[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

Hi

i recenrtly levelt a ll ek assassin but its Not really what i was looking for. so simple question can i respec my assa or would the dps loss
too big. i know it will be slower movementspeed wise so i just Need to know of it would be viable with the goal of t16's.

Ty for any reply and gl to all

literally just found this as i was about to spend a few exalts crafting. not the best but it meets your suggestion! skyforths next...
First of all, thanks for the great build! having lots of fun with it :)

I would need some guidance on how to progress my damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DeusExMachina91/characters
Charactername: MTXclaws (Legacy League, not standard one!)

I know i have the wrong enchant on helm etc. But the main thing im asking for is where is my money best spent to increase my dmg?

Thanks!

edit (more info):

Hideout dps (with hatred and HoA): 94k
Chance to hit: 91%
Crit chance: 29.99%
crit-multi: 409%

I also have a 860ES chest im trying to color.. but its not going good so far.

Screenshot of my HO-dps: http://imgur.com/a/0KMUO
Last edited by DeusExMachina91 on Apr 22, 2017, 7:18:55 AM
"
First of all, thanks for the great build! having lots of fun with it :)

I would need some guidance on how to progress my damage.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DeusExMachina91/characters
Charactername: MTXclaws (Legacy League, not standard one!)

I know i have the wrong enchant on helm etc. But the main thing im asking for is where is my money best spent to increase my dmg?

Thanks!

edit (more info):

Hideout dps (with hatred and HoA): 94k
Chance to hit: 91%
Crit chance: 29.99%
crit-multi: 409%

I also have a 860ES chest im trying to color.. but its not going good so far.

Screenshot of my HO-dps: http://imgur.com/a/0KMUO

Took a look at your character and here are a few pointers to help:

1. Remove HoA from the 'Curse on Hit' setup you have in your boots. Herald of Ash doesn't work with CoH and you're better off putting it in your gloves so all auras are affected by Enlighten. And if you're really looking for a CoH setup, then you're better off with Whirling Blades doing that in a setup like this:

WB -> Fortify -> CoH -> Assassin's Mark/Enfeeble/Elemental Weakness

Granted, you'll lose Faster Attacks and it'll be a bit slower to move around, but if you don't care about the minor speed loss, then it's a possibility.

2. If possible, try and recolor your chest to RRRRGB. That way you can swap in 'Increased Critical Strikes' for a higher crit chance, which will help. Also lets you use 'Elemental Focus' on bosses or in maps where you get the 'Enemies have xx% chance to avoid status ailments'. If that isn't possible, then swap out Hypothermia for Cold Penetration as that it more well-rounded. It won't affect your sheet DPS, but it's not reliant on chill/freeze for a damage boost, and it affects both the melee and projectile portions of Frost Blades.

3. Swap out your Vessel of Vinktar and Dying Sun for 'The Wise Oak' and 'Atziri's Promise'/'Lion's Roar'. TWO will give you something you can use for elemental resists, and if you get them right, then you can increase your cold pen even more, which means more damage. AP/LR are nice DPS boosts, though Atziri's Promise might be a little more well-rounded for you right now as it also gives you some leech, too.

4. Your claw is (IMHO) the place where you really should invest your money/currency into upgrading. It's fine for what you have, but you're missing out on a lot without having an 'Increased Critical Strike Chance' mod on it. Reason is, is because that mod increases the local CHC of the claw, which then means your global CHC is scaled with that higher number. Example:

- Current CHC on the claw -> 6.30%
- With a 30% ICSC mod on it -> 8.19%

Hypothetically, if you have a total of 500% ICSC from all sources these would be the numbers for both:

- 6.30% -> (6.30 X 5.00) + 6.30 (base crit) = 37.80%
- 8.19% -> (8.19 X 5.00) + 8.19 (base crit) = 49.14%

That's over an 11% chance to crit, which means more hits affected by your Crit Multi, which means more consistent Critical Hit Damage...more damage overall. So yes, go for the claw upgrade in this case...might cost a bit if you're looking to buy one, but it will be worth it. Plus, since all damage you do is based on the...errrr...base weapon you have, it's pretty much the most important thing. All of your other gear is fine for now...work on the claw.

5. Your passive tree can use some tweaking, but I'm not the authority on Pathfinder (I am Raider for my build). However, I do see your 'Rapture Wound' jewel is not doing much for you. You have no fire skills, you're not dual-wielding, and you don't need the Projectile Damage at all. Try to replace that with something better. Also, since you have Skyforth's, try and pick up some of the Power Charges in the tree if you can, and also the jewel socket that's near CI. You gain a high stun threshold and the jewel socket can be a great place to add on extra stats.

Hope that helps. :)
"
Took a look at your character and here are a few pointers to help:

1. Remove HoA from the 'Curse on Hit' setup you have in your boots. Herald of Ash doesn't work with CoH and you're better off putting it in your gloves so all auras are affected by Enlighten. And if you're really looking for a CoH setup, then you're better off with Whirling Blades doing that in a setup like this:

WB -> Fortify -> CoH -> Assassin's Mark/Enfeeble/Elemental Weakness

Granted, you'll lose Faster Attacks and it'll be a bit slower to move around, but if you don't care about the minor speed loss, then it's a possibility.

2. If possible, try and recolor your chest to RRRRGB. That way you can swap in 'Increased Critical Strikes' for a higher crit chance, which will help. Also lets you use 'Elemental Focus' on bosses or in maps where you get the 'Enemies have xx% chance to avoid status ailments'. If that isn't possible, then swap out Hypothermia for Cold Penetration as that it more well-rounded. It won't affect your sheet DPS, but it's not reliant on chill/freeze for a damage boost, and it affects both the melee and projectile portions of Frost Blades.

3. Swap out your Vessel of Vinktar and Dying Sun for 'The Wise Oak' and 'Atziri's Promise'/'Lion's Roar'. TWO will give you something you can use for elemental resists, and if you get them right, then you can increase your cold pen even more, which means more damage. AP/LR are nice DPS boosts, though Atziri's Promise might be a little more well-rounded for you right now as it also gives you some leech, too.

4. Your claw is (IMHO) the place where you really should invest your money/currency into upgrading. It's fine for what you have, but you're missing out on a lot without having an 'Increased Critical Strike Chance' mod on it. Reason is, is because that mod increases the local CHC of the claw, which then means your global CHC is scaled with that higher number. Example:

- Current CHC on the claw -> 6.30%
- With a 30% ICSC mod on it -> 8.19%

Hypothetically, if you have a total of 500% ICSC from all sources these would be the numbers for both:

- 6.30% -> (6.30 X 5.00) + 6.30 (base crit) = 37.80%
- 8.19% -> (8.19 X 5.00) + 8.19 (base crit) = 49.14%

That's over an 11% chance to crit, which means more hits affected by your Crit Multi, which means more consistent Critical Hit Damage...more damage overall. So yes, go for the claw upgrade in this case...might cost a bit if you're looking to buy one, but it will be worth it. Plus, since all damage you do is based on the...errrr...base weapon you have, it's pretty much the most important thing. All of your other gear is fine for now...work on the claw.

5. Your passive tree can use some tweaking, but I'm not the authority on Pathfinder (I am Raider for my build). However, I do see your 'Rapture Wound' jewel is not doing much for you. You have no fire skills, you're not dual-wielding, and you don't need the Projectile Damage at all. Try to replace that with something better. Also, since you have Skyforth's, try and pick up some of the Power Charges in the tree if you can, and also the jewel socket that's near CI. You gain a high stun threshold and the jewel socket can be a great place to add on extra stats.

Hope that helps. :)

Thank you so much for taking the time! Really appreciate it :) I will take a look at the things you mentioned and probably buy an upgraded claw asap! I'll get back to you with the results.

Thanks again!
What can I do to get more damage? Using Path of Building I gave myself a copy of Invalesco's claw and perfect damage mod steel rings and my dps "only" went from 1.2 mil edps to 1.8 mil, a 50% total increase which is huge to be sure but Invalesco has 2.61 mil edps vs. shaper, I'm pretty sure my 1.8 mil was vs. a normal mob as well. Where can I make up this seemingly insurmountable dps gap? Is it just perfect 4 mod jewels in every jewel slot in addition to GG steel rings and a weapon?
Last edited by ChadCWizzyWarden on Apr 22, 2017, 10:41:03 AM
"
Jhek wrote:
Hey guys, great build! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about the direction I should go right now? I know the league's ending soon but I'm going to push for 97+ish, the character is Frost_What, atm im wondering if i should look for a cbelt, better atiziri's to 6l, or a hubris with the FB enchant, etc etc... Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm probably farming around 1.5~3 ex a day. I have also looked at possibly speccing into clarity to run disc,hatred,HoA but im not sure if that would be worth it atm either. Thank =)

I think you can look for a better atziri's to 6L. That would be the highest impact upgrade at this point. Remember to buy the right variant of atziri's splendour!

"
Xentos78 wrote:
Hi

i recenrtly levelt a ll ek assassin but its Not really what i was looking for. so simple question can i respec my assa or would the dps loss
too big. i know it will be slower movementspeed wise so i just Need to know of it would be viable with the goal of t16's.

Ty for any reply and gl to all

It should be viable, but the lack of elemental status immunity and movement speed will likely make it less fun to play. You should also put more priority into grabbing power charges as ur dps will be dependent on that.

"
RayRayx wrote:

literally just found this as i was about to spend a few exalts crafting. not the best but it meets your suggestion! skyforths next...

Gratz! All the best with the farming!

"
What can I do to get more damage? Using Path of Building I gave myself a copy of Invalesco's claw and perfect damage mod steel rings and my dps "only" went from 1.2 mil edps to 1.8 mil, a 50% total increase which is huge to be sure but Invalesco has 2.61 mil edps vs. shaper, I'm pretty sure my 1.8 mil was vs. a normal mob as well. Where can I make up this seemingly insurmountable dps gap? Is it just perfect 4 mod jewels in every jewel slot in addition to GG steel rings and a weapon?

Currently at work so unable to check ur char on PoB:

Just a quick note:
The eDPS on my screen was with elemental focus - with incr crit strikes it would be less (but incr crit strikes is the right setup for mapping).
Your rings are nice but they probably provide about 50% less dmg boost compared to those that my rings provide me. In addition, amulets are a major source of DPS, and ur dps is probably affected by not using a DPS amulet. I suspect the main causes for the dps discrepancy is jewels and jewellery as well as my having taken the coordination node. You can try replacing your jewellery and jewels with mine on PoB to check if they help make up the seemingly insurmountable gap

Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Hello again Inva! Going superwell with your build so far, level 90 and killing guardians easy and killed shaper my first attempt without having 20/20 gems and no skyforth!

Here's my current gear setup:

At the moent i'm kinda happy with it, I'm sitting around 7,7k es and it works great. Only times I'm really dying is becuase of my own misstakes. I'm sitting here thinking. Skin of the lords, the next level of this chest. I know it got big passive tree skills attached to it, but which one would benefit this build the most? Thinking of investing in one of those instead of going for a Vaal Regalia, or Speldour. Which one should I am for?

Regards
Pjey
Last edited by Pjey on Apr 22, 2017, 1:53:46 PM
OK I forgot about the bisco's I was wearing, I have a decent rare amulet that I have now put on. My vs. Shaper DPS is now 2.06 million, and that's with PoB-edited perfect DPS steel rings, Invalesco's claw, I put in 2 more points to take Coordination, and I made perfect jewels and put those in all my slots. With all this, I'm still quite a ways off from Invalesco's DPS. Here's my PoB with all of this if someone wants to take a look https://pastebin.com/JPR867eV. Basically I'm trying to figure all the ways I can improve my DPS, since I am apparently missing some sources of damage I don't know about.
"
OK I forgot about the bisco's I was wearing, I have a decent rare amulet that I have now put on. My vs. Shaper DPS is now 2.06 million, and that's with PoB-edited perfect DPS steel rings, Invalesco's claw, I put in 2 more points to take Coordination, and I made perfect jewels and put those in all my slots. With all this, I'm still quite a ways off from Invalesco's DPS. Here's my PoB with all of this if someone wants to take a look https://pastebin.com/JPR867eV. Basically I'm trying to figure all the ways I can improve my DPS, since I am apparently missing some sources of damage I don't know about.

I looked at both trees in PoB and the biggest difference I see between your build and Invalesco's are two things:

1. Invalesco's build has 3% higher hit chance than you. You're sitting at 89% chance to hit and he's sitting at 92% chance to hit. Doesn't seem like much, but it looks like you're missing some Accuracy rolls that would really help you out. That will boost your DPS up.

2. Invalesco's Effective Crit Chance is at 76.44% while yours is at 71.58% chance. That's about 5% difference, which will also make a difference in terms of DPS calculations since he'll be criting just a bit more often than you.

But of those two, I would try to get some increased Accuracy on your gear. You can do that in one of two ways:

1. Get flat Accuracy on either your rings, amulet, or helm, as those are the places you can get flat accuracy.

2. Get more Intelligence rolls on gear. Remember, your Shaper's Touch gloves will give you 4 accuracy per 2 Intelligence, which is important since you get both ES% AND Accuracy from Intelligence. Invalesco is sporting about 483 Intelligence total and you only have 347. So:

-- 136 more Intelligence, so 136/2 = 68 -> 68 X 4 = 272 Accuracy

Also, Invalesco has 334 Dexterity total and you have about 284, so that's 50 more Dexterity on his side. And since every 1 Dex = 2 Accuracy, that's another 100 Accuracy, which means he has a total of 372 more Accuracy than you. He may also have a little more %Accuracy scaling to scale those numbers, which explains why his hit rating is higher than yours and thus his DPS will be calculated higher than yours even though your gear appears similar.

For further comparison, my gear here:

Spoiler

I am sporting about 356 Dexterity and 513 Intelligence, so my hit rating is around 92% or so in game last time I checked. Granted, I know my gear is more than above average, but even so, the Intelligence rolls make a huge difference with those gloves we're all wearing. Definitely try to improve the Int rolls on your gear (Helm, Rings, Amulet, and Shield if possible) and potentially use master crafting when available. Heck, even All Attributes can be helpful if you want to try that out, especially on an amulet.

But all that said, definitely try to get those things up and you'll see your DPS increase.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info