[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

How does replacing Kaom's with a 6L Belly for Cyclone work out with this build ? What would you add in to the cyclone link with 2 more links ?
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
sivertry wrote:
How to use wise oak flask on boss when I'm using taste of hate same time? Or should I just use a silver flask instead of wise oak?
Currently my 6L in axe gems are molten strike-weapon ele-ele focus-fire pen-conc effect-multi strike, is this best setup for copy ammy? I noticed op using projectile gem is it better?

the gems you're using right now is optimal, and what is copy ammy?
drop taste of hate is the easiest way, use a basalt flask instead

I meant xoph ammy lol auto correct
Thx for the response, so wise oak is better than taste of hate then if we have to pick one
One of the amusing things about this build, as you level it up, is that it's hard to really tell how powerful it is. With Cyclone not doing a ton of damage, and the delay for the Molten Burst projectiles to hit, everything has a slight delay in dying. Makes the kills feel slower on lower tier maps. As I've progressed up to T15s, there's been almost no change in clear speed. Enemies hit harder, but the DPS is awesome.

Ran my first guardian with this build last night, Minotaur. Had a couple deaths trying to see how much I could face tank him. (Obviously due to the "couple deaths" part, not quite at full face-tank abilities, hah). Still working off a 5L Molten Strike, so there's certainly more DPS to be had. Adding Ele Focus as a 6th link on MS would be a really strong single-target boost.

Since I'm running the less popular Starkonja's, I was able to grab this fairly cheap yesterday:

Gives me an extra jewel socket since I only need 1 Wildfire. Ideally I'd get the Uber version with 3 projectiles and drop both Wildfire jewels for life/damage rares.

"
sourtimer wrote:
How does replacing Kaom's with a 6L Belly for Cyclone work out with this build ? What would you add in to the cyclone link with 2 more links ?

I'm running BotB, but I think it's better served to put Molten Strike there. There's not much use in boosting Cyclone damage since the Molten Burst proc does all the work. Molten Strike in Belly of the Beast allows you to use all 6 sockets in the weapon to scale the Molten Burst damage, instead of only 4 with Molten Strike, which requires the skill gem itself and Multistrike, neither of which affect the Molten Burst projectiles.

You just have to be aware you're losing 700-900 HP from Kaom's. I modified my tree to go RT and take more jewel slots, minimizing the life lost. I also switched to Starkonja's which has a fat HP roll on it, and doesn't lose too much compared to Devoto's.

"
sivertry wrote:
Spoiler
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
sivertry wrote:
How to use wise oak flask on boss when I'm using taste of hate same time? Or should I just use a silver flask instead of wise oak?
Currently my 6L in axe gems are molten strike-weapon ele-ele focus-fire pen-conc effect-multi strike, is this best setup for copy ammy? I noticed op using projectile gem is it better?

the gems you're using right now is optimal, and what is copy ammy?
drop taste of hate is the easiest way, use a basalt flask instead

I meant xoph ammy lol auto correct
Thx for the response, so wise oak is better than taste of hate then if we have to pick one

I don't have Path of Building handy to check the numbers, but Taste of Hate only offers a smaller DPS boost with Xoph's. Avatar of Fire converts 50% of your cold damage to fire. It should effectively act like a temporary Herald of Ash boost. Wise Oak penetrates 20% of fire resistance (assuming you ensure your uncapped fire res is highest.) It's also a little easier to keep up, consuming 20 of 50 charges instead of 30 of 60 on ToH. Wise Oak also makes running Ele Weakness maps no challenge. As 69wanted69 said, a Basalt Flask will give you a flat, additive 20% physical damage reduction.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Mar 30, 2017, 12:10:20 PM
"
69wanted69 wrote:
"
"
69wanted69 wrote:
holy fuck seeing this shit triggers me so much, he just explained why its not worth it why do you insist on a yes no answer? you had a dumb idea, he fucking tells you why. Now stop being annoying.

Yeah he explained in this message why it's not worth going to scion life wheel. The other two messages he pretty much said ''go and try and figure it out for yourself'' and tried to answer questions with questions. That is not the appropriate way to handle questions people put out. I noticed people do this quite a bit on the poe forum.

And it's because you got ''triggered'' from something that didn't even involved you that you didn't put much thought into this message here.

so you cant just simply put it in poe skill tree building and see what you gain/lost? the reason why he said no is cos it literally made 0 sense to go to that wheel
http://poeplanner.com/
use this, this will tell you whether or not your idea is dumb.
and also when you ask questions, show your reasoning/motive behind it, you sound like a troll when the tree already has 200%+ life.

HELLO!

I already got what I wanted from the questions I asked so I don't know what you're trying to do here jumping into something that was done and over with. Just stop and drop it dude lol.
Last edited by GEIxBattleRifle on Mar 30, 2017, 3:19:53 PM
Hey man

Decided to try this build, currently lvl 60 atm and pretty much facerolling all content right now.

One question

What kind of jewels do you recommend for this build

I only unlocked one socket right now and dumped an attack speed jewel in there just to have some benefits.

Any uniques that synergize well with this build?
"
Alpropos wrote:
Hey man

Decided to try this build, currently lvl 60 atm and pretty much facerolling all content right now.

One question

What kind of jewels do you recommend for this build

I only unlocked one socket right now and dumped an attack speed jewel in there just to have some benefits.

Any uniques that synergize well with this build?

Im using two Wildfire jewels, combined with the +3 molten strike enchantment on helm, it really makes MS a powerhouse. The other jewels are Life and as much ias as you can get (usually axe + generic).

I'll update the main page soon with changes both from ingame testing and feedback here soon for an even better build =)
Hey its a great build but i'm still kind of squishy at normal atziri and i cant seem to figure out how u dont need to get intelligence on your gear, im kind of stuck with some rolls to look for because of i need intelligence to be able to use lvl 19-20 conc effect or inc aoe.

Adding the gear in here too, maybe some of you can suggest what should I be doing, my damage is quite low aswell.
Spoiler
NVM.
Last edited by Freakey_ on Mar 30, 2017, 10:25:45 PM
whelp, fucking ripped to a trap in Merc Lab cause I lagged out was dead before I knew it. hit 78 and doing tier 6~7 rares quite easily. Great build fun while it lasted. See you in 3.0 folks
Elemental Focus Support on axe?
is better then PPADS?

Why don't use Resolute tecnique?
Crit Chance is like 5% and with RT 100% chance to hit instead ~80% is better or not?
Last edited by Beskaius on Mar 31, 2017, 1:51:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info