[2.6] LL PF Crit EK Nova (Probably the best EK Nova build out there)

Spoiler

Can do any map double beyond except for no leech and phys reflect (soon2b resolved too)

Decided against poison and went with phy&ele. Dps is much lower except for vs. Chimera and hydra (poison immune) 300k tooltip fully buffed not counting shock and projectile weakness.

The build is almost complete, just two more lvls and I switch crit dmg gem for lvl 4 empower which can be swapped for LL gem incase I need.

Overcharged is enough for sustaining p.charges, and generating them is easy with orb. Both mana and life leech you get from the warlord's attached to orb for easy sustaining.

Hydra was still very tough, but if you get the fight's mechanics you dont need dps in the first place.
Last edited by noobdw on Apr 23, 2017, 1:06:52 PM
"
noobdw wrote:
Spoiler

Can do any map double beyond except for no leech and phys reflect (soon2b resolved too)

Decided against poison and went with phy&ele. Dps is much lower except for vs. Chimera and hydra (poison immune) 300k tooltip fully buffed not counting shock and projectile weakness.

The build is almost complete, just two more lvls and I switch crit dmg gem for lvl 4 empower which can be swapped for LL gem incase I need.

Overcharged is enough for sustaining p.charges, and generating them is easy with orb. Both mana and life leech you get from the warlord's attached to orb for easy sustaining.

Hydra was still very tough, but if you get the fight's mechanics you dont need dps in the first place.

There's plenty i don't like in your build.
But if that's how you gonna build it, that's alright.
Playing around with PoB and realized that with proper links and tree you can almost quite literally double the DPS by going chaos w/ Sin's Rebirth on. That is with the cost of losing around ~1k+ ES and around 20% less crit chance (even with full 5 power charges).

Which is also (not)coincidentally the build Mathil used for his EK char. I was wondering how he managed to get 6mil dps with his EK, and after going through a bunch of different setups in PoB, going chaos is the only way to do it, sadly.

Not quite sure the ES loss is worth the extra dps though, since the current build is already a bit overkill for clearing everything up to T15 (I already oneshot beyond/essence bosses in high tier red maps with flasks on), and most end game bosses are not really an issue as long as we follow the mechanics.

Thoughts?

PS: I don't know how you people survived phys reflects tbh, even one rare reflect kills me if/when I crit if I landed more than 1-2 hits accidentally.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 23, 2017, 4:32:37 PM
"
Playing around with PoB and realized that with proper links and tree you can almost quite literally double the DPS by going chaos w/ Sin's Rebirth on. That is with the cost of losing around ~1k+ ES and around 20% less crit chance (even with full 5 power charges).

Which is also (not)coincidentally the build Mathil used for his EK char. I was wondering how he managed to get 6mil dps with his EK, and after going through a bunch of different setups in PoB, going chaos is the only way to do it, sadly.

Not quite sure the ES loss is worth the extra dps though, since the current build is already a bit overkill for clearing everything up to T15 (I already oneshot beyond/essence bosses in high tier red maps with flasks on), and most end game bosses are not really an issue as long as we follow the mechanics.

Thoughts?

PS: I don't know how you people survived phys reflects tbh, even one rare reflect kills me if/when I crit if I landed more than 1-2 hits accidentally.

Mathil did not have reliable crit for some chaos dmg.
I was not really of fan of his take on the build.

Wither totem can be build into my build.

You need 9k ES and flasks up for reflect.
That worked for me. I also used cwdt ic without endurance charges. (I kill any rare during that .6 seconds)
Vulner reflect still hurts. :D
"
Flutt3r wrote:
"

Thoughts?

Mathil did not have reliable crit for some chaos dmg.
I was not really of fan of his take on the build.

Wither totem can be build into my build.

You need 9k ES and flasks up for reflect.
That worked for me. I also used cwdt ic without endurance charges. (I kill any rare during that .6 seconds)
Vulner reflect still hurts. :D

Yeah, with his setup and my gear I have around ~75% crit chance with EK with everything on, with yours it's close to 100%. Chaos setup still give me a reliable crit as long as I have flasks and power charges up, so crit is not really an issue considering the huge gap in DPS difference between the two builds. And since the chaos version offers close to double the DPS even with lower crit chance, it means that if you do get lucky on the crits the practical DPS is actually significantly higher than just double.

My only two concerns are the ES loss, unless I have better rolls on shield and helmet, I'm stuck at around 8k ES compared to 9k+ with the current build. The other is the flask spot for Sin's Rebirth since I'm currently relying on Kiara for stun immunity (prior to Skyforth), so I can't really swap to Chaos just yet without it.

Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 24, 2017, 6:11:50 AM
I'm pretty much commited to this build, but I want to make a clear speed monster with HH and forget about single target.
So, my changes would be: drop master surgeon and nature adrenaline/master herbalist for master alchemist and veteran bowyer. It would allow me to have more unique flask and have better flask uptime and I lose poison which probably wouldnt be a problem with HH buffs or AS and MS which again wont be a problem with brightbeak shield charge and HH buffs. Drop empower for another link which will improve clear speed. Faster projectiles is my bet tbf. Lost damage would be recovered from unique flasks: Sin's rebirth and Taste of Hate. I don't plan using skyforths, I don't know if i should go brinerot for more dmg and some light res or voidwalkers for even more clear speed. Amulet would be a bisco's.
What do you think to my changes to make this build a clear speed monster? Has anyone done something similiar? Has anyone any video of EK full potential clear speed? Is EK projectile enchant really big QoL improvment?
"
I'm pretty much commited to this build, but I want to make a clear speed monster with HH and forget about single target.
So, my changes would be: drop master surgeon and nature adrenaline/master herbalist for master alchemist and veteran bowyer. It would allow me to have more unique flask and have better flask uptime and I lose poison which probably wouldnt be a problem with HH buffs or AS and MS which again wont be a problem with brightbeak shield charge and HH buffs. Drop empower for another link which will improve clear speed. Faster projectiles is my bet tbf. Lost damage would be recovered from unique flasks: Sin's rebirth and Taste of Hate. I don't plan using skyforths, I don't know if i should go brinerot for more dmg and some light res or voidwalkers for even more clear speed. Amulet would be a bisco's.
What do you think to my changes to make this build a clear speed monster? Has anyone done something similiar? Has anyone any video of EK full potential clear speed? Is EK projectile enchant really big QoL improvment?

Use chain for fastest clear speed.
Chain mechanic doesnt work with pierce, so voidwalkers are out of question.
I don't see how dropping silver flask helps your clearspeed either.
this is a dumb question i know, but i havent delved into poison.

How exactly do you poison mobs? i dont see anything in your tree that gives you poison?
Just waiting around.
-
Last edited by humble_genius on Jan 26, 2019, 3:53:22 PM
"
humble_genius wrote:
"
Wraithstar wrote:
this is a dumb question i know, but i havent delved into poison.

How exactly do you poison mobs? i dont see anything in your tree that gives you poison?

Master Herbalist ascendancy poisons enemies on hit while youre using a flask

ty my man!
Just waiting around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info