[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well especially for Hydra the major thing is just knowing the fight and being able to execute it well enough. You'll do better next time i'm sure.
Grabbing Heart of the Oak is definitely a valid option. Another thing that you can do with the 4 points instead of taking Deadly Dilettante you can grab the life node next to Juggernaut, the 2 life nodes in the Thick Skin cluster and the the life + armour/eva node in the Duelist starting area for a total of 16% increased life.

I feel like I understood Hydra's moves and was mostly avoiding them when I could, but maybe I need to see some videos of it before trying again.

Thanks for the suggestion on the nodes, this is definitely much nicer. I'm getting close to 7k life now!
Having a lot of fun with this build. Just note though that I found "Melee Damage on Full Life" support gem to be a much bigger damage boost over added fire. With all the leech and the slayer passive to not stop leech effects, I'm always at full life. GGG fixed the mechanics around full life and now if the leech outpaces the degen it counts you as full life (even if it shows your health at 4999/5000).
Are you sure? I have to try it, though i never read that it was changed. Last i read this was an intentional effect of Blood Rage - so that you are never considered at full life while it is on. If it works now then it is of course much better than added fire damage.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 6, 2017, 10:42:34 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Are you sure? I have to try it, though i never read that it was changed. Last i read this was an intentional effect of Blood Rage - so that you are never considered at full life while it is on. If it works now then it is of course much better than added fire damage.

Positive. Here is screenshots showing this. I was surprised too. It was in some patch over the last year or so because I know last year this wasn't the case.

Top picture has a leech going w/ blood rage. The health hovers at slightly below full, but the melee on full damage still stays active. The bottom picture shows the same exact scenario without leech (so I'm not at full health) and shows my tooltip not showing the damage buff.

Screenshot:
http://imgur.com/a/9gLWR
Last edited by Aschere on May 6, 2017, 2:32:51 PM
Just tested it and ... it seems that it works! A great find i must say! Will do some more testing and i'll update the guide when i'm back home ( because i'm going out in literally 5 mins ). I've also browsed some reddit thread that seem to confirm that now melee damage on full life works with blood rage ( due to changes to the rounding of numbers in 2.6)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 6, 2017, 2:56:44 PM
Hey brother how do you get endurance charges in this build for CWDT Immortal Call? Great build so far, having a blast with it but how do you get endurance charge? None of your current gear gives you endurance charges.
Last edited by kubasniaczek on May 6, 2017, 8:34:28 PM
The answer is - i don't, nor do you need endurance charges to use IC. The base duration of Immortal call + increased duration support gem is enough to help you mitigate a hit or two when needed. In the end IC here is not a major defensive mechanic.
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 6, 2017, 8:53:49 PM
Ohh I see now. Thanks! ;)
Well...i have to retract back on HH not being really useful.

Last edited by Molochmane on May 7, 2017, 4:58:31 PM
I knew you'd come around ^^
Nice ~4.8 mil DPS you got there :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 7, 2017, 8:58:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info