[2.6] Ngamahu Molten strike / Cyclone combo | Fast Clearing | Deathless Shaper and t16s! | Videos

"
Geraki117 wrote:

hmmm I see, I'll try to get more HP then, I switched my chars tab public I didn't realize it was private.

would you mind looking my shit and telling me any pointers that could help?

Pretty much your entire gear-set needs a rework. You've got the ammy and the axe, which is a big part of the build, so that helps.

Very first thing, take Herald of Ash out of the weapon. While the socket does nothing for Molten Strike, every socket affects the Molten Burst proc from the weapon. Put something like Added Fire or Fire Pen in that spot.

Second, I don't know what your budget is right now, but there should be a lot of easy, cheap upgrades you can get. Mostly, you want 70+ life rolls on all your gear, at least 60+ on the rings.

1) Chest piece. You can get a 6-link white (or magic or rare) armor for 20 or 30 chaos. Throw a couple Deafening Essence of Greed at it and you can pretty easily get a decent 120+ life armor with some resistances on it. The armor/evasion numbers don't matter all that much. Alternatively, you can pick up Belly of the Beast which is pretty cheap as well, but it won't be a 6-link obviously.

1a) If you aren't wearing Kaom's, you're much better off putting Molten Strike in your armor. You can devote all 6 sockets in the weapon to increasing the Molten Burst proc damage. You can greatly boost the single target damage of Molten Strike dedicating the slots in the armor. Personally I went with WED - PPAD - Conc - GMP - Added Fire - Fire Pen in the weapon. Molten - Multi Strike - WED - Ele Focus - Conc - Added Fire in the chest.

2) Get rid of Doryani's. You can find a rare belt with good life rolls, WED, and resistances for cheap. Potentially a Rustic for Phys% too. This build has low damage mitigation, so you need your health pool as high as possible. You need the life rolls.

3) Same applies to the gloves and boots. Looks like you focused on getting high Armor rolls, which is fine, but less of what you need. Boots you want the MS, high life roll, and as many resistances as you can get. For your gloves, again you want high life roll and filling out resistances. Ideally you'd be able to craft attack speed on an open suffix.

4) Rings tend to get more expensive, but look for either a good phys damage roll or WED roll. Look for life and resistances, as usual.

5) Flasks. Get rid of Sorrow of the Divine. It's an energy shield flask. Drop the regular Bismuth flask for the Wise Oak. In addition to the res, if you make sure your fire res is the highest value, it offers 20% fire penetration. A Basalt flask is your friend if you want physical mitigation. Granite is nice too, but Basalt offers a flat, additive 20% reduction.

Overall, you should be able to find some cheap gear upgrades to make those lower maps manageable. Once you're cruising through those, you can save up for better gear to tackle the higher maps.

"
Hoffer wrote:
I was messing around in Path of Building and it seems like added fire damage gives more damage than fire pen for the 6th link? It's hard to tell if it's calculating correctly or not. PoB seems to separate the molten strike and the magma balls.

The thing to be wary of is the default calculation doesn't factor in enemy resistances. I think most enemies in Merc/Maps have 30-40% resistance. Fire resistant bosses could be 75% to 85%.

Looking at my character in PoB, using the Molten Strike Magma Balls as the target, at 0% resistances Added Fire is 25k DPS better. At 75% fire resistance, Added Fire is still better, but only by less than 1k. At the max of 85, Pen becomes about 2500 better.

It's pretty rare to run into the fully fire resistant bosses, and even then, the difference between Added Fire and Fire Pen is pretty slim.

Now that's taking into account Flammability as well. Since enemies can have curse resistance, that can change the value as well. WITHOUT Flammability, Fire Pen starts being a better choice at 35% resistances.

PoB calculates separates the two because the damage is calculated per magma ball. It won't assume the DPS because it can't determine how many magma balls will actually hit an enemy.

Overll, the more resistant to fire damage an enemy is, the stronger Fire Pen becomes.

"
sivertry wrote:
"
sivertry wrote:
hi should we be using flame or ice golem? with ice golem my hit chance is 88, with one ring adding 300 accuracy already. do i need my other ring with accuracy as well or 88 is good enough

hi since theres no answer to my question yet, i want to rephrase it a bit.
currently my hit chance is 88% with ice golem and a 300 accuracy ring. Is it good enough? Hit chance will get lower when I lvl up more as well, currently lv 82.

I noticed OP doesnt have any accuracy on gears, is elemental overload worth all the pathing up there and making gearing harder cos of accuracy?

elemental overload uptime isnt that consistent cos my crit chance is like 6%, instead of pathing up there we can get resolute technique and grab stuff like wrecking ball plus primeval force and blood siphon etc?

Most people shoot for about 85% accuracy. Up to 90% is great. Elemental Overload is a 40% more multiplier, which is incredibly strong.

Personally I went with RT. EO has higher burst potential, but as you stated RT allows you to ignore accuracy and frees up a few nodes to get more base damage. It's certainly a valid option. I did Minotaur on a 5L Molten Strike with RT. Had a couple deaths, but that was more due to testing if I could face tank some of his hits at the time.
If I were to buy a really good pair of gloves and decide to use essence of insanity on them, will it just add the ''socketed gems have 16% more attack and cast speed'' without changing the other stats?

Never used high end essences before and I don't want to make a mistake using it on 30C gloves and all the stats get changed on it.
"
If I were to buy a really good pair of gloves and decide to use essence of insanity on them, will it just add the ''socketed gems have 16% more attack and cast speed'' without changing the other stats?

Never used high end essences before and I don't want to make a mistake using it on 30C gloves and all the stats get changed on it.

It re-rolls everything. It acts like a Chaos orb, with one guaranteed role. Everything else is random.
"
"

It re-rolls everything. It acts like a Chaos orb, with one guaranteed role. Everything else is random.

Thank you for the response just wanted to make sure since I'm working on a budget here and don't want to waste chaos orbs on RNG right now.
"
"
Geraki117 wrote:

hmmm I see, I'll try to get more HP then, I switched my chars tab public I didn't realize it was private.

Pretty much your entire gear-set needs a rework. You've got the ammy and the axe, which is a big part of the build, so that helps.

Very first thing, take Herald of Ash out of the weapon. While the socket does nothing for Molten Strike, every socket affects the Molten Burst proc from the weapon. Put something like Added Fire or Fire Pen in that spot.

Second, I don't know what your budget is right now, but there should be a lot of easy, cheap upgrades you can get. Mostly, you want 70+ life rolls on all your gear, at least 60+ on the rings.

1) Chest piece. You can get a 6-link white (or magic or rare) armor for 20 or 30 chaos. Throw a couple Deafening Essence of Greed at it and you can pretty easily get a decent 120+ life armor with some resistances on it. The armor/evasion numbers don't matter all that much. Alternatively, you can pick up Belly of the Beast which is pretty cheap as well, but it won't be a 6-link obviously.

1a) If you aren't wearing Kaom's, you're much better off putting Molten Strike in your armor. You can devote all 6 sockets in the weapon to increasing the Molten Burst proc damage. You can greatly boost the single target damage of Molten Strike dedicating the slots in the armor. Personally I went with WED - PPAD - Conc - GMP - Added Fire - Fire Pen in the weapon. Molten - Multi Strike - WED - Ele Focus - Conc - Added Fire in the chest.

2) Get rid of Doryani's. You can find a rare belt with good life rolls, WED, and resistances for cheap. Potentially a Rustic for Phys% too. This build has low damage mitigation, so you need your health pool as high as possible. You need the life rolls.

3) Same applies to the gloves and boots. Looks like you focused on getting high Armor rolls, which is fine, but less of what you need. Boots you want the MS, high life roll, and as many resistances as you can get. For your gloves, again you want high life roll and filling out resistances. Ideally you'd be able to craft attack speed on an open suffix.

4) Rings tend to get more expensive, but look for either a good phys damage roll or WED roll. Look for life and resistances, as usual.

5) Flasks. Get rid of Sorrow of the Divine. It's an energy shield flask. Drop the regular Bismuth flask for the Wise Oak. In addition to the res, if you make sure your fire res is the highest value, it offers 20% fire penetration. A Basalt flask is your friend if you want physical mitigation. Granite is nice too, but Basalt offers a flat, additive 20% reduction.

Overall, you should be able to find some cheap gear upgrades to make those lower maps manageable. Once you're cruising through those, you can save up for better gear to tackle the higher maps.

hi thanks for the advice and insight good sir!

I have another question, that Starkonja helm says "50% less damage taken when low life"
that means you recieve 50% less damage? :o from phys and ele or only phys?

thanks!
"
Geraki117 wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
Geraki117 wrote:

hi thanks for the advice and insight good sir!

I have another question, that Starkonja helm says "50% less damage taken when low life"
that means you recieve 50% less damage? :o from phys and ele or only phys?

thanks!

Starkonja's is 50% reduced damage on Low Life, and it applies to your damage. If you're on low life, you do less damage and have more evasion. However, the "reduced" part (not "less") iss additive and doesn't really lower your damage by all that much. What's more, this build has almost no time spent at low life. You're either full, nearly full, or dead.

I think it's a great option if you aren't using Kaom's and don't mind losing the movement speed from Devoto's.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Apr 3, 2017, 12:26:38 AM
"
Geraki117 wrote:
I'm lvl 70 I can't use Kaom cause I then have very little armor ( 3k almost )

I damage okay but at sometimes I just cannot out leech damage my res are maxed I have litte life like 3.5k but I just don't know how to increase my health with kaom i get like 5k but then I'm very very very weak :C how do I link my items so someone helps me?

no, fuck armor, armor is trash.
you're very weak? what do you think armor gives you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9VTa73wmIw watch this as he exlpains why armor is trash.
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 3, 2017, 2:09:19 AM
"
sivertry wrote:
"
sivertry wrote:
hi should we be using flame or ice golem? with ice golem my hit chance is 88, with one ring adding 300 accuracy already. do i need my other ring with accuracy as well or 88 is good enough

hi since theres no answer to my question yet, i want to rephrase it a bit.
currently my hit chance is 88% with ice golem and a 300 accuracy ring. Is it good enough? Hit chance will get lower when I lvl up more as well, currently lv 82.

I noticed OP doesnt have any accuracy on gears, is elemental overload worth all the pathing up there and making gearing harder cos of accuracy?

elemental overload uptime isnt that consistent cos my crit chance is like 6%, instead of pathing up there we can get resolute technique and grab stuff like wrecking ball plus primeval force and blood siphon etc?

88% is good enough, moten strike shoots out 30 meatball each time you press it, with molten burst theres even more balls. ele overload is easy to proc when you have so many hits per sec.
if you're that worried then get versatility or precision and you'll be fine.
also have you picked up slaughter? that node gives 25% acc
Last edited by 69wanted69 on Apr 3, 2017, 2:20:29 AM
How come you use Wildfire Jewels/Molten Strike head enchants with Molten Burst? I just tested them and they don't add any projectiles to Molten Burst.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, now I realized you're using a Molten Strike Hybrid.
Last edited by luluch on Apr 3, 2017, 11:02:54 AM
So for the past few days I've been working on an idea that makes sense because I enjoy CI. It will probably be slightly less effective than a Life based Raider version, but not by much.

At work so here's a very quick mockup. I know it's a lot of points but /shrug just subtract damage nodes until the higher levels
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQcSIACBr-sB0aJA9PihIsSilwYZisM6Kjgi6tsaEHu-OvVLwQDndG1stUjrYxEvNj1VhaXLKwpd8g5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauwYLL8V14auVmPBxYhCHdlDVPRxf8aTJ76KytO0DGwLIvRtGRFQNbmnKx1P2VsbJUuu6QLqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJBfkV8PljVP695qOK7g5W-nfXFHWkwhjbdPGPYG8nmmoj0yFgQKBeE-9OYVKGYCyFWhoirzhTduc6UjJ-DjwUcfjr6hj3MnzZ891oZfsJ9toaj0a302-bJt1GY6cRgX8r_W5-3Xj5jblfcINtPL7Y1RcmeoTQrUHQAAAAAAA=

I understand my leech wont be like a Zerkers. That's what the zerker is based upon, but with some leech from the tree and Warlords mark running, I'll leech just fine with Vaal pact.

I'll have around 12k ES and I'll be able to run Warlords and Flammability in a Heretics Veil and a Discipline all off my mana.

It probably needs a few tweaks and this tree is going from memory rather than the one I've spent more time on at home (remember I'm at work atm), but I'd like to get your thoughts on it anyway.

Cyclone will be run in a 6 link thanks to using a Vaal Regalia instead of a Kaoms and I'm positive the 6L Molten Strike in Ngamahu's will be enough DPS for all bosses.

What do you think @69wanted69 and @krilox ?

Bear in mind this isn't about being better, it's more about it being viable and along the lines of what I like. Def not trying to overthrow anyones build here.

EDIT: Oh yes. I've got like a 20 exalt budget to play with if that matters.
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Apr 3, 2017, 8:17:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info