[3.2] SRS/Zombies Necromancer

I'm new to this game and have started with this build in HHC and things seem to be going well for me thus far. I feel like im hitting a softcap and don't have a direction to go with upgrades since a lot of stuff seem to be unattainable by my low income. I don't really have much currency but would try and save up for that main thing I need to obtain. By any chance can you look at my character and tell me what I need to upgrade or what I am lacking? I also might need help on where to go in my skill tree. I'm currently lvl 85 and doing t6-8 maps cautiously since it's hardcore. Thanks
Hi, im following this build and im finding it pretty nice! I really love it! It works very well and im having a lot of fun! So, thanks Dupie!
Then im here because i found capping the resistance very hard, so i wanna ask a couple of questions:
Is it worth to go for the "Diamond Skin" node that is 2 nodes away from "Warrior's Blood" for the +15resist?
Or maybe pick the second little node after "Barbarism" for another +3resist?
Or maybe you have found better nodes to pick up in the tree?

Thx all!
(sorry for my english)
I also had some problems capping my res, so I took Diamond Skin.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
dupie wrote:
"
ArTHeiM wrote:
hi) like the build.but i have a little qestion. Is it possible to use summon skeletone insted of SRS?
seams not realy as a old scool summoner to me)

Yes, you can use skeletons instead of SRS.

How to build with skeles:
1. Get 1 From Dust and 2 Dead Reckoning jewels for skeleton mages.
2. Replace haste with anger and link it with generosity.
3. Drop Ahn's Heritage shield and fragility jewels and replace with victario's charity and get necromantic aegis to help with minion speed.
4. Replace SRS gems in body with this: Summon Skeleton - Minion Damage - Controlled Destruction - LMP/GMP - Spell Echo - Pierce

Skill tree: 117 points

But skeletal mages doesn't benefit from strenght.....right?
I mean SRS benefit from melee phys dmg, but mages?
"
Redvex wrote:
"
dupie wrote:
"
ArTHeiM wrote:
hi) like the build.but i have a little qestion. Is it possible to use summon skeletone insted of SRS?
seams not realy as a old scool summoner to me)

Yes, you can use skeletons instead of SRS.

How to build with skeles:
1. Get 1 From Dust and 2 Dead Reckoning jewels for skeleton mages.
2. Replace haste with anger and link it with generosity.
3. Drop Ahn's Heritage shield and fragility jewels and replace with victario's charity and get necromantic aegis to help with minion speed.
4. Replace SRS gems in body with this: Summon Skeleton - Minion Damage - Controlled Destruction - LMP/GMP - Spell Echo - Pierce

Skill tree: 117 points

But skeletal mages doesn't benefit from strenght.....right?
I mean SRS benefit from melee phys dmg, but mages?

Indeed, the minion damage from tree and victario's charity are enough for skeletons damage for mapping if you don't want to use SRS. Zombies still scale very nicely off strength and do a lot of damage on boss fights. People asked if they can use skeletons instead of SRS, which you can but it is not as good because of the issue of not scaling off strength. I kept getting whispers about skeletons which is why I added that option.
Last edited by dupie on Sep 5, 2017, 2:09:07 AM
"
Profpollo wrote:
Hi, im following this build and im finding it pretty nice! I really love it! It works very well and im having a lot of fun! So, thanks Dupie!
Then im here because i found capping the resistance very hard, so i wanna ask a couple of questions:
Is it worth to go for the "Diamond Skin" node that is 2 nodes away from "Warrior's Blood" for the +15resist?
Or maybe pick the second little node after "Barbarism" for another +3resist?
Or maybe you have found better nodes to pick up in the tree?

Thx all!
(sorry for my english)

Glad you are enjoying it, yes it is perfectly fine going off the build path a bit to get resists etc, just respec a bit later when you have the resists. Also if you are having a hard time capping resists just hold off getting ahn's heritage and use a rare shield with resists in the mean time.
"
wolffresh wrote:
I'm new to this game and have started with this build in HHC and things seem to be going well for me thus far. I feel like im hitting a softcap and don't have a direction to go with upgrades since a lot of stuff seem to be unattainable by my low income. I don't really have much currency but would try and save up for that main thing I need to obtain. By any chance can you look at my character and tell me what I need to upgrade or what I am lacking? I also might need help on where to go in my skill tree. I'm currently lvl 85 and doing t6-8 maps cautiously since it's hardcore. Thanks

You are on the right path, I would probably focus more on more life though as you don't need strength until you get a baron. Also make sure you pick up whispers of doom asap and run dual curse(enfeeble+temporal chains) as this will greatly increase your defenses while mapping. Pick up elemental equilibrium in the tree and curse with ball lightning (curse on hit - ball lightning - temp chains - enfeeble) as this is a huge damage increase. After that probably focus on a 5L, get more life on gear while maintaining res cap and you should have no problems mapping. Once you have a baron, start slowly increasing your strength as high as possible but do not sacrifice res or life for more strength as they are more important than damage on HC.

Good luck.
"
tompa2321 wrote:
I intend to use Grip of the Council to increase the damage output of Minions. So does the Extra cold damage from Grip and Hatred stack ?

Yes, grips are great but make capping res a bit harder but if you can maintain 1k+ strength and res cap then definitely use them.
"
hardcore_WUSS wrote:
im playing the hardcore block variant build and i finally got my baron helmet, i followed the build this far on what items to use but i actually have only 480 strenght, all of my rares items also have strenght mod on em exept for the ring that has dex, however it seems that even i put the maximum strenght on all of the rares i posess i will only go up to maybe over 600 but never near a thousand, am i missing something? i also decided to play with the the mon'tregul grasp instead of the gut ripper thus loosing about 10% of block once my bone offering are casted because i wanted to maximimze the zombies life/dps, is it really a big deal if i lack that 10% or its not that dangerous, personally i dont see a big difference when i run maps so far (i am lvl 85)

You don't get 1k strength with the block variant as your life regen + life on block basically tops you up almost as fast as the leech or faster if you are blocking a lot. You just get strength to further increase your damage + life, the higher the better. As for the weapon I personally use the scourge when I play HC and I grab a couple of block nodes in the tree,it works for me.

Definitely start off with an advancing fortress just until you are comfortable and then switch to whichever you like.
I hit today 90.
I've 6200 life and my ress are 79 78 78 with 1017 str
I've not a 6 link and my gems are 19 and not quality at all but i can do t15 and have room for improvmenr
The problem is...bosses.
I've not many Chaos but since united in Dreams and 6 link body have same cost. What i can do? Aim to united? 6 link body armour? Is there any other object less expensive to help for boss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info