3.0... Slowing down the game a tad maybe?

"
Tarille wrote:
"
However, this whole post makes the GGG playerbase sound like a bubble. GGG (by definition) cannot simply continue to increase speed to infinity, and there will come a point that no amount of "appeasing to the fast" will retain the "shit-ton" that would leave otherwise.

I mean... Theoretically, they could try working on slowing down the game in baby steps.

Like, instead of literally just forcing EVERYONE to play slow. Start with an OPTION to play slow that is comparable to Speedy Gonzalez: Atlas of Worlds.

Start with stuff like, conversion jewels and keystones that convert Attack Speed/Cast Speed to damage (To help with APM, though not necessarily clear speed)

Make +monster health come with additional IIR/IIQ/Experience.

Implement a system so that time spent on a map increases IIR/IIQ/Experience gained.

Do it well enough that slow play becomes COMPARABLE (You can't make it the same, otherwise slow play would become king due to fewer maps required) and then you'd get a viable slow play type game for those who like it.

Which would then give them data about how to go about moving forwards (If slow play shows far greater numbers than the sanic style, then they could implement larger, gamewide changes to make the game as a whole slower)

I'm not sure "time spent on a map" would work, as it sounds like, no matter what the qualifiers are, it could be abused.

+monster health IIQ/IIR/EXP bonuses wouldn't help either, as you still have to spam the same screen-and-server-abusing skills you do now, and MORE of them to boot.

I know what you are going for though.

I'm not saying it would be popular, but there is at least a precedent to a globa-nerf. Many leagues ago, GGG nerfed +maxlife nodes across the board, compensating it (at least at the time) by a global reduction in monster damage. A similar change, resulting in the "global nerf" of attack speed nodes/supports, while at the same time giving a global reduction to monster health, would be the current equivalent of that.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Last edited by themousemaster on Apr 6, 2017, 9:03:44 AM
"
I'm not sure "time spent on a map" would work, as it sounds like, no matter what the qualifiers are, it could be abused.

+monster health IIQ/IIR/EXP bonuses wouldn't help either, as you still have to spam the same screen-and-server-abusing skills you do now, and MORE of them to boot.

I know what you are going for though.

I'm not saying it would be popular, but there is at least a precedent to a globa-nerf. Many leagues ago, GGG nerfed +maxlife nodes across the board, compensating it (at least at the time) by a global reduction in monster damage. A similar change, resulting in the "global nerf" of attack speed nodes/supports, while at the same time giving a global reduction to monster health, would be the current equivalent of that.

It's possible that time spent on map could be abused. For example, someone just afking until they get a decent bonus then speed clearing.

However, if that's what someone wants to do? Go for it. Meanwhile you'd have slow players just playing normally and getting that bonus anyway (If you really want to cut down abuse, make it so its time spent recently in combat. In addition, you could also put a restriction on how much bonus you could get per enemy so you couldn't just build a ton of regen and have a single dude attack you while you AFK)

As far as the +monster health goes... If it also became mutually exclusive with Increased Pack Size then it might help. So screen-wiping skill users would default to their IPS maps, while a slow player would default to IMH.

It's all an effort to suggest changes that wouldn't be so global, at least to ease into potentially global changes. So as to not upset a playerbase that relies on speed play to continue liking the game.

As far as global changes to affect attack speed go... There's a number of possibilities they could do.

They could do as you suggest, nerf AS nodes and reduce monster health (Though that could directly impact non-AS builds. Such as DoT builds that don't care about AS. As well as those builds that just one shot packs anyway)

They could also directly adjust attack speed nodes and convert a portion of them into damage (For example, Berserking going from 12% attack speed > 8% attack speed and 4% attack damage)

They could adjust Multistrike and Spell Echo to work similarly to Dual Strike, which does 2 hits simultaneously rather than them being multiple hits in succession.

They could put in an aforementioned keystone that converts attack speed kind of like how Iron Reflexes converts Evasion to Armour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info