My personal wishlist for 3.0 (SSF perspective)

Better rares
Currently the chance of getting a decent rare item in the endgame is too low. Especially in the SSF league this phenomenon is noticeable.
I would like to propose a few things:
- Remove affixes on items that are generally considered not to be useful. Examples are elemental resistances on weapons, light radius and a lowered attribute requirement on gear and so on.

- Chaos spamming should result in slowly improving results instead of full randomness. The server could do more than one roll after spending X chaos orbs in a row and give back the one with the best results. In the case of chaos spamming the one with the highest sum of affix level rolls. (not affix count) I consider the chaos spamming the most important thing to improve. This way also the rare items on quest rewards could be improved to with adding an invisible bonus on the unidentified rare item so that they are not 99.999% of the time vendor food. Also rare items dropping from very difficult monsters can have this invisible bonus so that the quality of the drop is not only measured in drop count, but also in rare item quality.

- A new vendor recipe. 2 rare items of the same item type (2 plated greaves or 2 vaal regalia) and an orb of fusing result in a new rare item with affixes that are randomly selected from the given rare items. This way you can recycle a lot of decent rare items with a few high and a few low rolls and it creates a new gambling option. Items cannot be mirrored and items cannot be corrupted.

Improve the skill instead of creating unique jewels
I like the threshold jewels that improve the functionality of certain barely used skill gems but this is a bad thing for SSF players. The chance of finding the correct jewel for your skill is very low. Also I believe the threshold jewels are sort of a wrong direction of balancing your skill gems. They should be perfectly viable and balanced without threshold jewels.

Improve SSF (slightly)
Currently I play a SSF character and I really like it. Drop rates of uniques are in my opinion very good. They are pretty common but it is still special to find one.
I already talked about rares and the lack of quality. I would like to have an option to make your characters permanently SSF with a (400%?) increase in divination card drop chance. Finding those cards is fun and it’s also a good way to grind your way in a certain direction when you are playing SSF. This would be the last thing for me to never go back to the trading league.

League stones as a core functionality
Maybe a lower droprate of league stones but I like them so much!
Other random encounters like shrines and strongboxes can be removed from the random rotation.

More wishes might follow.
Last edited by Kaw on Mar 21, 2017, 12:00:38 PM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 11:39:39 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I (re)realized that the drop rate of sextants is really bad.

Currently owning:

1.) I have not used a single one on the Atlas yet
2.) I've used 2x Journeyman + 3x Apprentice to un-complete a map

So in total I've looted 10x apprentice & 2x journeyman. Sextants need a farmable div card, or something.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Removing the "bad" rolls wouldn't solve your problem... it would make it worse. You would simply shift your standards of evaluation to match the new environment. You would still feel that 99.9% of the rares you got were bad... because that's how you define bad.

Drop rates and item generation doesn't enter into it.

Your perceptions of good/bad are the only thing that matters.

All that would happen if they removed "bad" rolls is that what are now considered marginal rolls would be moved down to "bad" status and you'd be back asking for their removal as well.
increased loot drops of any type = NO
biased drops (better items) = NO

This won't be a thing unless GGG bind everything to the account or make it so that you can't interact in any way with the other leagues, because if they didn't it would be exploited
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
increased loot drops of any type = NO
biased drops (better items) = NO

This won't be a thing unless GGG bind everything to the account or make it so that you can't interact in any way with the other leagues, because if they didn't it would be exploited

BUT HE'S SSF. Non-SSF be damned. EVERYTHING BALANCED AROUND SSF FOEVERRRR
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
BUT HE'S SSF. Non-SSF be damned. EVERYTHING BALANCED AROUND SSF FOEVERRRR

:P right up to the point he decides he can make a profit selling his GG items he gained with a boosted rate
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Dear sour grapes,

I wasn't talking about removing the bad rolls. I was talking about removing the bad affixes on rare items or are you using the increased light distance for example?

And am I the only one vendoring thousands of rares all the time without bothering to really look into their rolls knowing they are rubbish without exception? I see streamers not even picking up rares anymore. That's not a good sign or is it?

Even without SSF in mind the state of rares suck big time. Or maybe I am not grindy enough for this game?... I just don't like the repetition again and again of vendoring stashes of rares for every map I play just for the 0.001% chance of finding a rare that's worth keeping. I would prefer less rares but better quality rolls. Just to avoid the repetition of using 2-3 portals to vendor the rares I find. And that's including ignoring low level base types.
'Removing the bad rolls' would result in (more or less) all "good" items, or not?
->Thats impossible. The huge majority of the drops has to be "crap" by design.

Further thought: if we start here, "why not just keep T1 affixes" at some point? ->silly.

Then: where should the server know from, what's useful? Some may be happy with their resistances on the dual wielded dagger instead of a shield... What about energy shield on a life build, or life at a CI?

Ever more: why, and how, should the server know how often an item had been rerolled before? What about Scouring/Alchemy instead of Chaos spam? I dont say it would be impossible to add such functionality, but I see much more side effects to consider than obvious. And, honestly, I dont see a qualified need for such a change.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I'm not for removing "bad" rolls, but some low rolls on high lvl items should go imho.
Just as low levels items can't roll high tier affixes, high lvl ones (and I'm thinking map high, so lvl 70+) shouldn't be able to roll the lowest tiers affixes. Nothing gamebreaking, but a small step in making high lvl rares (and blues) a bit better and worth picking up.
Alternative make only relatively high bases drop in high content, so that you'd still end up having a better chance at a good drop. [having both would be too much...]
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
SSF is supposed to be harder and more challenging. If you start asking for better rolls because you struggle finding gear, then SSF is not for you. It takes solid grinding and full clearing, maximizing chances with league stones etc etc.

SSF will be even harder next league, unless they retain the league stones.

EDIT : SSF must never become Dev Assisted Mode.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Mar 22, 2017, 11:00:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info