[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
MaximusRO wrote:
i got all req items.
can't stun shit !

here is the char:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MaximusRO/characters

"HeavyyStriker"

I don’t understand what you mean by can’t stun shit. Are you having problems with stunning trash mobs even or you’re having trouble with endgame bosses? I can’t give any suggestion without knowing what you’re having trouble with.

As I stated in the guide, you will need to swap out Multistrike for tough boss fights. I suspect the problem here was that you you challenged some endgame boss without switching out some gems.
Spoiler

This was a very fun build to play with stuning almost everything no problem with either shaper or red elder i did enjoy it very much!

Saddly last 3 weeks no upgrades available to perfect it a bit more, 50 ex sitting there!

Thank you for the time and effort spended to make this guide was the most detailed and preciced i've ever followed!
"
Cloud_69 wrote:
Spoiler

This was a very fun build to play with stuning almost everything no problem with either shaper or red elder i did enjoy it very much!

Saddly last 3 weeks no upgrades available to perfect it a bit more, 50 ex sitting there!

Thank you for the time and effort spended to make this guide was the most detailed and preciced i've ever followed!

Thanks for your kind words. Also, you have collected some really decent gears:D
Still ~ i dont understand how to stun shaper with this...
How much more dmg do i need ??
do i need 20/20 gems ?
is it really gonna make a difference?
I feel like the only chance to stun a guardian is with the double damage enchant on the helmet, which i dont own.
Gonna buy that for 1.5ex now and if that also doesnt work, lets hope i can make some profit selling the stuff again >__<
which is kinda sad.. cuz i had a lot of fun untill i couldnt stun uber izaro / shaper guardians.
Didnt try shaper yet, but o well.. makes no sense if you cant even stun his guardians.
Got phys dmg on every gear piece except amulet now...
Really dont know what im doing wrong .. im going into the minotaur fight with max frenzy charges, rallying cry + totem + potions. But he doesnt get stunned even once.
"
do i need 20/20 gems ?
I feel like the only chance to stun a guardian is with the double damage enchant on the helmet, which i dont own.
Gonna buy that for 1.5ex now and if that also doesnt work, lets hope i can make some profit selling the stuff again >__<
which is kinda sad.. cuz i had a lot of fun untill i couldnt stun uber izaro / shaper guardians.
Didnt try shaper yet, but o well.. makes no sense if you cant even stun his guardians.
Really dont know what im doing wrong .. im going into the minotaur fight with max frenzy charges, rallying cry + totem + potions. But he doesnt get stunned even once.

Minotaur is stun immune... That's the problem here.

There is no doubt that you will be able to stun-lock Uber Izaro. You just need to switch to the correct gems and play correctly.

Helm enchant and flat physical roll on items helps but are not too significant. You have already got some semi-decent gears and I think you shouldn't have problems stunning any boss besides Shaper(and besides stun immune ones).

Shaper has a much higher high life pool. You should still be able to stun him very often, but achieving perfect stun-locking is another story and it depends on your RNG.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
do i need 20/20 gems ?

Minotaur is stun immune... That's the problem here.

There is no doubt that you will be able to stun-lock Uber Izaro. You just need to switch to the correct gems and play correctly.

Helm enchant and flat physical roll on items helps but are not too significant. You have already got some semi-decent gears and I think you shouldn't have problems stunning any boss besides Shaper(and besides stun immune ones).

Shaper has a much higher high life pool. You should still be able to stun him very often, but achieving perfect stun-locking is another story and it depends on your RNG.

Sorry i meant hydra x)) thanks for answering tho .. i think i'll just lvl my gems to 20/20 and see where it gets me.
"
Sorry i meant hydra x)) thanks for answering tho .. i think i'll just lvl my gems to 20/20 and see where it gets me.

I imported your character into PoB and took a look. Some comments:

Gem Choices:
-You should definitely use Bloodlust for boss fights if you don't already.
-Enfeeble may not be the best curse option here, maybe try Temporal Chains for a defensive curse. Rallying Cry is not necessary.
-20/20 gems will make some difference. Especially a 20/20 Stun Support.

Ascendancy and Passives:
-"Brutal Fervour" is pretty useless. The increased life leeched per second means nothing for a Slayer and we don't really need stun immunity(high life pool + 50% stun recovery from "Stun Mastery" wheel). I don't think it's worth it to spend an ascendancy point into bleed immunity, and "Headsman" is obviously a better choice.
-Passive groups "Juggernaut" and "Devotion" are really efficient. Those are definitely priority.
-Investing 5 points into "Cloth and Chain" and "Savagery" may not be cost efficient.
-There is a pathing issue in your passive tree. You went straight from "Heart of the Warrior" to "Discipline and Training". You could have gone from "Resolute Technique" to "Discipline and Training". This way you spend 1 less passive point on a +10 intelligence node.

Gears:
-You don't need flat physical damage on all your gears, it's not very important.
-Kaom's Heart provides better defense for you.

The gem choices are the only ones that matters for the stunning Guardians business. You should be able to stun-lock Hydra with the correct gem setups.

I'm playing this build with my 2 bros. So far had a lot of fun. 1 question, does the multiplayer health boost affect your ability to stun?
Last edited by RolandTEC on Jan 19, 2018, 8:39:16 PM
"
RolandTEC wrote:
I'm playing this build with my 2 bros. So far had a lot of fun. 1 question, does the multiplayer health boost affect your ability to stun?

It won’t. Stunning a boss in a 3 man group will be as easy as stunning it solo. Actually, because of auras and curses, it’s even easier to land stuns.
Playing this build with great success, was able to stun lock uber izzaro my first try at roughly around 71. I decided to with Brass Dome (for the price, I got a pretty cheap 5L) so I've been running vengence in the chest for a little lag safety. Is this a good idea or should I start saving for something else?

Check out my profile if you could, I feel like I geared pretty good on a 2ex budget. Curious if I missed anything or could improve something obvious to you. (High priced potions coming as I use this to farm uber lab)

Character name is : Nevereverrest
Last edited by Lenaric on Jan 20, 2018, 10:15:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info