Krillson?

CmonBruh stop it everyone knows its a troll thing just let it go
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

... The people saying that fishing doesn't exist are the ones trolling.

Ok I'm trying to keep an open mind about fishing in PoE, but since I've NEVER SEEN A FISH LINKED in the forums it's hard to believe that fishing is not just an abandoned idea that remains as a "troll" thing... Can you provide such fish?
Way I see it, there are few reasons as to why noone has ever linked a fish (yet):

-fishing is known to only few people who are all very secretive about it ( really unlikely imho)
-fishing is not implemented in PoE, you just have items like fishing rods and rhoa feathers but can't catch anything with them ingame
-you actually can fish and you don't catch fish, but items/currency instead (unlikely, but possible).

Care to debate/explain? ;-)

The biggest frustration I have is that the goalposts keep getting moved. I worked out some of the basics behind fishing in PoE long before the first rod was ever found, and I was ridiculed. I asked what I had to do to prove fishing was reel, and they said link a rod. It took a long time, but sure as shit in the end I did, and I turned out to be entirely right about the whole stuff with Fairgraves and whatever else.

Now you want a fish. When you get it (and I assure you, you will see a verified consumable fish on these forums, posted by me) the goalposts will move again, you'll start demanding nets, boats and whatever else you can think of.

Another aspect to this whole thing is motive, which frankly I'm running out of. Proving reality to people does nothing for me. I try my best to help them and I end up getting ridiculed. In that sense you could say I'm a lot like Jesus. He had fish too, fed loads of people with them, and still ended up getting crucified.

I can assure, when you'll post a verified fish I will believe you! But I won't crucify you if you won't :-D
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
MonstaMunch wrote:

... The people saying that fishing doesn't exist are the ones trolling.

Ok I'm trying to keep an open mind about fishing in PoE, but since I've NEVER SEEN A FISH LINKED in the forums it's hard to believe that fishing is not just an abandoned idea that remains as a "troll" thing... Can you provide such fish?
Way I see it, there are few reasons as to why noone has ever linked a fish (yet):

-fishing is known to only few people who are all very secretive about it ( really unlikely imho)
-fishing is not implemented in PoE, you just have items like fishing rods and rhoa feathers but can't catch anything with them ingame
-you actually can fish and you don't catch fish, but items/currency instead (unlikely, but possible).

The biggest frustration I have is that the goalposts keep getting moved. I worked out some of the basics behind fishing in PoE long before the first rod was ever found, and I was ridiculed. I asked what I had to do to prove fishing was reel, and they said link a rod. It took a long time, but sure as shit in the end I did, and I turned out to be entirely right about the whole stuff with Fairgraves and whatever else.

Now you want a fish. When you get it (and I assure you, you will see a verified consumable fish on these forums, posted by me) the goalposts will move again, you'll start demanding nets, boats and whatever else you can think of.

Another aspect to this whole thing is motive, which frankly I'm running out of. Proving reality to people does nothing for me. I try my best to help them and I end up getting ridiculed. In that sense you could say I'm a lot like Jesus. He had fish too, fed loads of people with them, and still ended up getting crucified.

"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

So please teach us how to fish :)
"
Wazz72 wrote:

Feel free to take everything I type here with a grain of salt. I really like following the different fishing themed Easter Eggs in the game. All of the time spent looking for and tracking these things have lead to a few theories about your above question/conversation points.

There are two common ways I have seen fishing implemented in other games. The first is just interactivity with your environment. There are fish shadows in the water and you can cast into the water at any point. There are no changes to the UI or controls. As a player, you just watch the bobber on the water surface and press the appropriate button when you think a fish is on the hook. Think Dark Cloud or Animal Crossing.

The second way is as a mini-game with a set UI and specific controls. In many of these mini-games you have a bar (or many) providing line strength, how far away the fish is, water current, tension, etc. These could also be done as quick time events. Once you have met the criteria for the mini-game the fish is caught. Think Zelda, Torchlight, Breath of Fire or Stardew Valley.

I do not believe fishing exists in Path of Exile the same way as the two mentioned above. To me fishing in this game is completing a Krillson, Master fisherman quest. Hopefully this makes sense so far, now onto your three points.

fishing is known to only few people who are all very secretive about it
  • At this point I think most people agree Krillson is a real master who can spawn. Even this morning another screenshot was shared to reddit. To me this question is really, "Only a few people have solved Krillson's quest." And this is possible, highly unlikely, but possible. He has two known quests 'rainbowstrides' and '4 exotic fish.' All attempts I have seen at completing these quests have ended the same way, with the exile leaving the instance and letting Krillson get to his next fishing hole. I would assume an exile who has completed a Krillson quest would want to brag about it, which is why I don't think a solution is known.

fishing is not implemented in PoE, you just have items like fishing rods and rhoa feathers but can't catch anything with them ingame
  • yes and no. Yes, because you need a fishing rod to initiate the Krillson quest chain. No, because I think the rest of the fishing related Easter Eggs are in the game out of tradition and a reminder to try and solve the only master quest not yet completed. Also side note, Feathers have been in the game much longer than Krillson, and slightly longer than fishing rods. Feathers were added back in closed beta, but their addition to the game is not mentioned in any of the patch notes we have access to via the wiki.

you actually can fish and you don't catch fish, but items/currency instead
  • I believe the reward for completing a Krillson quest is a fish. I do believe Monsta's Diamond Supporter design has not been found and was used to create the quest reward from Krillson. Given his post history, a fish makes the most sense.

While a little crazy, I still hope this made some amount of sense.
Krillson spawned for me in a Castle Ruins map early in the season. I was vaguely aware that there was an easter egg fishing NPC, but knew little else, other than the /trade links of fishing poles. I got a kick out of Chris's monotone flavor dialogue. Stayed on screen long enough to see if any guildmates wanted to zone in for a screenshot, got no takers, and left the screen. All in all, it was a fun easter egg to come across.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
/snip

One of the most legit posts I've read in ages, though of course I can't confirm or deny any of it.

Here's something for anyone who has seen Krillson in game (and knows he's real) to consider; There are still people who think he doesn't actually exist. I found him back when we still had globe girls with tits, and of course was accused of lying despite taking multiple screenshots.
Spoiler

"
ImSlower wrote:
Stayed on screen long enough to see if any guildmates wanted to zone in for a screenshot

It wouldn't have worked. Unless things have changed, they would be unable to see him and would instead accuse you of trolling.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 20, 2017, 10:27:20 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
ChronoExile wrote:
/snip

"
ImSlower wrote:
Stayed on screen long enough to see if any guildmates wanted to zone in for a screenshot

It wouldn't have worked. Unless things have changed, they would be unable to see him and would instead accuse you of trolling.

I've invited two players into my Krillson zone, none of them could see Krillson.

Other players who came across Krillson, also mentioned that their friends couldn't see Krillson.

0:41 in below video clip, look at chat, player confirms that he cannot see Krillson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aan7z2O-MNk
Last edited by raymogi on Apr 20, 2017, 11:42:59 AM
Thx Chronoexile and Monstamunch for the replies and input.

I do believe that Krillson exists (and that the fishing debate is prior to him) and the idea of a fish as his quests' reward is intriguing, yet I still haven't seen a linked one, so either nobody has solved his quest yet or the few who did didn't brag about it or this is simply not true.

Will wait and see where this goes... and if you happen to find Krillson say hi to him for me ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
It's a troll and here's proof.
"Hi I'm Krillson of Winding Pier Fame"
Hi I'm Chris Wilson of Grinding Gear Games. Get it? lol..
SSF, because Path of Trade RMTers and bots suck.
"
Iamod wrote:
It's a troll and here's proof.
"Hi I'm Krillson of Winding Pier Fame"
Hi I'm Chris Wilson of Grinding Gear Games. Get it? lol..

"They share the same blood. The one in their veins and the one on their face"

Oh look, Atziri told a joke, therefore she's just a troll and has no use at all in game.

Thanks for the logic bomb m8.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info