[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Hi there, first of all thanks for the great build. I appreciate the work you've put into this guide!

I'm currently 96 with it in Harbinger league, first time I've taken a character this far.

So this is my gear currently (including a perfect Terminus):

Just got the acuity, so I consider my gear somewhat "finished". (Except HH ofcourse)

I had a few questions about your stats screenshot.

1. You have 83% crit chance, I have 74%.
When I compare the gear you've showcased versus my gear, I have way more crit chance on my pieces. I have 2 diamond rings with each 30%, an amulet with 38%, my acuity has 35%, Terminus has 75%. Also each of my jewels have at least 12%. So I was wondering how you got to 83%? My guess is that the screenshot is outdated and crit chance got nerfed somewhere along the road, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Edit: Never mind this point, I had the wrong skill selected. I actually have 92% crit chance (with Blood Rage + 5 Frenzy & 3 Power Charges)

2. You have 32,8k damage with 10.53 aps = 345k dps. I have 26,9k damage with 10.75 aps = 289k dps. (These numbers are both with Blood Rage + 5 Frenzy & 3 Power Charges)
55k dps seems like a big difference to me, even though our gear is very very similar. I'd even say I have a bit more dps stats on my jewels and rings/amus (also have 3 passive points more), but you might be able to shed some light on this. Maybe I'm just focusing on the wrong stats. I know your screenshot is with 6 frenzy charges, but surely that doesn't account for the 55k dps difference. How should I improve my damage?

Edit: After further investigating the numbers, I noticed your screenshot is with Added Fire Damage Support instead of Damage on Full Life Support (as your guide suggests is better). It's hard to really analyze the damage of DoFL because I'm constantly taking damage from Blood Rage. I went and bought Added Fire Damage, with that I have 37k damage and 10.75 aps which comes down to 397k dps.

I guess I just answered both my questions with the edits, heh. It leads to another question though.

Added Fire Damage or Damage on Full Life? It seems that AFD is more consistent because it is 'always' active. But how consistent is DoFL really? You're constantly taking hits and draining health with Blood Rage, so to me it looks like AFD is the better choice because you will not always be on full health for DoFL to take full effect. Especially since I'm running Overwhelm instead of Endless Hunger. (I'm still pretty new so maybe you have a better view on this)

Those points aside, it's still a beast in maps and really enjoying it.

My next goal is killing shaper, but still kind of struggling with the guardians (especially Phoenix).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope you're still around to give a noob like me some advice! Keep up the great work.

Thanks in advance & peace.
Last edited by errej on Oct 19, 2017, 7:27:34 PM
"
errej wrote:
Hi there, first of all thanks for the great build. I appreciate the work you've put into this guide!

I'm currently 96 with it in Harbinger league, first time I've taken a character this far.

So this is my gear currently (including a perfect Terminus):

Just got the acuity, so I consider my gear somewhat "finished". (Except HH ofcourse)

I had a few questions about your stats screenshot.

1. You have 83% crit chance, I have 74%.
When I compare the gear you've showcased versus my gear, I have way more crit chance on my pieces. I have 2 diamond rings with each 30%, an amulet with 38%, my acuity has 35%, Terminus has 75%. Also each of my jewels have at least 12%. So I was wondering how you got to 83%? My guess is that the screenshot is outdated and crit chance got nerfed somewhere along the road, but just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Edit: Never mind this point, I had the wrong skill selected. I actually have 92% crit chance (with Blood Rage + 5 Frenzy & 3 Power Charges)

2. You have 32,8k damage with 10.53 aps = 345k dps. I have 26,9k damage with 10.75 aps = 289k dps. (These numbers are both with Blood Rage + 5 Frenzy & 3 Power Charges)
55k dps seems like a big difference to me, even though our gear is very very similar. I'd even say I have a bit more dps stats on my jewels and rings/amus (also have 3 passive points more), but you might be able to shed some light on this. Maybe I'm just focusing on the wrong stats. I know your screenshot is with 6 frenzy charges, but surely that doesn't account for the 55k dps difference. How should I improve my damage?

Edit: After further investigating the numbers, I noticed your screenshot is with Added Fire Damage Support instead of Damage on Full Life Support (as your guide suggests is better). It's hard to really analyze the damage of DoFL because I'm constantly taking damage from Blood Rage. I went and bought Added Fire Damage, with that I have 37k damage and 10.75 aps which comes down to 397k dps.

I guess I just answered both my questions with the edits, heh. It leads to another question though.

Added Fire Damage or Damage on Full Life? It seems that AFD is more consistent because it is 'always' active. But how consistent is DoFL really? You're constantly taking hits and draining health with Blood Rage, so to me it looks like AFD is the better choice because you will not always be on full health for DoFL to take full effect. Especially since I'm running Overwhelm instead of Endless Hunger. (I'm still pretty new so maybe you have a better view on this)

My next goal is killing shaper, but still kind of struggling with the guardians (especially Phoenix).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I hope you're still around to give a noob like me some advice! Keep up the great work.

Is 289k your POB dps without Flask? Assume Power/Frenzy charges on, Intimidated vs Shaper/Guardian. Coz 289k with these settings is pretty low for guardians.
Hi i have troubles trying to max out res while having biscos collar equiped (because biscos is bae). Can anyone help me with this?

My profile link : Https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ricmond/characters?characterName=FLICKFLICKMASTER
"
Catzilla wrote:
Is 289k your POB dps without Flask? Assume Power/Frenzy charges on, Intimidated vs Shaper/Guardian. Coz 289k with these settings is pretty low for guardians.

I don't know what POB is, but that DPS is indeed without flasks and with Damage on Full Life. With Added Fire Damage instead it's 397k.

I can't check right now but if I remember correctly with flasks it's about 700-800k.
just finished leveling, amazing build :)
"
stormysparkle wrote:
I'm level 76 and I seem to be struggling in even white T4 - T6 maps, I either can't fight a boss because I get one shot, or my life gets drained away from poison I'm guessing. All of my resistances are capped, and I just recently switched out most of my jewelry and armor for better maximum life rolls, since I thought that was the problem, but I am still having the same problems; just less often. Here is my gear. I only have one jewel ATM, and I'm not sure if that's the problem.

i've no idea how are you struggling in t4-6 at level 76, i just finished leveling and my first map at 69 was a t5..
it was too easy, my life never dropped below 75%
"
errej wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Damage on full life can be "on" all the time..as long we remove the abyssus. Less degen. But if you consistently hit..it shouldn't be an issue. To remedy this, you can swap in with maim instead of damage on full life.

- Overwhelm is useless in my opinion, it has no place in this build unless you do mace stun setup.
how do u deal with mana issue? Cuz I usually stopped in case of out of mana
I'm having survivability issues and dying very quickly in in some dangerous packs (i'm not even sure what the source of damage i die to is from sometimes). So two questions:

1. How do you identify what you die from, since from what I can tell there's no combat log? For example I died a few times to the shaped racecourse boss (reflect) before just using ancestral protector to kill it. But sometimes with trash packs I just have no clue how I died.

2. What gear pieces should i prioritize in upgrading for survivability?

Hi, can I replace Acrobatics with Iron Reflexes ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info