3.X - Remaking the CI Brokenfinder Wander

Ok thank you so much for the build and answers!
"
Nephalim wrote:
For the most part there is very little variation between CI wand builds in terms of gear gear and passive wise unless you think using choir is a radical build difference.

Passive wise there is very little variation between CI And LL.

The fact there are about 8 threads for the same 2-3 wand build is pretty damn stupid. Not sure why everyone jumped on the wand train in 2.6 after wands get nerfed hard on the base crit chance.

"
revo_style wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply guys! Have never played wander before. If I use an ele wand for this build the tree is still the same right? (hard to get a good phy one in temp league)

Literally no reason to use a physical wand unless you want to spend 280 exalts for a
~10% dps gain. The following does more than badbuild's current wand with the same physical tree. As in, tempest blast and winter intact.

I started my thread off saying that because everyone else is posting their setups, I figured I would make a actual thread for mine instead of having people look at my profile when I'm asked a question. This just makes it a bit easier. I never claimed that this is some radically new build.

As to the wand train, I didn't jump on in 2.6. I've played it since at least 2.1 for sure. Started off back with the old scion hype with the free leech and what-not, moved to pathfinder before Dying Sun/Vinktar cheese for mainly just the movespeed after Scion got nerfed. Took a small break and tried out some spec throw and stuff after the pierce/frost wall change and came back to wanding pretty quickly because nothing is more visually satisfying than KB imo

@ your wand, I've yet to own a ele wand that I like more than my phys wand. I also haven't yet have one that gives me more damage either (Tooltip atleast). Although that is given that the best ele wand I've owned is in the original post and that did give me 1k more top-end lightning damage, despite still a lower tooltip. I don't actually use PoB though, never really cared for having the best true setup or worried about having the highest numbers since this works just fine for me. I will slightly agree though in that I sold my old Foe Bite because I didn't think it was worth the cost after Pierce/Frost wall was fixed.
Last edited by BadBuild on Apr 2, 2017, 1:53:16 AM
The comment about too many threads was not directed at you. And yes, KB is the most satisfying skill in the game even if it's often relegated to a 4 link or an afterthought to barrage dps comparisons.

On the topic of authorship, there is no such thing as a build patent and the person who popularizes a build may not always be the person that created it but the associated is almost made.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 2, 2017, 1:59:52 AM
Followed ur guide and put 2 empower into a 4l, along wif englighten, wrath.... end up tink only 1x empower is taken into consideration. :(

In fact, my lvl 4 empower shows as +3 on the wrath item only... not +4. ? :(
"
dunaskmey wrote:
Followed ur guide and put 2 empower into a 4l, along wif englighten, wrath.... end up tink only 1x empower is taken into consideration. :(

In fact, my lvl 4 empower shows as +3 on the wrath item only... not +4. ? :(

Level 4 Empower only gives +3 to active gems, Empowers do not give level to other support gems (such as Enlighten or Empower) and you cannot use the same support gem. Running 2 Empower's won't give +6 levels because only 1 will work

Edit: Just looked at your char and it looks alright. One thing though is since you're using a ele wand and not a phys, you don't need the Winter Spirit nodes or Tempest Blast since they aren't doing much for you. I would highly recommend upgrading your wand though to a faster base (Imbued is best imo) and getting a crit chance roll. Your current prefix's are really nice, but a slow wand with lowish crit isn't ideal
Last edited by BadBuild on Apr 6, 2017, 9:05:24 AM
how's headhunter for this build?
"
micha2240 wrote:
how's headhunter for this build?

It's ideal for clear speed oriented players but it will hurt your single target vs high end bosses like guardians and shapers since it has no resists/ES or DPS. Using it means making considerable sacrifices elsewhere to gear.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

standing on 6.7 ES , tooltip isnt event close .. lvl 85 still but whats wrong here ? feeling kinda squishy and dmg is kinda low

Feeling pretty good! Melted Hydra with it. Have not gotten any other guardian maps yet. Looking for suggestions to further improve it
Last edited by lsymsun on Apr 7, 2017, 12:02:17 AM
"
micha2240 wrote:

standing on 6.7 ES , tooltip isnt event close .. lvl 85 still but whats wrong here ? feeling kinda squishy and dmg is kinda low

Damn.. those r some nice gear mate.... :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info