[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

@SloshMoney
The flickering around is not counted as "moving" by the game and thus you gain the damage reduction from arctic armour ( and the pantheon buff ) as long as you don't move around and just flicker around.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@SloshMoney
The flickering around is not counted as "moving" by the game and thus you gain the damage reduction from arctic armour ( and the pantheon buff ) as long as you don't move around and just flicker around.

the pantheon is 100% NOT working with flicker strike therefor im 100% certain that arctic armour will NOT work. Maybe this should be brought up to devs? feel free to use this gif as a reference.

https://gyazo.com/daa2be8162ff784af84fcabc444647d8
Interesting. Maybe its a change in the beta? Talked with plenty of people researched a bit (there are many discussions about it too i.e. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/42e0bz/flicker_strike_arctic_armour_interaction/ or https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1523996/page/1#p12280852 ) and its effect is easily observable while you play. Though i must admit that i'm not sure if that's not changed in the beta nor i know if the pantheon and arctic armour both have the same relation with flicker strike. A word from GGG would sure be nice though, who knows the perceived increase in survivability could be just a bias based on a preconceived notion and we see it because we expect to see it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 14, 2017, 11:22:48 AM
I found this staff post from May 2016

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Anything that teleports you (Flicker Strike, Lightning Warp, Flame Dash, etc) has no interaction with "while moving" effects because teleportation is instant. There is no point in time during which you are moving - you go from being at point A to being at point B with no time between the two.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/274331/filter-account-type/staff/page/2

so unless something has/is changing in beta/3.0
Awesome! Good to know for sure! Thank you so much for the info (which for some reason i failed to find).

P.S. In that case it's interesting why that's not the case with the Pantheon power which leads us to two possible options - 1. Changes in 3.0 so that teleporting (or at least flickering) is also considered moving. 2. The linked rule does not apply to that Pantheon power. ... oh and of course a bug is also a possibility... so i've made a report just in case.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 20, 2017, 3:47:36 AM
Quick few questions.

How does this build look for 3.0? I dont know whats being changed trying to find a build to start with. Always thought flicker looked awesome!

Im assuming its bad in parties. I tend to play one maybe 2 friends at a time. Any idea hw it would perform in these small groups?

Thanks for the guide!
There are no major changes in 3.0 regarding this build. A few more options when it comes to support gems and the Pantheon powers ... that's about it (maybe some new uniques could fit well with it but we'll have to wait and see.)

As for parties - it works well because with an end-game build you don't rely on kills to generate charges, with that said though ... your party members might not be ok running behind constantly.
I got another question! So what would you use for the new bandits? Cant wait to flicker everywhere!
I'd probably go with Oak, though there really isn't wrong answer (besides killing all).
Hello ladies and gents. I finally hit lvl 98...didn't expect to have a smooth leveling experience (key word: headhunter/double beyond).

I would like to share my experience:

1) Herald of ash + Assassin blasphemy + Arctic armor clears a whole lot better than Hatred + Assassin. plus, I have less likelyhood gibbing myself. The overkill burning effect helps kill the smaller mobs that I had missed.
2) Endless hunger is a live saver...picking up items and still getting the over regen (while getting attacked) is bliss.
3) I was at 99% towards lvl 98, Instantly crashed once I spawned multiple beyond mobs with immortal buff...twas a sad moment in PoE history.
4) Even with 9600-9800 HP, volatile is still deadly. I reroll alot of increased % elemental damage with - min-max resist. Looking forward with the 3.0 patch.

Last edited by Molochmane on Jul 24, 2017, 5:56:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info