[2.6] LL PF Crit EK Nova (Probably the best EK Nova build out there)

"
Flutt3r wrote:
"
BloodShotEyes wrote:
I have a couple questions:

1. Do you get more damage from critical chance for spells vs flat spell damage? i.e. I am using a dagger, but i am trying to decided on what prefixes/suffixes are best.

2. Why not use Faster Casting gem vs. Increased Critical Strikes?

Hey!

1. Depends on your stats really.
120+ crit chance & 40+ spell dmg should be the bear minimum you have on your dagger tho. That stuff costs like 10c (divinarius costs even less). Crit multi is the 3rd stat to aim for.

2. I like reliable crit. 66% crit chance with diamond flask up means you crit almost 100% of the time. Clears better, freezes everything and generates flask charges faster.

Why do you use a level four Empower instead of a better scaling support gem like Added Fire damage for example.

Also, i am having a huge problem with manna. Even with 400 manna left over there is no leech. Izzaro, Shaper, ect.. bosses are a problem because of this manna issue.

maybe suggest reworking the tree a little bit or manna leech jewels?
"
BloodShotEyes wrote:
"
Flutt3r wrote:
"
BloodShotEyes wrote:
I have a couple questions:

1. Do you get more damage from critical chance for spells vs flat spell damage? i.e. I am using a dagger, but i am trying to decided on what prefixes/suffixes are best.

2. Why not use Faster Casting gem vs. Increased Critical Strikes?

Hey!

1. Depends on your stats really.
120+ crit chance & 40+ spell dmg should be the bear minimum you have on your dagger tho. That stuff costs like 10c (divinarius costs even less). Crit multi is the 3rd stat to aim for.

2. I like reliable crit. 66% crit chance with diamond flask up means you crit almost 100% of the time. Clears better, freezes everything and generates flask charges faster.

Why do you use a level four Empower instead of a better scaling support gem like Added Fire damage for example.

Also, i am having a huge problem with manna. Even with 400 manna left over there is no leech. Izzaro, Shaper, ect.. bosses are a problem because of this manna issue.

maybe suggest reworking the tree a little bit or manna leech jewels?

There's no better scaling support than Empower 4 as a 6th link.
Elemental damage doesn't do much for this build. No penetration, no ele scaling.
Empower on the other hand affects all your dps.

I just checked your character. You need 65% Critical strikes to SPELLS on your dagger m8.

You need Conversation vinktars, not dmg to attacks one.
This: 20% of Physical Damage Converted to Lightning during Flask effect

Mana leech on jewels doesnt effect EK, since it is a SPELL, not attack.

If you want to do shaper and guardians you need:
Arcane Chemistry
18-20% reduced flask charges used on belt
Conversion vinktars with 80-82% increased charges used. (80% is the best, the less the better)

So you need:
New Vinktars
Divine the boots to 100+ mana
Recraft the dagger with 65+ Crit to spells
21/20 EK
Shield charge instead if Whirling blades
Immun to freeze flask
levels! levels! levels!
Maybe a helm with 30% EK proj speed encha

The rest are pretty good!
Try Chain gem for mapping.
Just gotta chime in. I loveeeee this build so far! Still just playing around with gems and stuff. Sitting in h/o I have around 125k unbuffed. It's a beast.

I think the only thing risky about this build is the mana upkeep. It's hard when your Vinktar is out of business xD

Other than that. Great build :)

Edit: Added a 20/20 Vaal Clarity to the line up. Quality of life increases drastically haha. Don't know why I had held it off for so long. 8-9 seconds of spamming skills without worrying about mana. Lovely!

Last edited by atrolotenri on May 19, 2017, 12:32:54 PM
"
atrolotenri wrote:
Just gotta chime in. I loveeeee this build so far! Still just playing around with gems and stuff. Sitting in h/o I have around 125k unbuffed. It's a beast.

I think the only thing risky about this build is the mana upkeep. It's hard when your Vinktar is out of business xD

Other than that. Great build :)

Edit: Added a 20/20 Vaal Clarity to the line up. Quality of life increases drastically haha. Don't know why I had held it off for so long. 8-9 seconds of spamming skills without worrying about mana. Lovely!

Hey!

I'm glad you like it!
Really nice gear you have there!

If you get leech encha on your boots your mana issues will dissappear almost completely. (besides for guardians and shaper)

I'm not a fan of blasphemy vulner myself. The aoe is too small for mapping and you can just swap in a Witchfire flask for specific bosses if needed.
HoI + CoH + Blood magic + Poacher's mark is also a nice dps boost without the aoe restrictment. Sadly the mana on kill effect doesn't work with spells. Gaining 100% increased flask charges is also nice.
You can also drop the 4% reduced mana reservation passive that way and pick up more ES. (path through the "Written in blood" circle)

Yeah, i also loved popping vaal clarity, opening a breach and just sitting there spamming ek mindlessly. :D
Last edited by Flutt3r on May 20, 2017, 2:38:08 AM
Yea the blasphemy is just me being lazy at boss fights lol. I switched back to the curse on hit for general map clearing now. The enchantment on boots is going to take awhile. No luck enchanting that mod yet T_T

130k in hideout now
Vaal Clarity around 17 seconds now too

Slower Projectile instead of Chain fully buffed = 660k dps *drools*

Got rid of the cold resist on the shield for cast speed. Now I'm short 20 cold resists xD
Last edited by atrolotenri on May 20, 2017, 6:55:59 PM
I wish I had found this guide a lot sooner. It would have saved a LOT of time spent brain-storming. I don't regret any of it though, it was fun making LL EK with a bow and full ELE conversion.
(although it has a lot of downsides compared to your character... 2k less es, 70k less total dps, and no good movement skill. :< )

Gear
Spoiler

PoB pastebin link:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/jCh1wHvN

What would you recommend for sixth? Empower 3 or Crit Multi?
"
Aschere wrote:
What would you recommend for sixth? Empower 3 or Crit Multi?

Crit multi gives slightly less dps than Emp 4 and is certainly better than Emp 3 if you have ~60%+ buffed crit chance.
Hi everyone!
Got a problem
I have been building a kind of that build(clear CI version) for about a month, invested about 20 exhalts(it's a lot for me, for I play for 7-9 hours a week), and still...

I cannot sustain huge bosses. That's it. I got 64k dps in HO, I have life/mana leech enchant for Brinerot whailers, 8,5k ES pool and still, I can not sustain bosses. Today I ruined Normal(!) Atziri while dealing with the trinity, I couldn't get them till my flasks were empty, and Vinktar's square for the same reason - during the effect of flasks it's ok, but then they end...

Build is still very satisfying while mapping, It's very fast and sustainable in huge crouds of beyonds and breaches.

Well, I appreciate any help, tell me please, what should I change.
Or it can sustain bosses only with legaсy Vinktar's and it's worth killing someone to get it?
And pardon my English - it's not my native, you know.

Been playing this build and have to say I love it so much. It's very fun and I think i'll be doing it every league at some point.

I have 1 input advice on gear though. For necklace, if you can fit it in with resists, choir of the storm. It fits perfectly with the build and adds some pretty absurd UMPH to the build. Not that it really needs it too much but it's still pretty sexy, especially with vinktars up. My lightning res isn't even too overcapped and it added almost 15% crit chance alone, with vinktars its prob over 20%. Then your crits doing 50% more lightning dmg...its really good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info