A little about the 'botting epidemic' that's going on ATM

"
Olbrannon wrote:
Piety ...is a stalker

Especially when you play a Duelist, her lines are pure gold. I like women that live in harmony with their desires.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I think this is being blown a little bit out of proportion. Sure there are bots, but to say its an epidemic or even remotely a small percentage of the population is ridiculous to the point of absurdity. I am typically very critical of GGG especially with regards to the balance and constant nerfing, but GGG has done a pretty good job banning against hacks and bots.

As far as I have seen/heard a few fringe bots exist and there is the AutoHotkey Autologout bullshit which will probably never go away though...because lets be honest its autohotkey.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Mar 27, 2017, 12:53:24 PM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
I think this is being blown a little bit out of proportion. Sure there are bots, but to say its an epidemic or even remotely a small percentage of the population is ridiculous to the point of absurdity. I am typically very critical of GGG especially with regards to the balance and constant nerfing, but GGG has done a pretty good job banning against hacks and bots.

As far as I have seen/heard a few fringe bots exist and there is the AutoHotkey Autologout bullshit which will probably never go away though...because lets be honest its autohotkey.

Note the quotes around epidemic in the title ;)

Only noticed because I've noticed on a much greater scale than in past leagues.

As Chris said, it's clearly not a major problem but evidence would suggest that the number of bots is growing right now.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I'm Sure Chris is working on banning the bots..... right?
I'd give them mirrors with scripts of a vaal orb and SSF them before banning :)

I'm evil I know :(
"
minezeye wrote:
Slick movesby GGG...

But still looks ugly ingame , and the sheer visual volume of cheating this league is major a turn off to newer , time constrained and economically struggling players.

What a bunch of bologna.

"Major turn off" for new players. Yeah, because that's all new players are looking out for and see all the time are bots running rampant! Give me a break! That's the last thing a new player cares about.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Mar 28, 2017, 6:57:29 PM
Another 1st world nonssf problems
Lol I have seen these very characteristic groups of rag 35 lvl witches in merci for ages.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info