Economy breaking bug unfixed for many days - What should happen?

"
so how do people even discover this stuff in the first place? Beta testing?Data mining? Im not a coder or have any idea of the interworkings of a game such as this. How the hell does one just naturally come across stuff like this.

This kinda feels like we are all gerbils that get our daily coin to go get our daily food pellet. You, the fool, take your coin,get your pellet and you are done. This smart guy, he takes his coin and taps it on the wall, says a prayer to the prince of jupiter and boom he gets 3000 pellets..... feelsbadman

dont really need to be a coder, maybe having some kind of mindset of a tester but not really...

think about it, theres a new feature that is a consumable item, which adds mods to maps and consumes these mods from the item on instance creation.

so there are some use cases I can create if it works properly, having to do with creating instances (via maps) and consuming items:

1. open map, disconnect
2. open map, tcp disconnect
3. open map, remove the stones fast
4. open map, zone to another place
5. open map, drop the item (similar to #3, in eternal lab)

and these are just very basic use cases that SHOULD be checked.
the consumer producer model in this case is so simple, it should be embarrassing for GGG to have such a bug

my guess is that they assumed a player has to be in instance for stone to consume the stone charge, yet the stone charge is applied to map beforehand its consumption. consumption is not concurrent.
Last edited by grepman on Mar 20, 2017, 5:49:15 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Luckily, the true ethical players of SSF remain unaffected.

Spoiler
Apply salt if burned.

Peace,

-Boem-

Wouldn't it be ironic if SSF using this exploit got banned?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I dont know but it is really disturbing GGG didnt say anything about it. Even if it was a hotfix they always just say it. People made who knows how much and GGG says nothing, reddit ignores this fact and goes after the guy who spoke out. Really disturbing imo. For once, just for once maybe we should point fingers at GGG too this time. It was, after all, reported days earlier and there is nothing else players can do. If it is there for days and days people are gonna use it unfortunately
"
ugurxay wrote:
I dont know but it is really disturbing GGG didnt say anything about it. Even if it was a hotfix they always just say it. People made who knows how much and GGG says nothing, reddit ignores this fact and goes after the guy who spoke out. Really disturbing imo. For once, just for once maybe we should point fingers at GGG too this time. It was, after all, reported days earlier and there is nothing else players can do. If it is there for days and days people are gonna use it unfortunately
they didnt say anything about it to limit the impact and outrage. but it's fully blown up now.
I have a feeling not a single offender will be punished given the statement by GGG that i was a localized event.

Maybe a few people with a handful of mirrors is not considered league warping?
Please GGG, do not make your final league before 3.0 look like a joke and the game as a whole a place where exploiters and abusers get away scotch free.
Last edited by Nephalim on Mar 20, 2017, 6:08:40 PM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
I was really confused last week when a guy offered me 50c for a +3 splinters chayla breachstone. It is safe to say that I was happy with the trade and kinda curious to know how he was planning on getting returns from that investment...

Lol you easy get 50c return from 5x +3 splinters chayula breaches without using any exploit at all.
Last edited by Krayken on Mar 20, 2017, 6:11:20 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I have a feeling not a single offender will be punished given the statement by GGG that i was a localized event.

Time will tell, but this is becoming a PR issue to say the least.
"
"
Nephalim wrote:

Time will tell, but this is becoming a PR issue to say the least.

Pretty sure this will be swept under the rug like every PR mess in the past.
GGG will just keep silent until the smoke clears.

I for one just feel like my entire time on this league has been lessened and lost a lot of my motivation to continue playing.
"
grepman wrote:
my guess is that they assumed a player has to be in instance for stone to consume the stone charge, yet the stone charge is applied to map beforehand its consumption. consumption is not concurrent.

It would be great if it was atomic, but atomicity may not be possible depending on their back end (i.e. requiring transactions).

Removing the charge then generating the map would switch from the worst case being 0 charges instead of the worst case being infinite charges, which is presumably the band-aid that they applied.
Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my opinion and thoughts on this bug that has outraged a lot of people in the community, including myself.

I don't mean to offend anyone personally by this post, everything here is just my opinion and should be considered as a perspective of a player, who's already spent a lot of hours in PoE and Legacy League.

I was more shocked not by the bug itself, as these things can and will happen, but how GGG has decided to face this problem by... not facing it at all. Let me explain, what I mean by that. This bug has undeniably affected the league's economy and at this moment we can surely say that its impact has been huge.

From my perspective, what should the company do to issue this problem and solve it correctly, acknowledging their respect to their customers? I'd expect a manifest, which would include the position of developers on how this bug has affected economy, at least stating that all who have abused it would be banned and simply making the community know that they respect us by showing that they're ready to face the outrage and accept their own mistakes.

Instead, some guy has to create a post on reddit in order to show fellow players the problem and how it was not solved for such a long time. Trying to evade the storm completely, GGG has implemented a fix in hopes that nobody will find out about the fact that the bug has existed in the first place.

And all that just shows me is that GGG doesn't respect their playerbase, as they've tried to simply dodge responsibility for it. I understand, that that could be a decent strategy for damage control, however in my eyes GGG have lost a lot more than if they'd announce this bug publicly.

Thank you for your attention, wish you all guys a nice day. I'm very sad, just like a lot of us are.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info