Creating Sound Effects for Path of Exile

Neato
Last edited by Romados on Mar 28, 2017, 10:16:25 PM
You guys are pretty good, Andrew. :o
Hey, that's pretty good!
Creating sound effects is something I have thought about getting into. I have been playing a lot with both software and hardware synthesizers, and it is quite interesting some of the stuff you can make with them that are not musical at all! I have accidentally made a few little sound effects here and there I saved in case I ever need them. This is a great post and great insight for someone like me to read about. I would love to see more about the sound engineering used in my favorite game!
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Never really gave sounds and sound effects (and how much work they require) any thought.

Neat.
There's something I have been wondering for a while. The sound of a dying human enemy (like the ones around the beach area in Act 1) is the exact same as that of Rogues in Act 1 of Diablo 2. Is that sound effect in the public domain somewhere?

EDIT: Here's his response on Reddit.
"
Nope! As soon as I saw the art come through the pipe, I knew that I'd have to invoke some nostalgia.
I attempted to create a similar sound from scratch. Happy to hear that it's doing the job!
Last edited by Hier00 on Mar 29, 2017, 4:26:19 AM
I'm creating a game myself, it's great to have an understanding of the inner workings of an established company. Thanks for the dev blogs
boooring... :P
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Do you speak goat?
Saved
I'm wondering if you used your own sound engine before the sound system switch you did (i don't remember when).
I don't know if it's new but their (FMOD) indie free license is quite nice. Even if i've the feeling if you feel the need of this engine, you're probably with a development budget above 500k$ but i may be wrong.

Interesting article, thanks o/.
Last edited by Harest on Mar 29, 2017, 12:53:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info