A little about the 'botting epidemic' that's going on ATM

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

This begs the question: "What are your core problems right now?"

+1

There's a part 3 to Dev Q&A coming right? :)
Sorry for misuse of the idiom... "begs the question". I really meant provokes.
The beauty of Garena merge.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:
On a scale of 1-10, how badly do you want to murder botters?

5. Botting isn't a core problem for us right now (despite it looking that way when you see them in town).

If 0 is not at all and 10 is absolutely, I'd say 5 is something like "I'd pull the trigger without hesitation if I saw one but I'm not going to hunt them down."

Which might seem lazy but let's take comfort in the fact that 5 is still a considerable amount of murderous intent.

i would say 5 is between not wanting to kill them and kill them so 5 is like want to kill them but don't have to guts to pull the trigger xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
It's also not Chris's job to hunt down botters. I'm sure there's someone with that somewhere down the list of responsibilities though.
"
Chris wrote:
While I haven't investigated this specific case, please note that we've found out in the past that it's often better to disable trading on mass bot accounts so that it takes the owners a while to work it out (wasting their time) rather than banning outright. There's more strategy to this than may be apparent.

Does disabling trade also prevent them from joining a party and dropping items on the ground?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
satanttin wrote:

i would say 5 is between not wanting to kill them and kill them so 5 is like want to kill them but don't have to guts to pull the trigger xd

You don't quite understand scales then. They're not a binary.

Chris pulls the trigger on bots far more than you think. I've seen it happen. He smiles as he does it.

i do understand scales very well :') never said it was binary...
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
While I haven't investigated this specific case, please note that we've found out in the past that it's often better to disable trading on mass bot accounts so that it takes the owners a while to work it out (wasting their time) rather than banning outright. There's more strategy to this than may be apparent.

Does disabling trade also prevent them from joining a party and dropping items on the ground?

it's like setting all characters of an account to the current ssf mode, without the option to cancel it.
looks like ssf mode was a byproduct of their anti-botting fight, nice.

---

when i had to guess what's their main problem now i would guess: economy (trading) and player's league progression.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:
On a scale of 1-10, how badly do you want to murder botters?

5. Botting isn't a core problem for us right now (despite it looking that way when you see them in town).

If 0 is not at all and 10 is absolutely, I'd say 5 is something like "I'd pull the trigger without hesitation if I saw one but I'm not going to hunt them down."

Which might seem lazy but let's take comfort in the fact that 5 is still a considerable amount of murderous intent.

That was not his personal but for the community. "You might not seeing the blatant executions in public but it has to go silently and patiently."
Stop Bombing Syria
/Flu_prevention_mode ON
Moment Joon 【Passport & Garcon】https://bit.ly/2wXiUSj
MonoNeon 【Put On Earth For You】https://bit.ly/3I22mru
I find more alarming that players don't read NPC dialogue at all, it would be clear that her name reads as 'Vanya' otherwise.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info