[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Wow thnx for the quick response! Love the build so far!
Thanks for the reply Brightwaha,

I have tested using Overwhelm and Impact, I like the guarantee to land a stun on first hit, felt more 'safer' since most boss and mobs can't really touch me. Really good nodes for Hardcore players to survive. I'm using this setup for now because I'm saving up currency to complete the gear build (4 link Tidebreaker with 6 link low tier body armour).

My upcoming test is using Headsman, Impact and Writhing Jar, the huge AoE from these 2 nodes greatly helpful in map clearing, up to 45% increase AoE. In terms of stun, maybe I can buy couple more of jewels and gears with stun statuses.

Lastly I will experiment by removing Impact nodes, and go for Overwhelm and Headsman, because of AoE and Stun at the same time.
I do acknowledge I might messed up the build, but yeah you don't know if you haven't tried it yet.

Sidenote: Both Headsman and Overwhelm are really good in their own way. It is very subjective.
"
Doomantia wrote:
Thanks for the reply Brightwaha,

I have tested using Overwhelm and Impact, I like the guarantee to land a stun on first hit, felt more 'safer' since most boss and mobs can't really touch me. Really good nodes for Hardcore players to survive. I'm using this setup for now because I'm saving up currency to complete the gear build (4 link Tidebreaker with 6 link low tier body armour).

My upcoming test is using Headsman, Impact and Writhing Jar, the huge AoE from these 2 nodes greatly helpful in map clearing, up to 45% increase AoE. In terms of stun, maybe I can buy couple more of jewels and gears with stun statuses.

Lastly I will experiment by removing Impact nodes, and go for Overwhelm and Headsman, because of AoE and Stun at the same time.
I do acknowledge I might messed up the build, but yeah you don't know if you haven't tried it yet.

Sidenote: Both Headsman and Overwhelm are really good in their own way. It is very subjective.

Yes, the choices are subjective. You can go for Overwhelm and Headsman instead of Impact, it's alright; but keep in mind that your Heavy Strike no longer has splash. This means no more clearing with Heavy Strike and difficulty killing The Writhing Jar worms(maybe Leap Slam can work? but not very practical in real fights).
@Brightwaha. I was looking at your links. But you got Sunder in your Tide. What are your links for Heavy Strike?
"
RwOzm wrote:
@Brightwaha. I was looking at your links. But you got Sunder in your Tide. What are your links for Heavy Strike?

You can trust the Gem Setup section in the guide. Everything is updated. The gems in the gears shown in the Sample Gears section can also be trusted.

Generally I use the same support gems, but Heavy Strike is used more often with boss fight gems like Bloodlust and Sunder is used more often with gems like Multistrike.
"

Can somebody tell me what i need to do to stunlock at least uber izaro? u.u
For single target i use : Heavy strike ; melee phys ; maim ; ruthless ; stun support ; multistrike.
Im not able to stun uber izaro.. maybe once every 5 seconds >_<
Couldnt stun hydra even once the whole fight.. dont know how i'll be able to stunlock shaper. seems impossible to me.

What do i miss? x___x
pls help T_T
Last edited by StoneyMahoney69 on Jan 18, 2018, 1:15:04 PM
"
"

Can somebody tell me what i need to do to stunlock at least uber izaro? u.u
For single target i use : Heavy strike ; melee phys ; maim ; ruthless ; stun support ; multistrike.
Im not able to stun uber izaro.. maybe once every 5 seconds >_<
Couldnt stun hydra even once the whole fight.. dont know how i'll be able to stunlock shaper. seems impossible to me.

What do i miss? x___x
pls help T_T

Multistrike is a bad choice for boss fights. Stunning requires high damage per hit but Multistrike reduces your damage per hit by 30%. Replace this gem with Bloodlust and you will have significantly better performance stunning bosses.
i got all req items.
can't stun shit !

here is the char:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MaximusRO/characters

"HeavyyStriker"
IGN:MuaddDibb
Last edited by MaximusRO on Jan 18, 2018, 2:02:14 PM
"
brightwaha wrote:

Multistrike is a bad choice for boss fights. Stunning requires high damage per hit but Multistrike reduces your damage per hit by 30%. Replace this gem with Bloodlust and you will have significantly better performance stunning bosses.

i'll try that thank you. What about the stun support? is it needed to stun guardians and such or should i go with another dmg multiplicator?
"
"
brightwaha wrote:

i'll try that thank you. What about the stun support? is it needed to stun guardians and such or should i go with another dmg multiplicator?

It’s not needed but it helps. Stun Support is like a gem saying 60% more damage when evaluating how much it contributes to our stun capability. But it doesn’t actually offer any DPS. You should make the decision for each boss fight by asking yourself: is DPS more important or more consistent stunning more important?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info