Is it time to devalue currency in Standard?

i'd be happy if tomorrow ggg wiped all the exalts and mirrors from standard

i've been always playing standard because i dont like to start everytime from 0 and i enjoy playing with the items i got through the months or years.
it takes me Months to find all the jewels i need for my build, so the grind never really ends.

but standard is league after league dead and more dead, especially this league is the first time that in some hours of the day there are 6-7 empty spaces in the public parties, this never happened before.

everytime a league ends, players coming from league sell high amount of currency to get exa and create massive currency inflation.

i really wonder why everyone is in a rush to sell them for exalted even if they don't play standard, rmt?
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Mar 28, 2017, 2:51:52 PM
Standard is permanent what part of that is hard to understand? You want fresh economy play ladders.

There is may reason to have permanence.

Casuals like my brother who is like 88 after 2 years.

SSF who have accumulated everything finally after years.

Guys who want perfect gear. (min maxers)

etc

New players should be playing ladders. Unless you know what you are doing with trading you'll never make anything in std. Plus sales are slow and frustrating when 95% of people are in ladder when you whisper. Or man up and SSF. You don't need to trade to get to the top. Anheart proves that.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 28, 2017, 3:06:50 PM
"
PayneK wrote:
I find people who only play leagues and call "standard" a dumping ground or a dumpster really stupid.

This would be my conversation to one of you guys:

"
Q: Why do you people play leagues?
To try out the new stuff and have fun. Make characters, get items, defeat enemies, trade and play with others.
"
Q: What do you do with all those super expensive uniques from that league?
Let them rot in Standard. It would take more effort to go delete them.
"
Q: So you are rich, what do you do with the money?
I'm not rich -- standard items are worthless.
"
Q: OK so then when will you actually play standard?
Never; would rather save my time and energy for the next league.

---

I'm not sure how useful these real answers are since your mind is made up, but maybe this gives a window into a different kind of gameplay.
People play standard? How weird.
Wish someone inside GGG suggested a hard reset of Standard when 3.0 hits
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
"
Quo210 wrote:

there will be a league reset, its called temp leagues, they happen every 3 months.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Quo210 wrote:

there will be a league reset, its called temp leagues, they happen every 3 months.

I know. I mean a reset ON the standard League. Wipe everything, or wipe the currency, all the currency. Leave behind only armors, weapons, gems, currently equipped on the character. Empty every single inventory, stash and guild stash. Economy resets are violent but usually lead to decent results on big games.
Hail build Diversity,
Death to the speed clear meta.
What you described is exactly why temp leagues are fun. So just play them then.
"
Quo210 wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Quo210 wrote:

I know. I mean a reset ON the standard League. Wipe everything, or wipe the currency, all the currency. Leave behind only armors, weapons, gems, currently equipped on the character. Empty every single inventory, stash and guild stash. Economy resets are violent but usually lead to decent results on big games.

yeah, its called temp leagues, like I said that happens every 3 months. Standard is a perm league, why would they reset a perm league that is supposed to never reset when they have temp leagues that constantly reset in order to fulfill the need for fresh starts?
Really just need a currency sink besides crafting. We need some awesome looking skins/skill effects that can only be purchased with exalted orbs. Like 50-100ex per.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info