[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

Pretty great build, well balanced and well optimized tree, to an extent that I've had a hard time making improvements on it using PoB if at all at that. So, well done!

The only question I have is why Ele Weakness for melee heavy minions? Despite the heavy portion of elemental damage (42-40 on Fire and Cold) most of those were from conversions (SRS conversion, Hatred), so why not just use Punishment instead of Ele Weakness for the curse? That's the first thing I noticed after reading the OP, and after checking with PoB, Punishment does seems to give almost 30% improvement on their DPS. Is there some hidden mechanics that I've missed or something?
"
Tinklesz wrote:
For the high MF variant - what level were you when you took a picture of that skill tree? I'm currently running your frenzy variant of srs/zombie with over 1k strength. Thinking on switching to the bisco collar variant of the build - but wanted to know what level you were on that SS.

I think he was level 96

"
TheLelik wrote:
@dupie
Hi! Thanks for awesome guide!
It's gonna be mine second HC attempt ;)
Can you share Path of Building link for HC block version of this build?
Thnx!

It's there under the block section "Skill Tree/Bandits/Ascendancy"

"
M4kk3 wrote:
What about dropping Mon'tregul's for United in Dream and leaving everything else as is, and grabbing Beacon of Corruption from Necromancer Ascendancy to boost the damage a bit from Envy? I know Severed in Sleep is a bit meh.

Awesomesauce build btw, really got me hooked to summoners.

Envy is not worth using at all, haste helps us a lot and I don't think it should be replaced. You are free to drop mon'tregul's but keep in mind that they will be less tanky and even with life leech they will still die as their life/defense won't be that high, and you will have a lot more to bring up. Using mon'tregul's also helps you bring them back up a lot quicker, something I wouldn't give up unless I was blood magic and mana wasn't an issue.

"
rpxcandy wrote:
Great build man, didn't even need to buy Baron until I was mapping over T10. Thankfully dropped from 150c to 45c in that time ;D

Glad it is working out for you :)

"
Pretty great build, well balanced and well optimized tree, to an extent that I've had a hard time making improvements on it using PoB if at all at that. So, well done!

The only question I have is why Ele Weakness for melee heavy minions? Despite the heavy portion of elemental damage (42-40 on Fire and Cold) most of those were from conversions (SRS conversion, Hatred), so why not just use Punishment instead of Ele Weakness for the curse? That's the first thing I noticed after reading the OP, and after checking with PoB, Punishment does seems to give almost 30% improvement on their DPS. Is there some hidden mechanics that I've missed or something?

The problem with punishment is each minion has to get hit to receive the buff, and with a base duration of 4 seconds this doesn't really work. With elemental weakness you can have 100% up-time on the debuff giving a consistent damage boost - I normally go with enfeeble anyways as damage isn't an issue.

"
dupie wrote:

The problem with punishment is each minion has to get hit to receive the buff, and with a base duration of 4 seconds this doesn't really work. With elemental weakness you can have 100% up-time on the debuff giving a consistent damage boost - I normally go with enfeeble anyways as damage isn't an issue.

Makes sense and good point. Thanks!
Hi there thanks for the guide, going great so far.

Only at low level my zombies die so easy lol!

I have one question regarding the Glimmer Glyph jewels where can i get them?

I play on HHC if that has something todo with it?
"
KevRosalez wrote:
Hi there thanks for the guide, going great so far.

Only at low level my zombies die so easy lol!

I have one question regarding the Glimmer Glyph jewels where can i get them?

I play on HHC if that has something todo with it?

Hi there, those are not unique jewels they are like any other rare with random properties and names. What you want to do is buy cobalt jewels with either increased maximum life or minion damage and augment + regal and hope to hit both like mine. On HHC you really want increased maximum life on all jewels and have minion damage as a luxury.
One more question im using the HC Block variant, and in PoB you have Enduring Cry linked with Whirling Blade and Faster attacks,

Im trying it now but Whirling Blades doesnt trigger the Enduring Cry, can you explain that?

EDIT: And on which level you recommend using Bone Offering instead of Flesh Offering?
Last edited by KevRosalez on Sep 20, 2017, 11:02:58 AM
"
KevRosalez wrote:
One more question im using the HC Block variant, and in PoB you have Enduring Cry linked with Whirling Blade and Faster attacks,

Im trying it now but Whirling Blades doesnt trigger the Enduring Cry, can you explain that?

EDIT: And on which level you recommend using Bone Offering instead of Flesh Offering?

It's not meant to, enduring cry is there for you to self cast to gain endurance charges and life regen :)

As soon as you equip a shield I would start using bone offering, grab a stone of lazhwar early on and an advancing fortress at 46.
Last edited by dupie on Sep 20, 2017, 10:47:21 PM
Is there a pastebin available for High Budget IIR/IIQ variant by 4012EternalFlame4012?
@dupie
Hi! Thanks for awesome guide!
Why we are not using Vaal Summon Skeletons?
I put it in Advancing Fortress and those bad guys have forify. And it's soo amazing to toss skeleton swarm right into boss face, making most boss fights on Hardcore eassy pieasy ))
Just made it to 1k str, it's awesome.
Thanks for the guide.

Current gear:
Spoiler
Patch 1.3 - never forget the big qq!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info