what I've read, it might encourage - besides proper skeleton builds ofc - situational usage of skeletons, which is an idea I like a lot. Nowadays you either make your build around skeletons or you tend to omit them altogether. Throwing in some skeletons if you don't specialize in them is not really worth it, putting aside their vaal version (I'm generalizing ofc, maybe it's just my personal perception).

And don't let me started on spectres, we all know how big this change could be...

The only thing not mentioned I can think of right now is Animate Guardian (let's not forget about this guy, finding nice unique interactions for my Guardian is one of the most enjoyable things for me, and there's certainly some space for improving him) and mercenaries with custom names (in 2020 ofc...). Btw, I think you could cover both issues ^^ in a single solution heh.
Last edited by pathfinding on Mar 31, 2017, 6:45:37 PM
Please, please do not forget mirror arrow in all these changes. They deserve to have the attack speed cap lifted at this point. its completely unnecessary, and with how fast the content moves/spawns in later maps now, they are simply useless as a source of damage with this incredibly slow attack speed cap.
"
D3adGh0st wrote:
Useless feedback that will get ignored: plz don't nerf the number of skeletons. That's the whole point of them.

Precisely
Nice changes, we will see how it will work out. Maybe we finally will have more options for the endgame summoner with skeletons/zombies instead of "dried lake viable" builds and "look, i can kill t13 boss with 20ex gear" builds
So skeletons got:
+More DMG
+Faster attack speed
-only one summon per cast
-max 5: down from 6

But what about the combat/targeting-AI and movement speed? Are they still slow and dumb as usual? I hope not, now that they are less in total numbers.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 31, 2017, 8:30:28 PM
"
Chris wrote:

Spectres
We're hoping to have improvements to how spectres are stored, with the eventual goal of having spectres persist through logouts.

YES YES YES YES YES YES OH GOD THANK YOU !!!
Dear GGG,

I'm not very interested in how the minions will be buffed.
What I demand is improving AI of Zombies and Spectres.

I know reason why they are less aggressive compared to Skeletons.
It will be for the player to make control easy to them.

They will not immediately attack even if it find enemies.
And, when the player does aggressive act (attack or curse, etc), they get to target place.
That is no problem.
But also when the player uses offering skills to corpses, they get to that place.
I not want they to head to the place at corpses.

Please improve that they can correctly identify attack targets.
Why not just make a way Catarina can store a corpse in your hideout for re summoning the spectre. that way the "lvl" of corpse will only be what the player has seen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info