Economy breaking bug unfixed for many days - What should happen?

What rattles me the most is how GGG handles the PR of that whole thing. One post on Reddit which just says "It was fixed quickly" and "It wasnt of the implied significance".

The bug was there for more than A WEEK and could potentially generate multiple hundreds ex worth of items a day. We're now at the point where chayula items are half the prize they where in breach league at this point.

If that's not a significant impact on economy, then what is?

So why is chris himself just going on Reddit, posting obvious lies as damage control measures and then the thread gets locked and nobody gives a statement again ever?
ok
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Mar 21, 2017, 2:08:05 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
I have a feeling not a single offender will be punished given the statement by GGG that i was a localized event.

Time will tell, but this is becoming a PR issue to say the least.

Pretty sure this will be swept under the rug like every PR mess in the past.
GGG will just keep silent until the smoke clears.

I for one just feel like my entire time on this league has been lessened and lost a lot of my motivation to continue playing.

Ya welcome to PR culture LOL

I work with a lot of cross functional teams, some of which are tasked to reduce the impact of blowups. GGG definitely has this down, and all the parasites on Reddit will ofc upvote his post. These idiots don't realize, if Chris were to respond at all, the answer would be the same every time. Like this is PR 101, we'll never find out the true extent of the damage, but the fuhrer is not gonna come out and tell everyone there was a big issue by any means.

"
FelFelFel wrote:
What rattles me the most is how GGG handles the PR of that whole thing. One post on Reddit which just says "It was fixed quickly" and "It wasnt of the implied significance".

The bug was there for more than A WEEK and could potentially generate multiple hundreds ex worth of items a day. We're now at the point where chayula items are half the prize they where in breach league at this point.

If that's not a significant impact on economy, then what is?

So why is chris himself just going on Reddit, posting obvious lies as damage control measures and then the thread gets locked and nobody gives a statement again ever?

Chris could post a picture of him taking a shit and Reddit parasites would still upvote
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Mar 20, 2017, 9:20:20 PM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

I work with a lot of cross functional teams, some of which are tasked to fan the flames of any blowups.

Um... that saying might not mean the thing you think it does.

Unless it does, in which case, that sounds like the kind of PR team I would like to be on! Reminds me of that restaurant where the servers give bad service on purpose. Doesn't seem like a terribly sustainable business model, though.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Mar 20, 2017, 9:19:52 PM
so wait, you think GGG deliberately try to make the blowup worse ? because thats what fanning the flame implies...
"
grepman wrote:
so wait, you think GGG deliberately try to make the blowup worse ? because thats what fanning the flame implies...

Oh, jesus LOL

I thought he meant the other part

Ye w/e edited
"
Economy breaking bug unfixed for many days - What should happen?

In my opinion, the best and most productive course of action is for everyone to freak out, make a bunch of threads about it, and cry about how badly this affects their life. It will help for sure.
seems like working as intended to me <.<, not my fault it would not consume the stone.
(why do i never know about those things s.s)
Last edited by spoc002 on Mar 20, 2017, 9:37:06 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
my guess is that they assumed a player has to be in instance for stone to consume the stone charge, yet the stone charge is applied to map beforehand its consumption. consumption is not concurrent.

It would be great if it was atomic, but atomicity may not be possible depending on their back end (i.e. requiring transactions).

Removing the charge then generating the map would switch from the worst case being 0 charges instead of the worst case being infinite charges, which is presumably the band-aid that they applied.
obviously its all speculation, but as long as they have a way to access a players stone even outside the instance/when player is logged out/etc, this shouldnt be a problem actually.

the main problem isnt that its not atomic, the problem is that it's not treated as atomic.
once map loading button is clicked, the stone should not have a charge anymore. if thats not possible, it should have a grace period where it cannot be used and when it should have a charge removed during that period.

again, Im not pretending to know what mechanism they use on the backend, but it could be as silly as

instance.getparentinstance().getactorwhoiscreator().stones.decrementall();

obviously this is a very contrived call stack model but if your actor who is creator is not in parent instance= boom.

whereas if they can do something like this:
instance.getcreatorbyname().stones.decrementall()
then it shouldnt inflict any problems;

as long as they have access to stones of a person in another zone/logged out/etc, it should be a done deal. stones charges should decrement regardless where the player is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info