[2.6] LL PF Crit EK Nova (Probably the best EK Nova build out there)

Hey Flutt3r, what's your setup for shaper? I've tried shaper for the first time today and kind of bombed it on the third phase, wondering if there's anything I can optimize on.
"
nommi wrote:
Hey Flutt3r, what's your setup for shaper? I've tried shaper for the first time today and kind of bombed it on the third phase, wondering if there's anything I can optimize on.

My current tree & Gear
Witchfire instead of silver, immun to freeze quicksilver (was thinking about switching to mana flask between phases)
AA instead of HoI.

Other things to try:
- Dual curse is also an option with Blasphemy. Might need lvl 4 enlighten for that tho.
- Could shove a wither totem in there. I have not tried it yet tho. (Need to recolour and link for that...)
- Or vaal discipline instead of clarity. Idk if phase run still works.
- Phase run
Last edited by Flutt3r on Apr 12, 2017, 8:19:07 AM
"
Flutt3r wrote:
"
wittodit wrote:
So I'm guessing using Inc Crit/Cont Dest out performs damage wise

Hello!

I'm not sure to be honest.
I'd never drop Cont Dest tho. 44% more is 44% more.
I also like to crit reliably, so yeah, i prefer my setup.

My chaos dmg per hit with atziri flask in hideout (With Pierce) is: 4800-7300
Feel free to compare that to yours. (Let me know whats yours pls!)

Haven't you checked with PoB? because the answer is very clear there. For the record :

Helloka, current gear at the time of this post, comparison with 4 Power Charges, Vulnerability, Normal Mobs, Hatred, Haste, Herald of Ice vs normal mobs :
20/20 Inc. Crit Strikes, 20/20 Cont. Des : 235,165.5 EK (+4305.8 Poison @2.4s) DPS, 60.44% crit
20/20 Added Chaos, 20/20 Void Manipulation : 157,559.1 EK (+4571.6 Poison @2.4) DPS, 45.42% crit
so if i get +100% chance to avoid being stunned , it means i have stun immunity ??
"
AirSuckit wrote:
so if i get +100% chance to avoid being stunned , it means i have stun immunity ??

Yeah, same as Chayula amulet as far as i know.
I haven't got stunned with 94% at all.
Great build, still leveling it, though I'm having some pretty severe mana issues with prolonged boss fights (with no adds) without Skyforth since lacking power charges in a fight means I'm having issues maintaining Vinktar charges (I'm sitting at 45% EK crit chance unbuffed) thus no mana leech. Thinking about using Warlord's Mark/Clarity 20 as a temporary measure, but that'd mean I'd be dropping Haste.

"
Flutt3r wrote:
It is Shaper, Guardians & Uber Atziri viable!
(You need to use ~35-38 flask charges from Vinktar.)

I don't know how this is possible though. Even with T1 belt suffix (20%) and a perfect roll Vinktar (80%) it'd still be 43 charges per use, am I missing something here?

TL;DR : Ran out of flasks and died.
Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 20, 2017, 3:17:51 AM
I decided to dissemble the character as i have no time to play much this league anymore.
I'm gonna build a Vaal Power Syphon Ci PF phys + ele wander and do some atlas shenanigans. Wonder how it's gonna turn out.

Still, this character was the best i ever had (And i played Voltaxic LA & BV PF at their peak). Yeah, the whole gear's worth about 110 ex but i doubt there's a better build for endgame mapping in this patch.

"
Great build, still leveling it, though I'm having some pretty severe mana issues with prolonged boss fights (with no adds) without Skyforth since lacking power charges in a fight means I'm having issues maintaining Vinktar charges (I'm sitting at 45% EK crit chance unbuffed) thus no mana leech. Thinking about using Warlord's Mark/Clarity 20 as a temporary measure, but that'd mean I'd be dropping Haste.

"
Flutt3r wrote:
It is Shaper, Guardians & Uber Atziri viable!
(You need to use ~35-38 flask charges from Vinktar.)

I don't know how this is possible though. Even with T1 belt suffix (20%) and a perfect roll Vinktar (80%) it'd still be 43 charges per use, am I missing something here?

TL;DR : Ran out of flasks and died.

Hello!

Arcane Chemistry has 15% reduced flask charges used.
You should really not need it tho, unless you fight Shaper/Guardians/Uber Atziri.

Do you swap Chain gem with Pierce/Slower proj for bosses?
There really shouldn't be prolonged bossfights with this build. I killed T14-15 bosses in less than 2-3 seconds with Chain.
I guess you are running too high level maps compared to your character level?

45% unbuffed crit is decent.
You can try to shove in Orb of storms + Power charge on Critical Strikes somewhere. I'm not sure you have room for it without Skyforth's tho.

Your gear is quite good. Some mana would help much from rings/gloves. (Honestly, that was the best thing about Skyforths. 400 unreserved mana.) Maybe pick up Dreamer since you use Leap jewel anyways?

Your next steps should be:
- Get more levels.
- Command of Steel's circle would give you ~1200 es.
- 4-stat jewels are 10-15% TOTAL dps increase each. Try to get them with ES + 7-8 cast speed + Spell/proj/phys dmg or multi.
- Divine them boots. (max proj dmg is 40)
- 20% quality your gloves
Last edited by Flutt3r on Apr 20, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
"
Flutt3r wrote:

Hello!

Arcane Chemistry has 15% reduced flask charges used.
You should really not need it tho, unless you fight Shaper/Guardians/Uber Atziri.

Do you swap Chain gem with Pierce/Slower proj for bosses?
There really shouldn't be prolonged bossfights with this build. I killed T14-15 bosses in less than 2-3 seconds with Chain.
I guess you are running too high level maps compared to your character level?

45% unbuffed crit is decent.
You can try to shove in Orb of storms + Power charge on Critical Strikes somewhere. I'm not sure you have room for it without Skyforth's tho.

Your gear is quite good. Some mana would help much from rings/gloves. (Honestly, that was the best thing about Skyforths. 400 unreserved mana.) Maybe pick up Dreamer since you use Leap jewel anyways?

Your next steps should be:
- Get more levels.
- Command of Steel's circle would give you ~1200 es.
- 4-stat jewels are 10-15% TOTAL dps increase each. Try to get them with ES + 7-8 cast speed + Spell/proj/phys dmg or multi.
- Divine them boots. (max proj dmg is 40)
- 20% quality your gloves

Ah nice thanks! This is what I'm missing, still a huge point investment though. And yeah, I'll divine them boots later.

I did however modified the tree a bit, dropped Haste and replaced it with Clarity 20 until I get my Skyforth and dropped the HoI setup and one jewel for intuitive leap and overcharged + dual curse setup, this nets me a significant increase in DPS output. I'm considering on going chaos later on since with Sin's Rebirth a chaos setup offers better damage output but I'll lose a significant chunk of stun avoidance without Skyforth. The thing about command of steel is that it relies very heavily on getting a better shield which is a huge investment. Which is why I opted for Unnatural Calm instead (at least for now), which according to PoB gives me a very close amount of ES.

Aside from those, I like your setup better than the other EK builds, mostly because the dps output is more stable due to inc. crit gem.

Last edited by ultimatecat on Apr 21, 2017, 5:25:35 AM
Onslaught doesn't give more than 20% attack, cast, movement speed, since flask effect doesn't affect mods like Onslaught/Unholy Might etc.
"
Marttern wrote:
Onslaught doesn't give more than 20% attack, cast, movement speed, since flask effect doesn't affect mods like Onslaught/Unholy Might etc.

Spell Echo gem still affects the cast speed afaik.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info